Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Australian Gp

Driver of the day - Australian GP  

74 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Lewis
    • Nick
    • Rosberg
    • Nando
    • Kovy
    • Ruebens
    • Nakajima
    • Bourdais

Lewis was unchallenged for the entire race. Rosberg I think was superb in a car clearly not competitve enough to race against McLaren and BMW.

I say Bourdais, He did exactly what he should have done. He kept his head down and drove a good race. He was able to avoid the mass carnage and keep Alonso behind him in a slower car. I always said Champ car was not as challenging as F1 and I still believe that to be true but he showed that even so to be the champ 4 times is not just luck. He has talent now what he needs to do is work on his quali and I bet he will quickly become a far bigger force to deal with. Now will Vettel still have the upper hand, I think so but at the end of the season I think it can be a lot closer

Heidfeld, Rosberg, Bourdais and Barrichello drove strong races imo but I couldn't look past Lewis.

What happened to Heikki at the start of the start of the start and Finish straight against Alonso?

That was wierd.

Alonso for driving the POS R28 to 4th place. Even TR was faster. Props to Bourdais. Hamy was flawless, but he was in a position where it was easy to be that way

I say Bourdais, He did exactly what he should have done. He kept his head down and drove a good race. He was able to avoid the mass carnage and keep Alonso behind him in a slower car. I always said Champ car was not as challenging as F1 and I still believe that to be true but he showed that even so to be the champ 4 times is not just luck. He has talent now what he needs to do is work on his quali and I bet he will quickly become a far bigger force to deal with. Now will Vettel still have the upper hand, I think so but at the end of the season I think it can be a lot closer

Yup, Bourdais gets my vote today. He drove a faultless debut race, showing his team that he can deliver. A shame about the engine failure, but good to see him bag a point in the end.

I'm also very impressed with Honda's performance. Three points for Rubens in his first race of the season after no points at all in 07 is a great start for the team.

I can't believe the amount of DNFs today! I'm so stunned I still don't know what to say about it...

Rubens has already had a better season than last year!

250 Races, on and he was still the most impressive Brazilian in the race!

What do you fellow posters think that Flavio Briatore will say Tomorrow about Piquet performace?

Kovalainen was 10 times more impressive than that 12 months ago.

Rubens has already had a better season than last year!

250 Races, on and he was still the most impressive Brazilian in the race!

What do you fellow posters think that Flavio Briatore will say Tomorrow about Piquet performace?

Kovalainen was 10 times more impressive than that 12 months ago.

Bourdais Good first effort in F1

Alonso. Got more points then the car is worth

Hamilton Flawless, but in the best equipment. The double edged sword of driving the best car.

Vettel was the star of Qualifying but Bourdais was the star in the race.

Rubenho it is for driving a dog of a car. A strong finish. Sad for Kimi,a mistake there cost him a finish in the pionts...hate Hamilton foe being so strong,he drove a stellar race ther...kudos to Alonso for such a strong raceI lifted the second Kingfisher Beer bottle when Kimi ran off trying to overtake Heikki on the inside...that sums up my afternoon....

I say Rosberg, nice to see him on the podium, but a pretty nice little podium for all 3, with no Ferrari in sight :) a very satisfying mornings watch, well worth getting up early for!

Bourdais Good first effort in F1

Alonso. Got more points then the car is worth

Hamilton Flawless, but in the best equipment. The double edged sword of driving the best car.

Good to see you back.

UMM...I think Ferrari had the best car..........

I agree.

McLaren is like the girl next door. Ferrari is like the slut. Both have virtues but you know which one will be best when you get to know it properly.

Lewis won. He was the driver of the day.

Nando.

Nando demonstrated his star quality, but also showed that his downfall is his pride. When interviewed after the race he said he could see the Mclaren pit clenching their fists when Kovy overtook him and did the same when he re-took the place back. It showed that the guy hasn't moved on and should really look forward rather than back.

A bit childish, but a great drive all the same.

You are seriously dribbling aren't you Dribbler...

Nando demonstrated his star quality, but also showed that his downfall is his pride. When interviewed after the race he said he could see the Mclaren pit clenching their fists when Kovy overtook him and did the same when he re-took the place back. It showed that the guy hasn't moved on and should really look forward rather than back.

A bit childish, but a great drive all the same.

I don't think so. There's nothing wrong with gleaning satisfaction from putting one over on your old team. As usual, he was lured into commenting on something ambiguously; "How did it feel to overtake the McLaren?"