Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Poll: Robert Kubica

Is he overrated   

65 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Yes, fast over one lap but no race pace
    • No, he will be the first Polish WDC
    • The jury is still out

I'll have what you are smoking. :rolleyes:

Too late, you already have. The first thing to go is common sense. Hamilton was so "great" last year because McLaren was so good. When pressed, he made mistake after mistake (have you seen today's race?) and my prediction is, that once people start actually watching what he does under pressure, his myth will fall.

Yes, Kubica makes mistakes, but he recovers and actually does well under pressure. That's why I like him.

Yes, Kubica makes mistakes, but he recovers and actually does well under pressure. That's why I like him.

I don't get all this superhuman Kubica thing. Yes, he is fast, yes he has future WDC potential. BUT he is young and depends what drives he lands and how he can hone his talent.

However, one thing that most champs share is that they from day one place whatever car they are in way ahead of where it should be. Remember Alonso in a Minardi? Don't see that yet with Kubica.

Still think it is early days for him - let's see how things go.

Meh, Kubi still made a mistake during the race today and as pointed out by commentators if he had done that in a close battle for the lead it would have been costly...all in all an excellent drive today from the guy, but he's not quite there yet.

Hamilton makes tons of mistakes, yet people consider him to be WDC material. No one performance is flawless.

Too late, you already have. The first thing to go is common sense. Hamilton was so "great" last year because McLaren was so good. When pressed, he made mistake after mistake (have you seen today's race?) and my prediction is, that once people start actually watching what he does under pressure, his myth will fall.

Piotr. You are a Liar! :P

You like him because he is from Poland! :P

Kubica is a wdc material. Given the right car and with a little more consistency, he could be a champ.

You can't say the same thing for Kubica in the BMW as you can for alonso in the minardi. Firstly, the BMW is the clear third, if not coming on to be the second best constructor in the field. Secondly, both drivers in the team are excellent. When Alonso was in the minardi, Tarso Marques wasn't a driver of equal calibre as alonso, it's easy to look at the difference. You could argue that Marques was significantely under-performing, not Alonso over performing, if the car had that much potential. But Heidfeld and Kubica are ringing the necks of those BMWs, it's not possible for them to go quicker than they are, and when there are only 2/4 other cars to beat, going "far ahead of their place" is not as easy as it is at the back of the field.

Kubica reminds me Alonso in 2003-04. He might win a race like him in Hungary 2003 and in a year or two he should fight for the WDC.

Hamilton is very good but it can be too hard when you start F1 in a McLaren and you have to win no matter what. More after what happened last year.

If I were Kubi I would try and stay at BMW and try and Build the team up around myself. Now the question is how are his political skills.

and as Kaiser said, there is no comparing Alonso in a Minardi to Kubi in the BMW

Hamilton makes tons of mistakes, yet people consider him to be WDC material. No one performance is flawless.

:clap3:

Like I said...

Kubica is a wdc material. Given the right car and with a little more consistency, he could be a champ.

:blush:

You can't say the same thing for Kubica in the BMW as you can for alonso in the minardi. Firstly, the BMW is the clear third, if not coming on to be the second best constructor in the field. Secondly, both drivers in the team are excellent. When Alonso was in the minardi, Tarso Marques wasn't a driver of equal calibre as alonso, it's easy to look at the difference. You could argue that Marques was significantely under-performing, not Alonso over performing, if the car had that much potential. But Heidfeld and Kubica are ringing the necks of those BMWs, it's not possible for them to go quicker than they are, and when there are only 2/4 other cars to beat, going "far ahead of their place" is not as easy as it is at the back of the field.

errrr.... what she said...

Minardi potential, Alonso underperforming, what are you smoking ?!

You suffer from a chronic and downright shocking lack of F1 knowledge.

Minardi were the laughing stock/worst on the grid.

It was the last team on the grid with no power steering, because they couldn't afford it (and I doubt they could afford to have TC).

It was the last team on the grid with no power steering, because they couldn't afford it (and I doubt they could afford to have TC).

Hardly laughing stock, in my view. Just because they lacked financial clout didn't mean they were any less passionate about their racing. In that area they could teach teams like Toyota a thing or two.

Minardi potential, Alonso underperforming, what are you smoking ?!

You suffer from a chronic and downright shocking lack of F1 knowledge.

No I f*****g don't, don't just make assertations like that, I'm not a f*****g idiot. What I'm saying IS is that it's very possible in ANY situation like that that the "normal" driver is Alonso, and Marques wasn't getting the most out of the car. You can't set a standard for normality when you have no middle ground. I never at ONE STAGE said Alonso was underperforming, I said Alonso could have been getting the "normal" "potential" out of the car, and Marques could have just been really very bad (which was true). However, because you can't define the normality, you could argue that Alonso was outperforming his car, which is probably the most likely case, and Marques was the "normality" (although I'm not sure about that!). The driver disparity between Alonso and Marques was significant and it's easy to assume that Alonso was outperforming his car, rather than doing what the "normal" driver could get out of the car.

I didn't mean potential as in race winning material, I only meant potential in the case of THAT very car. Christ, even if it were an F1 car against a kart, you can still get more potential from a kart if the driver sat in it is f*****g awful, even if they ARE resigned to loss.

True enough! (I can't be bothered/can't think of a good argument against that)

All I will say is that world champs generally don't make mistakes like that...even when under great pressure.

Anyway on the subject of flawless driving, might I say R.I.P to Jim Clark.

Before the Qualifying Fernando Alonso said that Kubica is the most exciting talent in current F1. Was he jumping the gun too?
Do you claim he has the same knowledge and insight offered to Fernando? Besides, I tend to ignore most of what comes out of Fernando's mouth.

Do you claim he has the same knowledge and insight offered to Fernando? Besides, I tend to ignore most of what comes out of Fernando's mouth.

I ignore when he whines the rest i consider him a good source for stuff not relating to him in any way...

my Vote : he will be the first Polish WDC ....

why??

He have a bad luck at 1st GP in this year he loost his chance to take a podium

i think 3rd place after this he should be 1st now at a WDC...

now he have a good car F1.08, new team manager have a good luck on this year and ect ect ect

so all is for his side to be the first WDC.

now we have to w8 for Barcelona GP

They made (BMW) a new aero staff they want to add this on Barcelona so wll see maybe this give them more speed and more chances to fight with Ferrari bc now they are beter on the corners not on the straight.

On last race Quick Nick been 8 at the standigs with hight speed on race!

Several drivers stated since last year that Kubi, not Hamilton, is the driver to watch in the next few years. Pundits only now begin to talk about Kubica (why the "experts" ignored people in the know-drivers- is a mystery to me). My feeling is that even after Kubi wins a WDC, he will be mentioned only as a second tier driver. Why, I don't know.

Now, now. If Kubica makes it through Kimi and Alonso to take a WC, heck, he will be talked about, you can bet your arse.

Of course, Alonso is parked right now so it might be Kubica's chance with only one driver to beat....

My feeling is that even after Kubi wins a WDC, he will be mentioned only as a second tier driver. Why, I don't know.

No way, in my opinion in 2007 RK was second driver (he testing all what BMW made) but not now when hes a "better" then Nick.

Twice on the podium, three times he have very good Qualificiation, hard work on free testing days, very good car (wll be better :) )

new manager who have better skill on F1 and finaly RK have more "PoweR" to win.

BMW SAUBER have a two very good drivers.

They know that and they have open way to win in this year doesnt meter who just win for the TEAM give them more POWER to next year. :)

:D Idd :D TruE :D

But he have a good car now ( that car wll better on Barcelona) :)

i hope he win this year B)

my Vote : he will be the first Polish WDC ....

why??

He have a bad luck at 1st GP in this year he loost his chance to take a podium

i think 3rd place after this he should be 1st now at a WDC...

It takes more than three third place finishes to mark the potential of a champion I'm afraid.
now he have a good car F1.08, new team manager have a good luck on this year and ect ect ect

so all is for his side to be the first WDC.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Isn't the BMW head still Doctor Mario as it has always been?
now we have to w8 for Barcelona GP

They made (BMW) a new aero staff they want to add this on Barcelona so wll see maybe this give them more speed and more chances to fight with Ferrari bc now they are beter on the corners not on the straight.

Erm... it's a little more complicated than that.
On last race Quick Nick been 8 at the standigs with hight speed on race!
Hate to point this out by everyone has new aero parts they want to try for Barcelona. It's the ultimate F1 testing track in terms of miles turned on it so they know it well and we're coming off of the back of three quick flyaway races for a more local event and a three week gap. Things could change but BMW still have several tenths a lap to make up to trouble Ferrari and that's discounting the possibility Ferrari could pull even further ahead or Mclaren could move away from them again.

[quote name='Elizabeth Sterling' post='247080' date='Apr 8 2008, 08:31 PM']It takes more than three third place finishes to mark the potential of a champion I'm afraid.
[b]I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Isn't the BMW head still Doctor Mario as it has always been?
[/b]
Hate to point this out by [i]everyone [/i]has new aero parts they want to try for Barcelona. It's the ultimate F1 testing track in terms of miles turned on it so they know it well and we're coming off of the back of three quick flyaway races for a more local event and a three week gap. Things could change but BMW still have several tenths a lap to make up to trouble Ferrari and that's discounting the possibility Ferrari could pull [i]even further[/i] ahead or Mclaren could move away from them again.[/quote]

He means new Chief Engineer. I attribute the Pole Position ( or is it the Pole's pole position?) mostly to him.

OK, now I want BMW to do really well just to stick it to Dennis. What a blowhard!

It takes more than three third place finishes to mark the potential of a champion I'm afraid.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Isn't the BMW head still Doctor Mario as it has always been?

Hate to point this out by everyone has new aero parts they want to try for Barcelona. It's the ultimate F1 testing track in terms of miles turned on it so they know it well and we're coming off of the back of three quick flyaway races for a more local event and a three week gap. Things could change but BMW still have several tenths a lap to make up to trouble Ferrari and that's discounting the possibility Ferrari could pull even further ahead or Mclaren could move away from them again.

Yes its true but Robert have potential he always have even when he started in carting.

I know we have only three races but as we know nobody* expected they wll be 1st on WCC i know after 3 races :) ,

*I mean we who can only watched and thinkig and talking about F1 but

I'm sure BMW Sauber they knew what they do with this car exacly they only dont know what car (modification) rest of F1 Teams made and now when were w8 for Barcelona they know more then we so when Mario says "were preper our car to WIN on BARCELONA" so it must be true :)

I remmber what drivers like Alonso or Massa says after winter drive test :

"BMW Sauber dont show their potential they testing with full fauel on board they are faster ..."

and we have BMW Sauber on 1st poll :)

My bad i mean Robert have new Antonio Cuquerella.

I know everybody have but no one only BMW have Albert :)

So now i think u see my point :)

I belive in my feelings and i hope they win on BARCELONA ...ohh Im SurE !!! :)

kiss

ps.

thx Piotr for explain :)

Yes its true but Robert have potential he always have even when he started in carting.

I know we have only three races but as we know nobody* expected they wll be 1st on WCC i know after 3 races :) ,

I'm sure BMW Sauber they knew what they do with this car exacly they only dont know what car (modification) rest of F1 Teams made and now when were w8 for Barcelona they know more then we so when Mario says "were preper our car to WIN on BARCELONA" so it must be true :)

"BMW Sauber dont show their potential they testing with full fauel on board they are faster ..."

kiss

ps.

Problema ne ma! czyli, postaram sie wyklarowac jak tylko bede mogl (sorry, but I'm starting Polish Club - the only requirement for members will be Kubica fandom. I'll translate. if necessary...) :king:

kiss

ps.

Also, I think I know what you mean. Mario seemed to began the season playing little mind games with Ferrari/McLaren folks. But, he has one weakness - he habitually downplay BMW's real potential. What GLOwaBMWFan means is that if Mario says they have a strong package for Barcelona, he is doing the opposite of Ron Dennis. It's really rare for Mario to promise something he trully believes BMW cannot deliver. On the flip side, such announcements put a lot of pressure on his drivers... :huh: