Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Poll: Robert Kubica

Is he overrated   

65 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Yes, fast over one lap but no race pace
    • No, he will be the first Polish WDC
    • The jury is still out

He is a worthy addition to the grid, and that's the best you can say for a driver. And he's a lot more fun to watch than Nick, even if Nick gets the points while Bob does the crash testing.

Precisely^^

Kubica is also "more visible" in some way (good way).

I know Piotr loves this guy, but I'm not sure he has what it takes to excel in F1. I think he is fast, like Piquet is fast, I just don't think he is race savvy or is able to sustain the level of concentration needed to perform at the highest level.

I think it's only a matter of time before Seb is recalled to the BMW team to take his place.

B)

I said the jury's still out but Kubica is miles above NPJr. Vettel might well be even better though, as you say.

Nick Heidfeld is never given credit for thrashing him over a full season, instead excuses are given about poor strategy and bad luck. Why dont ppl give Nick the credit he is due? He owned Kimi but was overlooked for the Mclaren drive and now he has owned Kubi but still doesn't get the credit.

I think people here do rate Nick highly, but imho there were extenuating circumstances in the seasons you mention. Kubica and Kimi were less experienced at the time.

I'm learning a lot from you. Also, I contribute with 1 euro to the cause :)

:lol: Poor Kubica.

Tough call!! I rate the guy I really do, but I don't know if he is outright champion material like a Kimi or a Fernando or Lewis for that matter, time will answer that.

He has pure speed but lacks the experience, like Mike said in an earlier post is spot on. The one thing he has on his side is time, you can gain experience, but it's a hell of alot harder to gain speed. So given time to develop Robert is one of the awesome young guys we can expect to have the goods to mount a Championship battle sometime in the future. Watch this space.

hahahahahaaha since when your imagination is a fact? sorry if im down to earth enough to understand drivers can and may have (hi, can i give u murphy's theory?) problems during race, and that's just not bcause all world is conspiring against you because you're polish.

I started typing something about how cute + arogant = arogant, but I realized that I am older than you, therefore I am wiser and, personal attacks notwithstanding, this argument is pointless. Your opinion is just that, an opinion, and the fundamental problem with F1 is that the driver represents only about 20% of the race performance. The answer to the question of who is a better driver must be, therefore, subjective. The fact that you disregard and disrespect my opinion purely on basis of your own opinion shows lack of maturity. The fact that you cherry-pick facts to suit your opinion points to arrogance and ignorance. That's OK, wisdom comes with age (and is not predicated on looks, either).

Rest assured, that if Nick runs into bad luck I will NOT use that to prove that he is a worse driver than Kubica, or anyone else.

That's OK, wisdom comes with age (and is not predicated on looks, either).

Good. Or else Bob is screwed royal.

Nick already had seven years of bad luck. Nothing I'm not used to :)

I personally really like Kubica as a driver, over Nick (who I have loved and adored for many moons! Ok, since like 2001, cos well, Prost were crap in 2000, maybe crap is an understatement...). Kubica is not only quick, but he's ALWAYS testing the limits of his car and of his potential, he's a VERY exciting driver to watch. He definately has the potential, whether he will ever get the car though to do it is a different matter. But as long as he keeps trying, who knows!

Good. Or else Bob is screwed royal.

:clap3:

But that's not how some hot female fans of his think...

Nick already had seven years of bad luck. Nothing I'm not used to :)

No, Nick had 7 years of boring, lackluster F1 job that he was dutifully performing. Now, thanks to a really good car and his experience, it's paying off. Remember, that the only reason his performance improved was because he was outdriven by a rookie in 2006. He is very skilled, but not brilliant.

Kubica has talent, but lacks patience and experience. Nick will never be Senna, although he will be remember as a very good driver. Kubica has Senna's potential. I'm still not sure about Vettel. I think he falls somewhere in between the two of them.

Kubica is one of the drivers that could win the championship provided his car is good enough. The other three are Raikkonen, Hamilton and Alonso in no particular order. But for me the jury is still out, for him and for every single driver. Things could change quickly and a good driver could disappear from the top in a couple of years. So the jury is out for him, for Alonso, for Hamilton, for Raikkonen... I think Heidfeld is very good, he's very hard to beat and he is usually error free. If he were on top of Kubica at the end of the season it would be extra credit for him.

No, Nick had 7 years of boring, lackluster F1 job that he was dutifully performing. Now, thanks to a really good car and his experience, it's paying off. Remember, that the only reason his performance improved was because he was outdriven by a rookie in 2006. He is very skilled, but not brilliant.

Kubica has talent, but lacks patience and experience. Nick will never be Senna, although he will be remember as a very good driver. Kubica has Senna's potential. I'm still not sure about Vettel. I think he falls somewhere in between the two of them.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

have u ever really seen Senna driving?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha it's yr most pathetical post in a long while!

Congrats!

Nick will NEVER be Senna, neither Vettel and NEVER NEVER NEVER KubeeTZa will be him.

Now, Nick had 7 years of bad luck, when he didn't have a proper car AND your big-nosed baby just came to teammate him when he was already in a good team. I'd like to see him driving a Prost in 2000 without TC. Nick outpaced all his teammates and you DO know that, and since 2005 he's been showing his real potential, when he got 3 podiums with Williams, then on 2006 on BMW's first season, which was basically a Sauber improvement, he got another one just like your loved KubeeTZA, and now for the real BMW Sauber three more. Just not to mention his podium in 2001.

You know what's impressive? The behaviour of his fans (not all of than but unfortunately the major part) and press in Poland. Because I came to find out you're not the only alienated KubeeeTZa fan on earth, after reading all the bullsh**t they publish on your papers and that goes right to your brain due to the lack of selective reading you've got. Just last year we've got some sick polishes posting sh*t on Nick's official website, and when I thought it was a kids joke, now we have Nick fans being banned from polish forums, and regular offenses. It's totally sick how you cannot focus on how good your driver is instead of trying to put the other down to make yours look a lil bit more talented. Talk about the moments KubeeTZa does do a great job, instead of talking 'how did BMW favoured Nick instead of him', or 'how the world press talks bad about him'. It will probably make you sound more down to earth, rather than a fanatic.

oh god, I hate all this Kubica vs Heidfeld s##t, can't people just accept that they're both f*****g fantastic drivers?!

And anyway, I was talking to one of my polish friends, and he was telling me about how everyone's jumped on the F1 bandwagon in Poland just because of Kubica, kinda like Hamilton here - it makes me sick when people do that. Of course the Polish press are gonna hate on Nick, just like the English press hated on Alonso.

But. WHO GIVES A S**T?!

And anyway, I was talking to one of my polish friends, and he was telling me about how everyone's jumped on the F1 bandwagon in Poland just because of Kubica, kinda like Hamilton here - it makes me sick when people do that. Of course the Polish press are gonna hate on Nick, just like the English press hated on Alonso.

But. WHO GIVES A S**T?!

Exactly - up to 2005 F1 in poland had about 250 000 regular viewers or maybe less and was aired on second league TV channel.

Since Monza 2006 number of viewers increased over 20 times and swithed to prime TV. Suddenly everybody are experts and big fans, but that is common practice in poland.

I don't think that Katy H's opinion about RK is fair though. She seems to be NH grouppie :D (or whatever they're called)

Kubica is one of the drivers that could win the championship provided his car is good enough. The other three are Raikkonen, Hamilton and Alonso in no particular order.

I would take Robert out of that list and put Button in. And Rosberg. Robert has no form.

Yep, Bruno is quick :lol:

No, I rate both of them, but neither are close to Ayrton.

Kubica is one of the drivers that could win the championship provided his car is good enough. The other three are Raikkonen, Hamilton and Alonso in no particular order. But for me the jury is still out, for him and for every single driver. Things could change quickly and a good driver could disappear from the top in a couple of years. So the jury is out for him, for Alonso, for Hamilton, for Raikkonen... I think Heidfeld is very good, he's very hard to beat and he is usually error free. If he were on top of Kubica at the end of the season it would be extra credit for him.

As Steve said, plus Rosberg, and probably if not certainly Jenson.

oh god, I hate all this Kubica vs Heidfeld s##t, can't people just accept that they're both f*****g fantastic drivers?!

Same here, and they are.

I'm sorry Piotr you are wrong in your assessment of Nick - This guy has been fast going to back to F3 when he was a Mclaren protege in the mould of Lewis Hamilton - He is was also quick in the equivalent of GP2 (F3000 I think) and has always demonstrated above average speed. The truth is the guy is often overlooked. He beat Kimi at Sauber, but was overlooked for a Mclaren drive - You are right that he has had to ply his trade in lesser machinery and but for the shoot out at Williams would probably have been excluded from F1.

Nick has outperformed;

Kimi

Webber

Kubica

But still doesn't get the respect he rightly deserves. Kubica will never beat Nick over a full F1 season but Vettel might just stretch him

;)

Exactly - up to 2005 F1 in poland had about 250 000 regular viewers or maybe less and was aired on second league TV channel.

Since Monza 2006 number of viewers increased over 20 times and swithed to prime TV. Suddenly everybody are experts and big fans, but that is common practice in poland.

I don't think that Katy H's opinion about RK is fair though. She seems to be NH grouppie :D (or whatever they're called)

i do not like the 'groupie' word. first because it makes seem i just support nick because he's cute and second because i know some 'groupies' and they do not know a sh*t about f1, just their fave drivers 'profile'.

but i'll consider u tried to call me 'biased'. well, if i am my oppinion on kubeetza is as valid as piotr's on nick, so i'll keep on debating w him.

Nick is the most underestimate driver in F1.He really had very difficult times in F1...but this is the new age for him. His in the top team and now he can show his tallent.

Groupie is definitely the wrong word here...

Groupie is a girl that don't really care how good the driver is and keeps saying he is the best, even if they don't even really watch the races... Just because she thinks he is cute or whatever... I know some of these ones out there, like some Liuzzi fans... And Katy is not one of those...

If you can say that she's a Nick groupie... That other guy is a Robert groupie as well...

About Nick and Robert... Nick is more consistent and constantly deliver what Mario expects from him, he is one driver everyone wants in the team. Kubica is a showman, even if he doesn't bring home the same results Nick does, he is the other kind of driver every team boss wants...

They're both excellent drivers, and the fact that Nick outpaced Robert just counts many points for him. The same thing will happen if Kubica really fights back this year.

Kubica and Heidfeld are, except in the fact they're excellent drivers, very opposite in their driving. I love to see Nick defending and I love to see it when he is pushing his hardest - yet not making mistakes (often!). As for Kubica, I love to see him attacking and I love to see it whe he is pushing so hard that he couldn't possibly go any faster, mistakes sometimes result, but it's amazing to see a driver so on the limit.

For me, you really can't compare the two. They compliment each other in a way which is unlike many of the team mates in F1.

So stop all your fighting, sit back and enjoy watching some amazing driving! I hope to hell Kubica is at Silverstone testing this year!