Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Poll: Robert Kubica

Is he overrated   

65 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Yes, fast over one lap but no race pace
    • No, he will be the first Polish WDC
    • The jury is still out

i do not like the 'groupie' word. first because it makes seem i just support nick because he's cute and second because i know some 'groupies' and they do not know a sh*t about f1, just their fave drivers 'profile'.

but i'll consider u tried to call me 'biased'. well, if i am my oppinion on kubeetza is as valid as piotr's on nick, so i'll keep on debating w him.

yeap, sorry - I didn't know exact definition of that word :)

Piotr is biased as well so you two can keep on debating forever :D

It's a natural thing to like some drivers better than others - I personally like Kimi for his driving style which is very hard and effective and also Coulthard (but I really don't know why :D )

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

have u ever really seen Senna driving?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha it's yr most pathetical post in a long while!

Congrats!

Nick will NEVER be Senna, neither Vettel and NEVER NEVER NEVER KubeeTZa will be him.

Now, Nick had 7 years of bad luck, when he didn't have a proper car AND your big-nosed baby just came to teammate him when he was already in a good team. I'd like to see him driving a Prost in 2000 without TC. Nick outpaced all his teammates and you DO know that, and since 2005 he's been showing his real potential, when he got 3 podiums with Williams, then on 2006 on BMW's first season, which was basically a Sauber improvement, he got another one just like your loved KubeeTZA, and now for the real BMW Sauber three more. Just not to mention his podium in 2001.

You know what's impressive? The behaviour of his fans (not all of than but unfortunately the major part) and press in Poland. Because I came to find out you're not the only alienated KubeeeTZa fan on earth, after reading all the bullsh**t they publish on your papers and that goes right to your brain due to the lack of selective reading you've got. Just last year we've got some sick polishes posting sh*t on Nick's official website, and when I thought it was a kids joke, now we have Nick fans being banned from polish forums, and regular offenses. It's totally sick how you cannot focus on how good your driver is instead of trying to put the other down to make yours look a lil bit more talented. Talk about the moments KubeeTZa does do a great job, instead of talking 'how did BMW favoured Nick instead of him', or 'how the world press talks bad about him'. It will probably make you sound more down to earth, rather than a fanatic.

Now change "Kubica" to "Nick" and vice versa, and your post will fit in the nastiest Polish blogs.

Kubica and Heidfeld are, except in the fact they're excellent drivers, very opposite in their driving. I love to see Nick defending and I love to see it when he is pushing his hardest - yet not making mistakes (often!). As for Kubica, I love to see him attacking and I love to see it whe he is pushing so hard that he couldn't possibly go any faster, mistakes sometimes result, but it's amazing to see a driver so on the limit.

For me, you really can't compare the two. They compliment each other in a way which is unlike many of the team mates in F1.

So stop all your fighting, sit back and enjoy watching some amazing driving! I hope to hell Kubica is at Silverstone testing this year!

I have been saying that exact thing for a year now and get shot down by the likes of Katy every time I say it.

Groupie is definitely the wrong word here...

Groupie is a girl that don't really care how good the driver is and keeps saying he is the best, even if they don't even really watch the races... Just because she thinks he is cute or whatever... I know some of these ones out there, like some Liuzzi fans... And Katy is not one of those...

If you can say that she's a Nick groupie... That other guy is a Robert groupie as well...

About Nick and Robert... Nick is more consistent and constantly deliver what Mario expects from him, he is one driver everyone wants in the team. Kubica is a showman, even if he doesn't bring home the same results Nick does, he is the other kind of driver every team boss wants...

They're both excellent drivers, and the fact that Nick outpaced Robert just counts many points for him. The same thing will happen if Kubica really fights back this year.

If Katy is not Nick's "groupie" than she is definitely Kubica's "anti-groupie." She will pull any dirty trick in a female repertoire to stick it to Robert, rightly or not. She will find negatives to his most brilliant performances, and excuse any poor showing by Nick. To me that screams "groupie." Sorry. The fact she is starting the same thing with Vettel tells me she has a"thing" for the Germans. Maybe she is a "Germans' groupie"? What about Rosberg and Glock? This means she does not like the Polish people, which would explain many of her posts...

(warning - check out the meaning of "tongue-in-cheek," "sarcasm", and "irony" before posting a reply).

Exactly - up to 2005 F1 in poland had about 250 000 regular viewers or maybe less and was aired on second league TV channel.

Since Monza 2006 number of viewers increased over 20 times and swithed to prime TV. Suddenly everybody are experts and big fans, but that is common practice in poland.

I don't think that Katy H's opinion about RK is fair though. She seems to be NH grouppie :D (or whatever they're called)

Up to 2005 since when? the Names of Andretti and Lauda were household names in Poland in the 70's. The popularity of any sport went down in Poland after 1990, and now is on the increase (what about the alpine skiing or the ski jumping - after Malysz???). Any motor sport like World Rally or F1 were very popular in Poland in the 70's and early 80's. Hey, look at soccer. After the 1988 World Cup - how many people in Poland watched the next Cup? So your argument is similar to that on Global Warming, if you compare todays temps to those from the 1890's (Little Ice Age). Yup, they increased alright, but they decreased since around times of Christ. The same with F1 - Popular 1970's and 1980's, not so much in the 90's, and now popular again. Your comparison is not fair. But even it's true - what's your point?

If Katy is not Nick's "groupie" than she is definitely Kubica's "anti-groupie." She will pull any dirty trick in a female repertoire to stick it to Robert, rightly or not. She will find negatives to his most brilliant performances, and excuse any poor showing by Nick. To me that screams "groupie." Sorry. The fact she is starting the same thing with Vettel tells me she has a"thing" for the Germans. Maybe she is a "Germans' groupie"? What about Rosberg and Glock? This means she does not like the Polish people, which would explain many of her posts...

(warning - check out the meaning of "tongue-in-cheek," "sarcasm", and "irony" before posting a reply).

I just think that "groupie" is a heavy word for a girl who likes F1... Anyway...

I've seen you attacking Heidfeld doing exactly what you say she shouldn't do with Robert. Defending him when he is outperformed by Nick, which is OK, but never givin' Heidfeld any credit for doing it. Just sayin' it was "bad luck".

I see that Robert kind of helps his fans to face thinks this way, he is always with something to say, and not exactly good things, about BMW. He is lucky to be really fast, or he wouldn't have a job anymore.

I'm a Heidfeld fan and I'm really proud of him beating Kubica, who is a really, really fast driver. And I hope things stay in this way. Don't know if Robert is a World Champion material, but he for sure has the potencial. About Nick, I'm afraid of he getting a car fast enough to fight for a Champion too late, or never getting it at all...

Sweet and sour? :)

You may be on to something. I have a vision of a man stood serving at a cart by a roadside. Hundreds of people are forming an orderly queue. The sign on the cart reads; 'Meanies Sweet n' sour pop corn'.

Don't thank me, just send my cut to the ususal address...

he's no world champion but is a good driver.he had a brilliant qualifying but that mistake on the exit of the quick chicane cost him pole.he showed last year that he is a good driver and i'm sure he'll show it again

Up to 2005 since when? the Names of Andretti and Lauda were household names in Poland in the 70's. The popularity of any sport went down in Poland after 1990, and now is on the increase (what about the alpine skiing or the ski jumping - after Malysz???). Any motor sport like World Rally or F1 were very popular in Poland in the 70's and early 80's. Hey, look at soccer. After the 1988 World Cup - how many people in Poland watched the next Cup? So your argument is similar to that on Global Warming, if you compare todays temps to those from the 1890's (Little Ice Age). Yup, they increased alright, but they decreased since around times of Christ. The same with F1 - Popular 1970's and 1980's, not so much in the 90's, and now popular again. Your comparison is not fair. But even it's true - what's your point?

up to 2005 since they started airing F1 on polish tv - it started around 2001 or 2 - at least on this private channel.

I really don't remember if F1 was aired in mid 90's and can't remember what was it like (and I'm glad about that) in 70's and 80's cause I'm 23. I know though that neither Lauda or Andretii or any F1 driver was as popular as Kubica in poland. Alpine skiing?

Ski jumping yes, but it was much more popular before Malysz than F1 before Kubica. I don't like soccer so I don't know about that one.

My point was (like somebody posted before) that before Kubica's entry to F1 nobody knew who he was and very few people were interested in F1. I didn't have one conversation about F1 up to 2005 and now it's common topic and suddenly everybody are big time fans and experts. After every single one race like that when something goes wrong it's the same story - german conspiration to make Heidfeld look better blablabla. Now it's becoming just another thing to whine about...and that's really a shame.

Besides no one of those big time fans really cares - I remember watching GP canada last year in the pub and after RK crash most of the comments were something like "o kurwa ale przypierdolił " :D - and that kinda says it all...

Poles should be proud of Mariusz Pudzianowski, he's definately someone worthy of national support/godlike status!

Poles should be proud of Mariusz Pudzianowski, he's definately someone worthy of national support/godlike status!

maybe we should but it is not to be :}

we're kinda makin' fun of him instead...

awwww but he's awesome!!! That's mean :(

well he kinda made a clown of himself in the first place - when he assured on TV that he hasn't been taking steroids :}

up to 2005 since they started airing F1 on polish tv - it started around 2001 or 2 - at least on this private channel.

I really don't remember if F1 was aired in mid 90's and can't remember what was it like (and I'm glad about that) in 70's and 80's cause I'm 23. I know though that neither Lauda or Andretii or any F1 driver was as popular as Kubica in poland. Alpine skiing?

Ski jumping yes, but it was much more popular before Malysz than F1 before Kubica. I don't like soccer so I don't know about that one.

My point was (like somebody posted before) that before Kubica's entry to F1 nobody knew who he was and very few people were interested in F1. I didn't have one conversation about F1 up to 2005 and now it's common topic and suddenly everybody are big time fans and experts. After every single one race like that when something goes wrong it's the same story - german conspiration to make Heidfeld look better blablabla. Now it's becoming just another thing to whine about...and that's really a shame.

Besides no one of those big time fans really cares - I remember watching GP canada last year in the pub and after RK crash most of the comments were something like "o kurwa ale przypierdolił " :D - and that kinda says it all...

Well Poland's not the only one. A certain other country showed little real interest in F1 until a certain driver did a few certain things too. Seems par for the course.

I take it back, this guy has what it takes....

maybe

:P

Well with a beak like he's got, he's never going to get the girls, so he had to be good at something to get them. :P

Well with a beak like he's got, he's never going to get the girls, so he had to be good at something to get them. :P

Don't be so sure. You know what they say about a man with a big nose...........

Well Poland's not the only one. A certain other country showed little real interest in F1 until a certain driver did a few certain things too. Seems par for the course.

Well, we didn't even have cars a few years ago, you know. That's why ciclying and bikes are so popular around here. We had to stop throwing goats from the top of a church bell tower, what else we could do...

Well, we didn't even have cars a few years ago, you know. That's why ciclying and bikes are so popular around here. We had to stop throwing goats from the top of a church bell tower, what else we could do...

You had Carlos Sainz

Oh, that was rallying - not the same really

Don't be so sure. You know what they say about a man with a big nose...........

They get big boogers?

I was meaning Germany and Michael Schumacher...sheesh...some people so quick to point fingers :P

You had Carlos Sainz

Oh, that was rallying - not the same really

I remember a few very good temas like Lancia, Toyota, Ford, Subaru... It is not quite the same now.

Yeah, Sainz raced for a bunch of cheats called Toyota... :P

Yes the WRC has certainly dropped away from it's glory days of the late 90's and early 2000's...too many manufacturers have dropped out.

I was meaning Germany and Michael Schumacher...sheesh...some people so quick to point fingers :P

Yeah, yeah :rolleyes:

At least he gave them time to become experts if they wanted to.