Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Formula One Returns To The Bbc

David Coulthard could still be a fixture of the formula one paddocks next year, even if he is no longer on the grid. The Scot, who is the oldest active driver in F1, is adamant that his racing days are not nearing an end, even after thirteen years and 13 grand prix wins. "Something you are passionate about, something you enjoy, you don't give yourself a timeline," he said in Australia a week ago.

But according to whispers in the Sepang paddock, should Coulthard not be retained by Red Bull for a fifth consecutive season in 2009, he is being lined up as a F1 commentator for British TV. Amid the news that the BBC has won the rights to take over from rival channel ITV as Britain's host broadcaster, it is rumoured that 36-year-old Coulthard is high on the list to become a Martin Brundle-style 'colour' commentator.

Elsewhere, Brundle's fans have been organising online petitions in the hope that the former Williams and McLaren driver makes the switch with Britain's change of F1 broadcaster. It is suggested that Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond is in pole position to front the BBC's F1 coverage from next March.

................................................................................

Why not DC and Martin?

both are close mates, both have in debth f1 History, and both would be colourful when one driver overtakes another.

I can see hamster and his voice just isn't suited for F1 commentary, I'm sorry.

Then who will drive the Red Bull?

Vettel?

or Massa?

Well, if the italian rumours are correct, Vettel is heading to 4RE, so a swap into a seat Vettel never sat in, but was penciled into, perhaps, for Massa?

A little off-topic,but I think it's not worth a thread...

It's a question for the Spaniards:

Does anyone of you know if it's true that they're moving F1 from Tele5 to La Sexta?If so,when?Would they change the commentators?

It's true. Lookie: http://www.online.com.es/2348/television/l...n-la-formula-1/

I guess they will change comentators but I doubt it will get any better. Probably even worse if they try hard. I pity us -_-

I hope they get someone with an extreme Southeastern US accent. Just to p**s everyone off.

Hello and you are all welcome.

what happens if someone nukes someone in between? will the race coverage be stopped? :D

:lol:

Seriously, NASCAR races were interrupted a lot back when they were on friggin' NBC.

Well, if the italian rumours are correct, Vettel is heading to 4RE, so a swap into a seat Vettel never sat in, but was penciled into, perhaps, for Massa?

ok, DC for commentary alongside Martin Brundle.

Ferrari Kimi and Alonso

Renault the Brazilian dream Team of Massa and Piquet Sr

Red bull Webber alongside Vettel

Toro Rosso Bourdais alongside Liuzzi? Bearing in mind that Toino left the team on good terms so y not return when the seat is empty?

His wasting his time at Force India and he knows it.

and FI with the talents of Giancarlo Fisichella alongside Monobrow?

That all works somehow.

aarrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've already started the silly season...

:lol:

Seriously, NASCAR races were interrupted a lot back when they were on friggin' NBC.

That is really pathetic! :D .Then we are going to see Clarkson interrupt the F1 coverage in between and say he has the mms video scandal of Bernie and Andres? :D

ok, DC for commentary alongside Martin Brundle.

Ferrari Kimi and Alonso

Renault the Brazilian dream Team of Massa and Piquet Sr

Red bull Webber alongside Vettel

Toro Rosso Bourdais alongside Liuzzi? Bearing in mind that Toino left the team on good terms so y not return when the seat is empty?

His wasting his time at Force India and he knows it.

and FI with the talents of Giancarlo Fisichella alongside Monobrow?

That all works somehow.

aarrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've already started the silly season...

Come now, Piquet Snr would walk all over everyone...and that's just unfair :P

Come now, Piquet Snr would walk all over everyone...and that's just unfair :P

More unfair would be JPM walking all over everyone. The hospital's wouldn't cope.

More unfair would be JPM walking all over everyone. The hospital's wouldn't cope.

Indeed, never a truer a statement spoken on these forums. I miss taking the p**s out of Juan 'ate all the pies' Montoya!

Where is this online petition for BBC to retain Brundle? I must sign it!

Davidson was good at commentary, as was button when he sat out when honda (or were they BAR then? Doesn't matter anyway) - but they're kinda both racing now. DC and brundle would be good though, but he's kinda racing too!

Davidson was good at commentary, as was button when he sat out when honda (or were they BAR then? Doesn't matter anyway) - but they're kinda both racing now. DC and brundle would be good though, but he's kinda racing too!

Oh..is that what they're doing?!?!?!??!???!?!?!

If there's onen thing that can make the racing even more boring it's putting that little ginger nut in the box. Davidson look like he should be in shorts and carryng his sandwiches to school in a tupperware box.

BITCH!

Jenson is not poo!

Yeah your right, his s##t! :P

Davidson was a self praiser after his stint in the commentary box.

Both he and James allen had the voice off orgasm of who can claim to have loved Jenson more...

Now they couldn't care less about Button now as his stuck in the mid field...

Nah DC and Brundle.

But who will fill in for Martin for the Hungarian Grand Prix? Martin has missed the last 5 and im just wondering who will be our pest at Budapest? Mark Blundell? Then well have two commentators who talk gargle and argue rabble rabble rabble...

Kimi will commentate at Hungary, while driving. He's that good. He may mumble a little, but it's the thought that counts.

Kimi will commentate at Hungary, while driving. He's that good. He may mumble a little, but it's the thought that counts.

He can talk without mumbling?!

Let's wait and see.

I come from the old school, disappointed when F1 was shunted in favour of the 2.30 at Kempton Park and much prefer ITV's coverage with all the build up they provide.

However, I've nothing against the BBC doing it provided they keep things to the same standard and keep some of the faces.

PS: How does Britain track license fees? I have on my desk a $25 TV card. Are they harder to get in Britain?

Are you asking if TV cards are harder to obtain, or if they are harder to track?