Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Malaysia Practise

WTH is wrong with Renault ?!

Last race it was a differential, now a broken gearbox.

They don't have neither pace nor reliability , scary ...

But they can deploy safety cars whenever they want so they can catch up to everyone else again :P

DC crash...watch it before it gets pulled by bernie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVM1xsiI4tM

Vettel doing a lap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwSEX-a4a4

and I'd like to add a comment about the huge crowd gathered to watch Friday practice....oh yes...that's being utterly sarcastic...good 'ol bernie...ditch a GP that people turn up to watch (Aus) for one in a country where no one attends (Asia / Middle East). Proof positive that Bernie would be quite happy to run his circus behind closed doors and the only seat you can get is the one in your lounge.

Toyota PR drivel aka Race Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAotLvrHKJc...feature=related

Allianz Preview (3d graphics lap)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYGuSHP5Ods

Sidepod cast preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpv9b04Jy8I...feature=related

(we should all email her and tell her to cut her fringe!!) :P

I'm just kidding ;) I don't think Macca sabotaged the Ferraris.

Last year you said you didn't think Macca had spyed Ferrari... ^_^

Last year you said you didn't think Macca had spyed Ferrari... ^_^

If I said that I was right. Macca didn't spy on Ferrari. But an employee got his hands on a stolen piece of info and they used it.

Broken gearbox for Kubica, no problems for Heidfeld. Can anyone run a statistical analysis to see what is a probability of all the mechanical problems occuring to only one Sauber?

If BMW was to use a lottery system assigning cars for the weekend, would that change Kubica's luck?

Anyway (sorry for yet another Kubica rant) what is a penalty for the gearbox change before the mandatory 4 races?

Broken gearbox for Kubica, no problems for Heidfeld. Can anyone run a statistical analysis to see what is a probability of all the mechanical problems occuring to only one Sauber?

If BMW was to use a lottery system assigning cars for the weekend, would that change Kubica's luck?

Anyway (sorry for yet another Kubica rant) what is a penalty for the gearbox change before the mandatory 4 races?

Ask Rubinho. He had all the issues Schumi's Ferrari never had.

I don't think the team purposedly does that to a driver, but I don't think it is all just a case of bad luck. No idea why it happens, though. A real shame.

Edit: Five places is the penalty.

Ask Rubinho. He had all the issues Schumi's Ferrari never had.

I don't think the team purposedly does that to a driver, but I don't think it is all just a case of bad luck. No idea why it happens, though. A real shame.

Edit: Five places is the penalty.

I think I agree. It may be that the drivers' "teams" (i.e. the mechanics and chief engineer) are not equal. We know, that Kubica's CE was a rookie last year, and he has a new one this year. May be some teething problems, too.

Damn, that penalty is going to kill his race...

"Sorry, rights restrictions prevent us from displaying this video content to users outside the UK"

-_-

Dunno about Renault, they did better in the first practice, but no one to comment on Button's result? Or Vettel? Or Trulli, now that we're at it xD

I read that someone said that it probably isn't Vettel's real pace, but I'd rather have those teams have a good weekend and add fun to things. And after the start in Australia these guys deserve their time.

You are being paranoid mate - There is no vested interest in sabotaging one car over the other when WCC points are at stake. It's not as if they are both neck and neck for the WDC as was the case at Mclaren in 07 so there is no is not comprehensible reason why they do as you insinuate - when Kimi was breaking his toys at Mclaren some argued that perhaps he had little mechanical sympathy compared to his team mates and other drivers - Kubica could be similarly accused, 'm not sure

:rolleyes:

I think I agree. It may be that the drivers' "teams" (i.e. the mechanics and chief engineer) are not equal. We know, that Kubica's CE was a rookie last year, and he has a new one this year. May be some teething problems, too.

Damn, that penalty is going to kill his race...

I think Kubica's track engineer is Spanish, Tony Cuquerella I think. I don't really know anything about him but I hope he does a good job.

"Sorry, rights restrictions prevent us from displaying this video content to users outside the UK"

-_-

Dunno about Renault, they did better in the first practice, but no one to comment on Button's result? Or Vettel? Or Trulli, now that we're at it xD

Go to a british web proxy and you will be able to watch it.

Go to a british web proxy and you will be able to watch it.

Yeah, I suppose so, but it was just so he knew. I can't be bothered, I'm too lazy XD

Yeah, I suppose so, but it was just so he knew. I can't be bothered, I'm too lazy XD

I did but couldn't watch it. I just tryed a couple of proxys... Maybe I'm too lazy too.

You are being paranoid mate - There is no vested interest in sabotaging one car over the other when WCC points are at stake. It's not as if they are both neck and neck for the WDC as was the case at Mclaren in 07 so there is no is not comprehensible reason why they do as you insinuate - when Kimi was breaking his toys at Mclaren some argued that perhaps he had little mechanical sympathy compared to his team mates and other drivers - Kubica could be similarly accused, 'm not sure

:rolleyes:

You are talking about conspiracy, not me. And there have been talk about Kubica "too rough on the car" last year. As he said during the conference "sh**t happens." It's just a little strange, that's all.

I think Kubica's track engineer is Spanish, Tony Cuquerella I think. I don't really know anything about him but I hope he does a good job.

I believe he has a lot of F1 experience, just new to the team. They seem to work well together (see Australia Qualy - impossible to do last year).

Now down to 0.8s faster than Maccas.

Nakajima in 16th place. If he is going to qualifiy like this, plus the penalty, he will have to start the grand prix in GP2

:lol:

Read somewhere that kimi ran out of fuel. can anyone confirm??? thats just stupid!!!

Couldn't agree more.

Impressive lap by Massa in the first session. I hope he can keep it up to the qualifying.

I hope he keeps it up in the race as well, instead of dropping it at turn 1... :P

Mclaren have no chance on sunday,do they?

They have a very good chance and will do at all tracks.

Sutil is right on the ragged edge. Every on board of him has shown him kicking up grass and dirt. I love the way this lad hangs it out to find the edge. When he calms down and it all comes together he's gonna be great (if he doesn't kill himself in the meantime).

Indeed, I hope he does sooner rather than later.

Hamilton is amazing.

Correct.

I don't think we can have a true reflection of the form book from practice as was the case in Australia. Ferrari and McLaren as it has been said already today focus on Q3 simulation for Saturday practice whilst most other teams show their true performance. I would expect tomorrow to show a true reflection of the pack.

I don't think we can have a true reflection of the form book from practice as was the case in Australia. Ferrari and McLaren as it has been said already today focus on Q3 simulation for Saturday practice whilst most other teams show their true performance. I would expect tomorrow to show a true reflection of the pack.

I read a couple of opinions allegeing BMW does the same