Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayrton Senna

2008 Malaysian Grand Prix Thread

Kimi was great, lights to flag. 3 thenths quicker in lap, 6.5 tenths quicker out lap when Schumacheresque feel for cold tyres is everything. As usual, that's where he destroyed Felipe and he knew he would. That's why he didn't try and win the race in the first corner.

At last Kubica fullfilled his promise. A great drive. Very bad hair afterwards.

Kovalainen was solid, nothing more. Without the hubcap problem Lewis would have made him look quite ordinary.

Great drive by Jarno and a reminder of what he can do when the car is just to his liking. Can Toyota keep up the development pace?

Lewis drove his nuts off. A comitted drive in an ill handling looking car. His fault or the team's?

Webber probably couldn't believe he didn't break down. Gutsy and great.

Massa.......? Massa......Massa........ <_<

Kimi was great, lights to flag. 3 thenths quicker in lap, 6.5 tenths quicker out lap when Schumacheresque feel for cold tyres is everything. As usual, that's where he destroyed Felipe and he knew he would. That's why he didn't try and win the race in the first corner.

At last Kubica fullfilled his promise. A great drive. Very bad hair afterwards.

Kovalainen was solid, nothing more. Without the hubcap problem Lewis would have made him look quite ordinary.

Great drive by Jarno and a reminder of what he can do when the car is just to his liking. Can Toyota keep up the development pace?

Lewis drove his nuts off. A comitted drive in an ill handling looking car. His fault or the team's?

Webber probably couldn't believe he didn't break down. Gutsy and great.

Massa.......? Massa......Massa........ <_<

Looking at the finishing times, he ended up 22secs ahead of Webber after 12 laps, so he was losing a fair chunk behind him....maybe not a full second+ as he gained in the third stint as he was certainly on the wrong tyres in the second stint. But then, he may still not have gotten around Webber on the prime tyre anyways. Not the first time, nor will it be the last time, that a race is lost in the pits. At least he had all four wheels waiting for him, unlike Ferrari that time :P

Renault sucks so far :(

They will improve with Alonso though, and then when they are winning again you will appreciate it even more :)

Or they'll continue to suck forever more :P

Massa is probably out of Ferrari.
Yeah it was weird, he lost the car too easily. And he landed exactly in a spot where he couldn't come back to the track. Talk about bad luck.

Apparently he clipped a curb too hard at turn 6, upsetting the aero, which caused him to have too much front downforce at turn 7 leading to losing the rear. All in all, not good.

Maybe we should get used to that^^

We probably should :)

A booze up!

That's what they wanted too!

6 teams in the top 8 - good for F1 - good to watch - well done jarno too.

:thbup:

If this race is anything to go by BMW are nipping on the heels of Mclaren for the role of '2nd team'. They were seriously impressive...

Totally agree although I'm not sure what happened to Heidfeld. Kovalainen, Raikkonen and Kubica all said they turned down their engines at the end so I presume Heidfeld did too when he started to drop away from Hamilton and then turn it back up for the fastest lap. Bahrain will be very cruel on the engines.

A booze up!

You forgot Poles invented vodka- wonder, which one of the three would be left standing up???

Ok, we can send Katy and another of the forum ladies instead of Piotr.

And some Jell-o.

In the name of entertainment and good taste, I concur (although if I would fight Katy in jell-o, you guys will have to pony up for my divorce...).

Yeah it was weird, he lost the car too easily. And he landed exactly in a spot where he couldn't come back to the track. Talk about bad luck.

Clipped the kerb like a rookie, then tries to blame the car. Poor form Felipe. It must have been heartbraking for Felipe to see Kimi that far ahead after just one extra lap. Felipe knows he just isn't a match for Kimi. The amount of time he loses out with his in and out laps is just pathetic, Kimi will pull this move time after time. I expect to perhaps see Felipe beach it in the future trying to be faster on in and out laps.

Stupid lapped traffic.

Sato was a joke, I wonder how many blue flags he passed before letting Mark through!!!!!!

Just happy Webber finally managed to get some points. :D

Me too, it was a very tense race just waiting for the RB4 to break or hold together!!! Thank God the thing made it to the finish :lol:

A booze up!

:lol:

The only good thing about these no TC/LC, EBS races is Massa losing it yet again, oh and Jensen SmoothDriving Button too.

Apart from that, the usual boredom.

I've said it before, until the fundamental issues won't be resolved (extreme aerodynamic turbulence and sensitivity, poor mechanical grip) it won't be any better.

I'm hoping the 2009 rules will make it better.

We don't see every mistake a driver makes in the race.

There are plenty, but most mistakes don't result in a long trip off track or retirement and so aren't shown.

There were a couple of really long sector times this race, I believe Sato was one.