Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Malaysian Gp

Driver of the day - Malaysia  

69 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Kimi
    • Kubi
    • Kovy
    • Jarno
    • Hami
    • Nick
    • Webber
    • Nando
    • Other

How can Kimi get the drive of the day... did he have to do anything?? but drive the far superior ferrari

drive of the day

1 Kubica

2 Trulli

3 Webber

in no particular order

How can Kimi get the drive of the day... did he have to do anything?? but drive the far superior ferrari

I knew this s##t would happen. I suppose small things for small minds, no need to try and convince them otherwise, or maybe they think Massa is just too easy too overtake and to drive a faultless race requieres less concentration coupled with a bit of daydreaming along the way..

Speaking of top guys, only Trulli is not where he supposed to be and therefor i picked him. Sorry, but Raikkonen did do nice race as did Kubica of course. And of those i would pick Raikkonen as he had to deal with Massa. Kovalainen was nothing really special, but circumstances did not let him be anyways. Webber did great job and Hamilton was rather unimpressive. Those who blame tire choices, remember he could not show his pace when was on softs. He could have easily been faster with them, but he just failed getting past webber.

So overall, Trulli is imo clear driver of the day. Kimi and Webber next on line, with Webber in 2nd if needs to be clear order.

Kimi for showing his pace in a way that made his teammate spin off the road.

But overall difficult to say Kubica, Trulli and Weber deserves driver of the day just as much.

ah my friend, let us revel in endless delight for the true king reigns supreme....

:lol: I'm revelling as I type :D

Bah. Ok he's not your driver of the day, but he's still the race winner who produced some mighty fast in/out laps to overshadow his team-mate, and also drove an intelligent first corner when he decided not to try and overtake Massa. I could argue that if Kubica hadn't of lucked in at turn 1 then he would of ended up behind Heidfeld...but I won't do that.

Kimi for showing his pace in a way that made his teammate spin off the road.

But overall difficult to say Kubica, Trulli and Weber deserves driver of the day just as much.

:thbup:

I knew this s##t would happen. I suppose small things for small minds, no need to try and convince them otherwise, or maybe they think Massa is just too easy too overtake and to drive a faultless race requieres less concentration coupled with a bit of daydreaming along the way..

:lol: Calm down Brad. You haven't heard the worst of it. You should be prepared to hear "KIMI IS THE LUCKIEST DRIVER IN F1 HISTORY" if he wins this year too. <_<

:lol: Calm down Brad. You haven't heard the worst of it. You should be prepared to hear "KIMI IS THE LUCKIEST DRIVER IN F1 HISTORY" if he wins this year too. <_<

probably :lol:

I supose Kimi did win the race he obviously deserves driver of the day, lets just completely ignore all the other factors eg: car speed....

He's not the only one to drive a faultless race, but i must say it would have been easier for Kimi to drive a faultless race then say 'Webber' who has a dog car...

Dont get me wrong Kimi drove a good race indeed, but I just dont think given the capabilities of the car he's driving, that he deserve the 'best' drive of the day

Was anyone troubled by Ron's explanation of Hamilton ending up in 5th because "driving in midfield id difficult on the car?" Does it mean that anyone in the midfield is doomed o stay there because of wear on the car? Does it mean that any car breaking through the midfield is better than the guys up front? BECAUSE this statement essentially says that Hamilton is only "the greatest driver of the decade" only when he starts up front. At any other time, he is just mediocre....

Heres more information why MWs drive was so good.............

Starting from an inherited sixth place on the grid after both McLaren drivers were penalized five grid positions for impeding rival drivers in qualifying, Red Bull racer Mark Webber made an excellent start and moved up into fourth place after the first two corner.

Unfortunately for the Aussie racer, he only managed to cross the finish line in seventh, despite running fourth for the entire first stint until making his first scheduled pit stop on lap 17.

Mark

Heres more information why MWs drive was so good.............

Starting from an inherited sixth place on the grid after both McLaren drivers were penalized five grid positions for impeding rival drivers in qualifying, Red Bull racer Mark Webber made an excellent start and moved up into fourth place after the first two corner.

Unfortunately for the Aussie racer, he only managed to cross the finish line in seventh, despite running fourth for the entire first stint until making his first scheduled pit stop on lap 17.

Mark's problems actually stemmed from an air pump problem, which forced him to have his pitstops earlier than planned in order to ensure that he would always have enough fuel on board to last the distance and because of this, his race strategy went out the window.

As a result, his RB4 was not working the way it was meant to as it was always too heavy. Add Takuma Sato's Super Aguri blocking him for two laps at a crucial point of the race and his race was over. The hold up enabled Nick Heidfeld to get ahead of him on track and the rest is history.

It must be noted that in parc ferm

Not a bad effort from the Aussie then. Lap up my new sig people!

Cool!!!

Even if he drove 120 races without a win I think the Mark Webber squad would never give up hope, it's almost inspiring.

You got that right Elizabeth!! :D

But Mark Webber is nice, the Mark Webber squad is nice too, and that sig is really cool! ^^

Went with Kimi for those 2 laps either side of his pitstop with Massa.

Trulli gets my second place for taking a point from Lewis and generall driving very well in a duff car all race and not getting tired like he usually does.