Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Vettel To Ferrari?

Berger says Vettel is staying put Source ITV-F1.com

Toro Rosso co-owner Gerhard Berger has categorically denied speculation that Ferrari could snatch Sebastian Vettel away from his team.

After the young German's impressive start to 2008, the Italian press suggested that Vettel could take Felipe Massa's Ferrari seat next season.

But in Malaysia all parties involved dismissed the rumours.

When asked by ITV Sport's Louise Goodman if there was any truth in the reports, Berger said they were: "completely bulls**t".

He insisted that Vettel will remain within the Red Bull fold for the duration of his three-year contract.

"He

Well it seems like Alonso also wants to challenge for that seat, are they piling the pressure on Felipe?

Fernando Alonso on Sunday admitted that Felipe Massa's mistakes are likely to increase speculation about his own future at Ferrari.

After finishing just eighth in his Renault in Malaysia, the Spaniard was asked by his local press corps about rumours linking him with becoming Kimi Raikkonen's team-mate next year.

"It is too early to talk about team transfers," he is quoted as saying by the newspaper Diario AS, "but Massa has had two bad races with errors and it is logical that people are talking about Vettel and me."

Although Ferrari analysts have not yet confirmed definitively the cause of Massa's terminal spin at Sepang, it is believed that the Brazilian simply made a mistake.

In Australia just over a week ago, the 26-year-old similarly spun, leading to suggestions that Massa is struggling to adapt to life without traction control - a driver aid he has enjoyed since debuting in F1 in 2002.

Alonso continued: "I always want to be in the best car in the field.

"I am driving for Renault now because I won here in 2005 and 2006 and want to do it again, if not this year, then the next.

"It is clear that Ferrari has one of the best cars already," he added.

E.A.

Personally, I still think Alonso is going to Ferrari in 2009.

Vettel seems like he may have a good future and could be a Ferrari driver of the future. In the meantime, it's probably best for him to continue his education at STR. However, if and when STR is sold then the picture may change.

Personally, I still think Alonso is going to Ferrari in 2009.

No, ...too much of a risk... NOT while Kimi's still there... We all know Alonso has learned his lesson having a faster teammate. Kimi will unfortunately leave soon, I think he will honor his contract and leave, which means the perfect opportunity for Alonso to arrive will be 2010, with the precedent of nr. 1 status.

Not while Kimi's there! He'll be too scared of the challenge....

Silly season starting 6 month early???

I would hate to see Alonso in Red. Its funny how Alonso fans cursed Ferrari all this time and now they want the same team to rescue his career. I would love to see Kimi extend his contract and Vettel come in as the second driver. Masaa is good too but has been performing poorly for some time.

Lets wait and see. But as a life long Ferrari fan, no Alonso, please!!!

I would hate to see Alonso in Red. Its funny how Alonso fans cursed Ferrari all this time and now they want the same team to rescue his career. I would love to see Kimi extend his contract and Vettel come in as the second driver. Masaa is good too but has been performing poorly for some time.

Alonso fans...they're very good at it.....

after giving Mclaren stick for "unfair treatment" on Alonso, the same fans buyoed with petitions to have PedroDeLaRosa for the seat for 2008... this statement of course exclude some of TF1 finest Alonso fans... notably people like the Quiet One, Wez... etc

:thbup:

If I'm not mistaken he has spoken with contempt both for MS and Ferrari back in '05 an '06. I don't see why Ferrari should give him a seat. I have nothing against him but I wouldn't like to see him drive for Ferrari. There are too many talented drivers out there these days.. Vettel, Hulkenberg, Rosberg could all fit just fine. Lets not forget both Vettel and Hulkenberg were spotted by Schumi and Hulkenberg is managed by Weber :naughty: !

:thbup:

If I'm not mistaken he has spoken with contempt both for MS and Ferrari back in '05 an '06. I don't see why Ferrari should give him a seat. I have nothing against him but I wouldn't like to see him drive for Ferrari. There are too many talented drivers out there these days.. Vettel, Hulkenberg, Rosberg could all fit just fine. Lets not forget both Vettel and Hulkenberg were spotted by Schumi and Hulkenberg is managed by Weber :naughty: !

You have just reminded me of something he said after winning his 2nd championship with Renault...something about the good guys (Renault) that won, and the bad guys (Ferrari) that lost. Now he's eyeing the Ferrari seat.... Far fall from grace makes you do really look at the world thru different eyes :nono1::naughty:

You have just reminded me of something he said after winning his 2nd championship with Renault...something about the good guys (Renault) that won, and the bad guys (Ferrari) that lost. Now he's eyeing the Ferrari seat.... Far fall from grace makes you do really look at the world thru different eyes :nono1::naughty:

In-deeed!!!!!

I just cant see Alonso in a Ferrari.

I mean it would be good for Ferrari and Alonso but I just cant see it.

To me Alonso will be a long term Renault drive. Once theyve sorted out their car Alonso will stick with them. Obviously at the moment their car isnt a race winning car so obviously Alonso will start suggesting a Ferrari drive to pile pressure on the Renault boys.

I mean he's won 2 championships and his only championships at that team, why would he need to move?

Though Imagine if Alonso did end up going to Toyota for this season. I have a feeling they have a better car than Renault? Bigger budget too. He might of missed out big time there.

As for Vettel to me he's guranteed a good drive in the future. Whether it be a BMW or a Ferrari he will be winning races in the future. The guy is good and right now hes in a very good position to learn a few good tips from Gerard Berger. Also his team mate is a world champion, may not be an F1 world champion but still a world champion so he could learn alot there. but he has age and talent on his side.

If Vettel does take Massa seat next year (which I hope they do for Ferrari's sake as to me Massa is useless without aids) then Vettel will probably end up learning alooot from some guy called Michael Schumacher...

For once, I agree with the Ferrari boys here: I don't want Alonso to Ferrari. If he does, then will be despised.

No love for anything related to Ferrari <_<

brazilian media also spoke a lot about it and now spanish is doing same. also, seb and kimi are now playing badminton together and this really scares me. (ok, seems no sense, but somehow i think it has something to do hehe)

Some people suggest Alonso is scared and he wouldn't join Ferrari while Kimi is there but the truth is quite different. Ferrari wouldn't sit Alonso and Raikkonen together because they don't want two WDC fighting for the title cos it could ruin some other team goals. It would be great for many of the F1 fans but we have a very different perspective compared to Ferrari managers.

Every driver wants to drive the best car and any of them would love to drive a Ferrari. But Alonso will work hard for Renault to develop a good car in the future. Every comment I've heard from the media has been answering stupid questions from the journalists.

Vettel would be a great choice to keep Kimi on his toes. But I would like to see Alonso with Kimi - I'd like to see them both in the same car (both being incredibly talented drivers) purely to see who's the more complete driver over a season or two.

And I'm sure the politics/comments/rivalry would be everything from childish to hilarious. The mind boggles :P

Some people suggest Alonso is scared and he wouldn't join Ferrari while Kimi is there but the truth is quite different. Ferrari wouldn't sit Alonso and Raikkonen together because they don't want two WDC fighting for the title cos it could ruin some other team goals. It would be great for many of the F1 fans but we have a very different perspective compared to Ferrari managers.

Every driver wants to drive the best car and any of them would love to drive a Ferrari. But Alonso will work hard for Renault to develop a good car in the future. Every comment I've heard from the media has been answering stupid questions from the journalists.

I agree, totally.

^

Alonso is more complete than KR over a season, until he gets a fast team-mate like KR, then he lets his head get the better of him - just my opinion of course.

I think it would be great to have them both in the same team, but I don't see it.