Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Vettel To Ferrari?

>

^ Contrary to your biased beliefs, Michael Schumacher was ridiculously complete. The teams mates of driver have nothing to do with with how complete he is.

To equally strong team mates are only good at:

a] losing the title to a 3rd guy (Reutemann-Jones to Piquet, Mansell-Piquet to Prost, LH-FA to KR)

b] crashing and/or fist fighting and/or physiological B* and/or political B*: Prost and Senna

c] tragedies see Villeneuve - Pironi

d] a combination of at least 2 of he above

Therefor considering team orders helped Fangio to 5 WDC and Schumacher to 7, team equality - indiscipline must be stoped for the reason OF WINNING witch is the only thing.

So what you're saying is that doing well without competition is more proof of a man than doing well WITH competition? I often think you're overly contrary and full of it but that is just special.

I reckon McLaren would still give Ferrari a run for their money with Hami and Kovi at the helm. Even with a Kimi/Alonso Ferrari line up. McLaren's drivers are getting better and better at car set-up, and the car ain't bad at all. I'd love to watch a battle like that actually!

I am not sure it would be enough, to be honest. At least not as things are right now. Ferrari has a superior car and team, imo.

Still, Alonso is lost out at sea and Ferrari has nothing but Kimi.... sure, I agree that Hamilton or HK will be up there but let's see what RD rolls out this season, though... we may yet have McLaren crapping all over itself once again and giving the WC away. Hope not. Hope not.

I am not sure it would be enough, to be honest. At least not as things are right now. Ferrari has a superior car and team, imo.

Still, Alonso is lost out at sea and Ferrari has nothing but Kimi.... sure, I agree that Hamilton or HK will be up there but let's see what RD rolls out this season, though... we may yet have McLaren crapping all over itself once again and giving the WC away. Hope not. Hope not.

wouldnt mind that at all. but if that wont be the case, then would prefer to see HK on top and not LH.

you're starting to sound like that guy in your avatar :P

So what you're saying is that doing well without competition is more proof of a man than doing well WITH competition? I often think you're overly contrary and full of it but that is just special.

?!

I think the perfect efficiency is a clear 1 - 2 scenario. If the car is the best (fast and reliable) and the drivers know their place and people are talking about a very boring championship then everything OK/perfect (from and efficiency point of view).

And some cheating for the kinks/self-defence of it, Smokey Yunick said it "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" "if you cheat on 10 things and they make you fix only two or three, then you've done something".

That's the way of motorsport.

And you too Elizabeth Sterling are something special, in that you seem to confuse you like/dislike of a driver with his actual driving skills/talent. You're I've called a worshiper/hater fan and what George Harrison was talking about in his song "Faster" when he "Some had come to see him fail". People like this are biased as hell in thinking their driver a God and some of his rivals is Satan. But guess you beloved Hammy is just as big of an a**hole as Alonso, as Ron Dennis he's an even more worse character.

Vettel? Yeah he looks pretty good and is very promising for the future. I'd put him in a Renault or something like that.

I'd like Alonso to help Renault get back to the top, that would really help his reputation.

I'd have Bourdais in the second Ferrari seat!!

Massa and Renault look nice together.

Vettel and Redbull.

Coulthards commentary

and Alonso's Ferrari.

KR does have more natural talent but Alonso does know how to set up a car and they both know how to win titles.

Its too close to call but if Vettel is going to ferrari then his the heir apparent to Michael Schumacher and imagine the pressure on him then!!!

(FOR A 20 YEAR OLD!!!)

No for Sebastien he should just wait until his fully mature enough into a top class Grand prix driver like Nico Rosberg has done before he joins Mclaren!

But Heikki looks comfortable there now!

That's pretty much how I see it. I give Nick another 2-3 years, and then Vettel may end up at BMW, if BMW is where I think it will be.

wow, did'nt know that!

"His father, Matti, drove heavy road machinery in Espoo, near Helsinki, while his mother, Paula, worked as a clerk. Kimi and his older brother, Rami (now a rally driver), spent much of their childhood with their grandfather, who arranged their first driving lessons. "

Just FYI

"His father, Matti, drove heavy road machinery in Espoo, near Helsinki, while his mother, Paula, worked as a clerk. Kimi and his older brother, Rami (now a rally driver), spent much of their childhood with their grandfather, who arranged their first driving lessons. "

Just FYI

I thank thee

Kimi knows exactly how to get to the perfect moment(the zone) quickly, he knows what to ask his race engineer to do to get the car close to scientific perfection.... that speaks volumes of his set-up abilities

Never thought of it that way. He might not say much to the media (and therefore us) but as you say, he must has a good rapport with his mechanics, kimi only says what he needs to, otherwise he wouldn't have won so many Gp's I guess!

That's pretty much how I see it. I give Nick another 2-3 years, and then Vettel may end up at BMW, if BMW is where I think it will be.

Thats a good point, but maybe BMW may not be that patiant. Once they have a championship winning car Mario will want the best drivers at the time driving it. So he will have to pick between Nick, Robert and Seb. Wow thats a hard decision.

In my opinion theyve have to stick with Nick just because hes so reliable. But would you drop Robert for Seb?

Kimi knows exactly how to get to the perfect moment(the zone) quickly, he knows what to ask his race engineer to do to get the car close to scientific perfection.... that speaks volumes of his set-up abilities

Rubbish!

Alonso is the more complete driver of the 2

Thats a good point, but maybe BMW may not be that patiant. Once they have a championship winning car Mario will want the best drivers at the time driving it. So he will have to pick between Nick, Robert and Seb. Wow thats a hard decision.

In my opinion theyve have to stick with Nick just because hes so reliable. But would you drop Robert for Seb?

I'd choose Kubica, he's achieve'd 2nd place in a car only capable of that. He can win in a car capable of winning too.

Funny, the Ferrari's Ex-chief calls on them to get Alonso or ...KUBICA to replace Massa. Gee, that pesky overrated by all experts Pole again. Funny, nobody pegs Nick to go to ferrari... (sorry, Katy, couldn't resist it ;) )

Someone will replace Massa, and it sure as hell won't be Fernando. Fernando's scared of Kimi.

I'll give you my prophecy:

Fernando Alonso to BMW-Sauber.

Why wasn't Barichello's seat at Ferrari never q when Micheal was dominating him? :o Massa will finish his contract, and resign it later. Alonso will still be dreaming of that illusive Ferrari seat sitting in his bath tub playing with hot wheel toy cars, and telling the world that Spain and Italy are neighbors.

Why wasn't Barichello's seat at Ferrari never q when Micheal was dominating him? :o Massa will finish his contract, and resign it later. Alonso will still be dreaming of that illusive Ferrari seat sitting in his bath tub playing with hot wheel toy cars, and telling the world that Spain and Italy are neighbors.

I hope your right...

Perhaps because Barrichello gave plenty examples of his worthiness, and he usually looked more like a great driver being constrained by his number two status.

Massa gave plenty examples of how F1 cars where not built for off track excursions, and he usually looked like even a number two status at Ferrari would be too much for him. Don't get me wrong, the guy still might learn. But he is too far behind and Ferrari is not a good place to learn. Ferrari is for graduates, not students.

Perhaps because Barrichello gave plenty examples of his worthiness, and he usually looked more like a great driver being constrained by his number two status.

Massa gave plenty examples of how F1 cars where not built for off track excursions, and he usually looked like even a number two status at Ferrari would be too much for him. Don't get me wrong, the guy still might learn. But he is too far behind and Ferrari is not a good place to learn. Ferrari is for graduates, not students.

Mess with the best, you lose like the rest! :lol:

Hit the nail on the head there, Theres no way Ferrari have time for him to improve. You either perform or your out. Massa has achieved 0 points in a Ferrari so far. That just explains it all in opinion.

As for Barichello, everytime Schumacher had problems (which wasnt often), Rubens was always there to pick up the pieces. Exactly what Ferrari wanted from him.

Hit the nail on the head there, Theres no way Ferrari have time for him to improve. You either perform or your out. Massa has achieved 0 points in a Ferrari so far. That just explains it all in opinion.

As for Barichello, everytime Schumacher had problems (which wasnt often), Rubens was always there to pick up the pieces. Exactly what Ferrari wanted from him.

Say whatever you want. Massa will stay there! :P

You know I think a big part of this Massa deal is Todt securing a contract for a driver managed by his son before he departed Ferrari. I don't think the team are happy with that, that they see it as him bankrolling his kid with his last act instead of looking out for the good of the team. Remember that this decision came entirely out of left field only days before the final race of 2007.

Felipe will inevitably continue to struggle with TC though and so far this year he's been a bit of a joke save one good hot lap in Q3 last race. Problem is nobody's denying the guy is fast, even if he's not quite as fast as the Kmis, Lewises and 'nandos of the world. (Then again who is?) He's just not consistent and doesn't have the concentration and finesse that pretty much everyone else seems to. If Montoya was a raging bull then Felipe is a cow on rollerskates.

Never thought of it that way. He might not say much to the media (and therefore us) but as you say, he must has a good rapport with his mechanics, kimi only says what he needs to, otherwise he wouldn't have won so many Gp's I guess!

He seems to get along with Chris Dyer perfectly fine and I once listened to an interview with the guy where he said he was comfortable working with Kimi and the rumours of him being rubbish at set-up weren't true.

Mess with the best, you lose like the rest! :lol:

Nice :lol:

You know I think a big part of this Massa deal is Todt securing a contract for a driver managed by his son before he departed Ferrari. I don't think the team are happy with that, that they see it as him bankrolling his kid with his last act instead of looking out for the good of the team. Remember that this decision came entirely out of left field only days before the final race of 2007.

Felipe will inevitably continue to struggle with TC though and so far this year he's been a bit of a joke save one good hot lap in Q3 last race. Problem is nobody's denying the guy is fast, even if he's not quite as fast as the Kmis, Lewises and 'nandos of the world. (Then again who is?) He's just not consistent and doesn't have the concentration and finesse that pretty much everyone else seems to. If Montoya was a raging bull then Felipe is a cow on rollerskates.

:lol:

But Massa has always been on the wilder side. He actually had a good year last season and before. I am sure he will adapt and calm down. He will be given enough time to improve, and let Kimi concentrate on WDC. I am sure Massa will be retained even for next season. Alonso fits in Renault well, Renault will improve, they have proved worthy champs even with wafer thin budgets, now Carlos has pumped more money into F1 program. Anyways the press always makes Nando look like he will never be happy settling in one team like Kimi or Lewis. I really don't buy romours that Alonso and Ferrari have any sort of agreement. They may sign Alonso when kimi says "Sh!t, F1 is crap and boring. I wana try WRC, can I drive a Fiat?"