Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

Still Too Early

I think it could mean something, not only that web page but some comments from McLaren... If you put it altogether you can think about something. Maybe Hamilton is not living the life McLaren would like for one of his F1 drivers, maybe they were expecting a better start compared to Kovalainen, maybe they've seen some type of weakness... Or maybe they are just trying to get the best out of him.

Exactly!

Perhaps Lewis has said something to wind them up - I've no idea, but Whitmarsh's comments are very odd given that Lewis won the opening race and would have secured a podium but for the team's mistake.

If they've already fallen out of love, it'll be a long and bitter divorce

:huh:

at Mclaren, bad luck and unreliability WAS legendary....have you ever taken the time to check Kimi's career out, b4 he was drafted into unreliable F1 cars... You'll get a different picture of the man.... reliable consistent wins.... Kimi has found "his" reliable team, I expect a smooth ride to his 2nd championship...

It is very surprising that people still have not figured out the real car breaker is ......Adrian Newley!

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=42133

Are the team trying to create a competitive environment by making such public statements - weird man management style me thinks

:huh:

It is nothing new Mclaren has always had strange driver management and public relations. ;)

I bet it is just that Ronster is getting very excited about rejuvenating his favorite project, (which of course now seems to be one of his all time favorites).

Yes, Ron has systematically started rebuilding his newest Fin-Bot, in his personal favourite "Finish Driver Machine" program.

Of course his project is already bearing fruit it is easy to see that the "Heikki" is the "Kimi" FD2 with improved Public Relations software and Happy Smile 2.01 update.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66085

^

I gotta say I thought that article was really weird when I read it, Kova was pretty good towards the end of last year, Mclaren have rebuilt nothing he was already a very good driver.

It is nothing new Mclaren has always had strange driver management and public relations. ;)

I bet it is just that Ronster is getting very excited about rejuvenating his favorite project, (which of course now seems to be one of his all time favorites).

Yes, Ron has systematically started rebuilding his newest Fin-Bot, in his personal favourite "Finish Driver Machine" program.

Of course his project is already bearing fruit it is easy to see that the "Heikki" is the "Kimi" FD2 with improved Public Relations software and Happy Smile 2.01 update.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66085

I am sorry, but I must take issue with this. Updates and improvements imply that those features were installed in the first place :lol:

As I recall, 4 Ferrari engines blew up.... Ferrari flew their engines back and found the problem to be related to the fuel pump. Which means they've sorted that one out. Thats why the problem did'nt re-occur at Malasia.... which leave me pretty optimistic for the coming races... :D

Sure, but why wasn't it sorted out over the winter?

But where will Scott Speed end up Eric....I am more concerned about what position he will be in by the end of the season.

I think Scott Speed has a decent shot at a top 10 in his first year in ARCA. He led a bit at Daytona, and was around seventh when Kyle Krisilof cut off another driver and took out half the field. He was a solid contender to win, but Kyle Krisilof triggered a decent-sized wreck. Speed then paced the Rockingham (North Carolina, not UK) test, showing he can get it done on a real driver's race track. Not like testing means too much, but it was a solid effort. I think he'll steadily improve to a very solid points finish between fourth and tenth by the end of the year, partly because he has great equipment, and partly because he seems to be getting used to stock cars fairly quickly (had a good showing in Truck testing at Martinsville, too, and the team he was testing for was complete s##t).

Meanwhile, he will win the WDC with 180 points.

Sure, but why wasn't it sorted out over the winter?
Actually the issue causing the engine blowups was overheating. The fuel pump issue is what caused Kimi to stop out on track in Melbourne in qualifying and was not an engine failure. In the race at Melbourne Ferrari were so worried about engine temperature they hacked off two of the 'gills' ontop of the sidepods on either side to enhance cooling but it wasn't enough. They fixed the issue almost immediately after the race though.

Actually the issue causing the engine blowups was overheating. The fuel pump issue is what caused Kimi to stop out on track in Melbourne in qualifying and was not an engine failure. In the race at Melbourne Ferrari were so worried about engine temperature they hacked off two of the 'gills' ontop of the sidepods on either side to enhance cooling but it wasn't enough. They fixed the issue almost immediately after the race though.

They turned the engines off??????? ;)