Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Auto Giants Slam Max Mosley

Honda asks FIA to consider Mosley's role

Honda Racing have joined the chorus of criticisms of FIA president Max Mosley over his behaviour, and called for motor racing's governing body to make a swift decision on whether he should carry on in his role.

With BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Toyota all having issued statements on Thursday claiming that Mosley's behaviour was unacceptable, Honda added that it was worried that F1's reputations had been damaged by the allegations made against Mosley in the News of the World.

"It is necessary that senior figures in sport and business maintain the highest standards of conduct in order to fulfil their duties with integrity and respect," said the Honda statement.

"The Honda Racing F1 Team is extremely disappointed by recent events surrounding Mr Mosley and we are concerned that the reputation of Formula One and all its participants is being damaged.

"We request that the FIA gives this matter careful consideration and reaches an immediate decision in the best interests of F1 and Motorsport."

Toyota has urged the FIA to consider whether president Max Mosley has met with the 'moral obligations' of his role in the wake of the revelations about his private life.

In a statement issued by the Japanese car manufacturer on Thursday, Toyota said that it did not approve of Mosley's behaviour and suggested that he had acted in a manner that was not fitting of a man in his position.

"Toyota Motorsport does not approve of any behaviour which could be seen to damage Formula One's image, in particular any behaviour which could be understood to be racist or anti-Semitic," said the statement.

"Senior figures within any sport or business, including motorsport, must adhere to high standards of behaviour. When all the facts are known, it will be for the FIA to decide whether Mr Mosley has met the moral obligations which come with the position of FIA President."

Toyota's statement comes shortly after BMW and Mercedes-Benz issued their own comments, claiming that they viewed Mosley's behaviour as 'disgraceful'.

German car manufacturers BMW and Mercedes-Benz have issued a statement labeling FIA president Max Mosley's behaviour as 'disgraceful'.

In the first public comment made by Formula One competitors since details of Mosley's private life were revealed in the News of the World, the car makers say that they distance themselves from what has happened.

And they make it clear that the implications for the revelations go far beyond just F1.

A joint statement issued by them said: "The content of the publications is disgraceful. As a company, we strongly distance ourselves from it.

"This incident concerns Max Mosley both personally and as President of the FIA, the global umbrella organisation for motoring clubs. Its consequences therefore extend far beyond the motor sport industry. We await a response from the relevant FIA bodies."

Mosley wrote a letter to the FIA earlier this week apologising for any embarrassment caused by the News of the World story, but emphasising that he intends to carry on in his role with motor racing's governing body.

In the wake of the story, however, Mosley has cancelled a planned visit to this weekend's Bahrain Grand Prix. This morning's Times newspaper revealed that the Bahraini royal family had written to Mosley making it clear that they did not wish him to turn up.

Sheikh Salman Bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, the Crown Prince of Bahrain, says it would be inappropriate for FIA president Max Mosley to attend this weekend's race following revelations about him in a tabloid newspaper.

The FIA head was originally scheduled to attend the race, but a spokesman said on Thursday he would not travel to Bahrain as he was busy with legal matters.

"The FIA President was originally scheduled to attend the race in Bahrain but legal matters have detained him in London," he said.

The Times newspaper, however, reports that the Crown Price of Bahrain had asked Mosley not to attend the event in order to keep the focus on the grand prix.

It it unknown if the letter had been sent before or after the FIA confirmed Mosley would not travel to Bahrain.

"In light of the allegations, I suspect you may be deliberating on your planned attendance at the Grand Prix here in Bahrain later in the week," The Times quoted the Crown Prince as writing in a letter to Mosley.

"I therefore felt it important to convey the position of Bahrain and its people.

"Clearly of paramount importance is the success of the event for all concerned

BMW and Mercedes have some heavy involvment with Hitler, so it is logical that they attack in their own defense. So far only teams from countries on the wrong side in Second World War have issued statement. Even McLaren did not say anything and will not say anything, they know better and do not have money to potentially pay for damages...

Others are more carefull not to be taken to the court if complete publication turns out to be fabricated in some visual effects studio.

So, they are waiting for confirmation of authencity of the footage.

BMW and Mercedes have some heavy involvment with Hitler, so it is logical that they attack in their own defense. So far only teams from countries on the wrong side in Second World War have issued statement. Even McLaren did not say anything and will not say anything, they know better and do not have money to potentially pay for damages...

Others are more carefull not to be taken to the court if complete publication turns out to be fabricated in some visual effects studio.

So, they are waiting for confirmation of authencity of the footage.

I really can't decide if you are serious with these comments or not.

Also, I don't think, as far as I have seen, Max has denied the involvement. His planned legal action is against somebody conducting a covert investigation against him, as I understand it.

Why do you think BMW and Mercedes would issue joint statement? Because they have some joint history to take care of. That history is still an issue in Germany. In other countries nobody else cares about HItler, but in Germany and Austria are particulary sensitive to that subject.

We will see how it will unfold. I personally do not have a good opinion on "English high class" but in this affair he is victim of either very expensive setup (in case of visual effects) or its own stupidity (God gave the man two heads but enough blood only for one of them).

If I was team boss or major sponsor of F1 I would choose not to comment on the subject. Because, what do I gain from that, and I might lose some money and gain powerful enemy if it unfolds in unexpected direction.

Ron Dennis is silent, maybe he has something to do with footage production :) He is playing it perfectly.

What is positive in being mentioned in the context of Nazi choreography or role playing, sex scandal, even as a party condemning it?

I don't think Renault would say much. Who will believe Flavio if he condemned Max's antics?

Damn - I just read that article - you beat me to the post!

I liked this bit... (from the crown prince)

"In light of the allegations, I suspect you may be deliberating on your planned attendance at the grand prix here in Bahrain later in the week. I therefore felt it important to convey the position of Bahrain and its people," the Crown Prince wrote. "Clearly of paramount importance is the success of the event for all concerned - the Kingdom of Bahrain, formula one and spectators. The focus quite rightly should be on the race.

"With great regret I feel that under the current circumstances, it would be inappropriate for you to be in Bahrain at this time. I don't want to add to the difficulties in which you find yourself, but I hope you understand the position we have taken."

full article here http://sport.guardian.co.uk/motorsport/sto...2270587,00.html

Why do you think BMW and Mercedes would issue joint statement? Because they have some joint history to take care of. That history is still an issue in Germany. In other countries nobody else cares about HItler, but in Germany and Austria are particulary sensitive to that subject.

We will see how it will unfold. I personally do not have a good opinion on "English high class" but in this affair he is victim of either very expensive setup (in case of visual effects) or its own stupidity (God gave the man two heads but enough blood only for one of them).

If I was team boss or major sponsor of F1 I would choose not to comment on the subject. Because, what do I gain from that, and I might lose some money and gain powerful enemy if it unfolds in unexpected direction.

Ron Dennis is silent, maybe he has something to do with footage production :) He is playing it perfectly.

What is positive in being mentioned in the context of Nazi choreography or role playing, sex scandal, even as a party condemning it?

Are you Max's son ?

I don't think Renault would say much. Who will believe Flavio if he condemned Max's antics?

:roll:

The difference is Flavio does all the filming himself :whistling:

:roll:

The difference is Flavio does all the filming himself :whistling:

And that he would never pay 2,500 pounds for sex. He doeesn't even pay that much money for his drivers.

Yup. You're quite right. And a quick google search for Toyota and Honda (especially the former) will turn up all kinds of racist activities of their own. The whole thing is pathetic. Bernie is far more immoral than Max - he could save millions of lives in Africa if he wasn't so selfish. But who cares.

And that he would never pay 2,500 pounds for sex. He doeesn't even pay that much money for his drivers.

:lol: One of them doesn't wax properly though. You get what you pay for!

I think they issued a statement for precisely the reason they gave.

Yup. You're quite right. And a quick google search for Toyota and Honda (especially the former) will turn up all kinds of racist activities of their own. The whole thing is pathetic. Bernie is far more immoral than Max - he could save millions of lives in Africa if he wasn't so selfish. But who cares.

In the case of BMW and Mercedes, they are German companies, what else would you expect to find in their history? But, that's not the point really. They are not parading, practising or condoning naziism now. At least not in in front of notw cameras anyway :lol:

I don't give a tuppeny f*ck what Max gets up to. It doesn't alter the way he goes about his business. All the big chesses are doing is doing what they think they should be doing, that's all. It's more to do with personal hate campaigns and fear of future legislation than anything else. Hopefully common sense will prevail, but i doubt it. I don't see any of them backing down until Max has gone this time.

I thought we might just be able to go motor racing this year and leave all the bollocks behind for 'Heat' magazine.

I thought we might just be able to go motor racing this year and leave all the bollocks behind for 'Heat' magazine.

Why on earth did you think that ??? :lol:

Well there is a job going in F1 in the BBC next year.... perhaps Max would be up for it? :D

Cool. I never thought the BBC would do a sado-masochisitic, nazi uniformed, spank-me while I count to 10 in German, series. Who says the TV licence money is wasted.

Cool. I never thought the BBC would do a sado-masochisitic, nazi uniformed, spank-me while I count to 10 in German, series. Who says the TV licence money is wasted.

:lolroll:

'Allo Allo???? :D

Max could have his "leetel tank" :D

(for non UK readers this will mean nothing, sorry!)

The thing is, Max was clearly setup somewhere along the line here - as the thing was filmed in the first place and evidentily made the hookers a lot of money when they ran to the paper with the footage. I mean its safe to assume that you can do what you like in the privacy of a home and it isnt going to come out, but the problem is that he is in a position of power, and this kind of thing is exactly what is there to expose him. It wouldnt be surprising if somewhere along the lines certain people in motorsport colluded to get him setup in order to publicly embarass him in this way.

I'm not defending him at all. But I think he was clearly set up by someone along the lines here.

But then again, his position is untennable. He is the President of the FIA, and as such he cant go around (bearing in mind who his father was makes it even worse) behaving in such a way. To have a fantasy of some kind is not so bad surely, but to have it so disgracefully mocking those that were subjected to that, and considering his father was a friend of Hitler's is absolutely disgraceful! I still reckon he was setup, but at the same time, you can't do this in his position, and its just utterly wrong.

I dont know what everyone else thinks of exactly what he did.

For an interesting read, The Times columnist had a nice view on this:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...icle3670498.ece

Conversely, I think for todays Times Issue, there is this view:

http://timesonline.typepad.com/comment/200...ehavioural.html

I'm a pretty avid reader of The Times :)

I don't give a tuppeny f*ck what Max gets up to. It doesn't alter the way he goes about his business. All the big chesses are doing is doing what they think they should be doing, that's all. It's more to do with personal hate campaigns and fear of future legislation than anything else. Hopefully common sense will prevail, but i doubt it. I don't see any of them backing down until Max has gone this time.

Yes, I agree with that, as much as Max wanted a certain boss to quit, he has made too many enemies within F1. Bernie somehow seems to look like a Mr. Nice guy these days with his good will gestures.

:lol: