Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

How Did He Live?!

Michael McDowell had a HUGE crash in qualifying for the Samsung 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Texas Motor Speedway. Scared the s##t out of me.

If you got to www.nascar.com and then click on McDowell takes a tumble under "Video Control Room," you can see the accident. Amazed he was okay.

I agree, if you ever needed a reason for the COT, that sure as hell is a good one. Wow.

If you pause the video at the right time, you can see he hit the wall at 186 mph.

They are playing this every hour on ESPN, what a tumble.

I'll just add that is says good things for SAFER and HANS, too ...

I don't get this Car of Tomorrow malarky... if it was the car of tomorrow then it shouldn't crash in the first place as it would have sensors all over it, not need a driver, hover over the track, and follow a wire imbedded in the tarseal. It's a car of TODAY not tomorrow....silly yanks

Still think RKs Canadian GP hit last year was bigger..............but still OUCH!!!

Still think RKs Canadian GP hit last year was bigger..............but still OUCH!!!

Perhaps, though I have to say it'd take a hell of a lot to get a 3600 lb car to flip 10 times. An F1 car is 1200 lbs. But I don't understand any of the complex stuff, so I'm probably way off.

Either way, that was pretty nasty.

Are you quoting from the NOTW video? :D

:clap3: Brilliant!!

...just to be clear I'm not, I don't speak German, after all :)

OOOOH! that was a bit of an off!

But he shouldnt worry about the car, I'm sure it will buff out.