Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Bahrain Gp

But Alonso managed to pass Hamilton during the start of the race.

Many people here should apologise for saying that Alonso brake tested Hamilton.

Hamilton crash tested Alonso!

Yes and what a great pass....no I'm only joking around, many people passed Hamilton at the start simply because he messed up his start (unusual for him), and then he ended up behind Alonso, and went into him - it seems like a racing incident if not a slightly odd one. If, and I think it's still difficult to tell from the video, Alonso didn't brake test him, then it is Hamilton's fault.

All in all, good fun.

Perhaps. As Andres says, without telemetry it is hard to tell. He has brake tested people before though.

Perhaps. Hamilton's crashed stupidly before though (Brazil 2007).

Wow, good race, well done to Massa as I knew he'd win, out qualid everyone in Q1 & 2, well done to Kubica, pity he did'nt finish 1st & Kimi had a great race too, can't say the same for Hamilton & Alonso did poor aswell, could'nt do with the lil chunk off his rear wing, looks like I bit it off, well done to Fisi who managed to get up to 14th today in a re-painted, re-named Spyker from last year.

Alonso brake testing Hamilton?Don't make me laugh...

Thanks a lot Neodata...

I think it was Hamiltons mistake in that. Not Alonso even if he slowed down, Hamilton has to take more caution...

What happened to Hamilton at the start it's quite unclear in the video?? Late start??

De La Rosa explains it on the video.He says that it was the anti-stall system,the car changed to neutral.

Thanks a lot Neodata...

I think it was Hamiltons mistake in that. Not Alonso even if he slowed down, Hamilton has to take more caution...

What happened to Hamilton at the start it's quite unclear in the video?? Late start??

I'm not sure what happened at the start .

He either he fell a sleep or had one of those infamous Damon Hill starts or ( for those of you with alot of imagination) Mad Max had another wild party last night with excessive use of lubricants and unfortunately for Hamilton this time it wasnt in a dungeon but on the starting grid.

Thanks for the link. It is really hard to tell if Nando brake tested Hamilton from this angle. But I said he didn't. TV commentaries that he LeH could not have been that much faster than Nando are bollocks. They were too close together. It wasn't as if Lewis came from 100 metres behind and crahsed.

Anyways, I think it was just a case of Nando not having enough torque at the exit and Lewis being overly optimistic on that pass. A racing incident, and a foolish move from Hammy.

I Agree with you both. Looks like a racing incident and Hamilton was just abit too aggressive.

De La Rosa explains it on the video.He says that it was the anti-stall system,the car changed to neutral.
Was that the same thing that happened to him at Interlagos last season or was it the pit limiter button that he pressed??

Yes and what a great pass....no I'm only joking around, many people passed Hamilton at the start simply because he messed up his start (unusual for him), and then he ended up behind Alonso, and went into him - it seems like a racing incident if not a slightly odd one. If, and I think it's still difficult to tell from the video, Alonso didn't brake test him, then it is Hamilton's fault.

All in all, good fun.

Kubica said he messed up HIS start (when Massa overtook him) with a tire spin (just like the last race), and then he picked up oil and debris at 3 or 4 turns, thought he had a puncture, and slowed down (in case he had to pit). That's when Raikkonen passed him. Otherwise, he would have been 2nd.

Oh, well, I'm STILL happy. And Heidfeld had a FANTASTIC race. I would say either Nick or Massa should be the DOD.

Perhaps. Hamilton's crashed stupidly before though (Brazil 2007).

Of course. Everyone has crashed stupidly. But brake testing is a different matter, being deliberately dangerous and against the rules.

Was that the same thing that happened to him at Interlagos last season or was it the pit limiter button that he pressed??

maybe he is color-blind and cannot see the differnt colors on his steering wheel buttons...

maybe he is color-blind and cannot see the differnt colors on his steering wheel buttons...
Like what happened to Kovey on the pit straight at Melbourne after he passed Alonso, maybe the McLaren steering wheel is very dull & is surrounded by dull colours like black & greyish-chrome that adding coloured buttons to it, like red to say PIT LIMITER DO NOT PUSH THIS DURING RACE UNLESS COMING INTO PITS, is practically pointless, whereas in a Ferrar, you're surrounded by Scuderia red so you don't need to worry!

Of course. Everyone has crashed stupidly. But brake testing is a different matter, being deliberately dangerous and against the rules.

Yup, because when you tailgate somebody and don't pay attention, and you crash into them, it's their fault. Like Kubica making Sato crash into him in Australia. Or is it, that Hamilton expects the rule of (stay away from Hamilton's car" from last year (see Kubi's penalty in Japan) to apply to him this year too? I guess there should be a car lenght exclusion zone around Hamilton's car where no other car is allowed. That's the only way the crash was Alonso's fault. Otherwise, Hami is no longer the "golden boy" of F1... :blink:

Like what happened to Kovey on the pit straight at Melbourne after he passed Alonso, maybe the McLaren steering wheel is very dull & is surrounded by dull colours like black & greyish-chrome that adding coloured buttons to it, like red to say PIT LIMITER DO NOT PUSH THIS DURING RACE UNLESS COMING INTO PITS, is practically pointless, whereas in a Ferrar, you're surrounded by Scuderia red so you don't need to worry!

Maybe it's like in the "Andromeda Strain" - red color makes Hamilton have absent seizures (my son has epilepsy with absent seizures, kinda what happened to Hamilton at the start)? :P

probably Hamilton revved the engine too low (so he could get better start) and the anti stall system thought it was not enough and put the car into neutral.

Being deliberately dangerous and against the rules?

Do you mean Alonso should have been penalized?

I wonder why marshals didn't even investigated that action.

Maybe it was obvious...

You should admit it was Hamilton's fault but...

Whatever.

If you look at the footage at 2min mark you can see Alonso missing the Apex of turn 2 and running wide which means he is too far on the inside to take turn 3 full throttle Hamilton however has a perfect exit out of turn 2 and can take the corner full throttle.

The collision was not investigated so apparently the stewards also felt it was an racing incident.

Hamilton sofar has also made no statements and I think because of all that has happened between these two Hamilton of all people would be the first to tell it to the world if he felt Alonso was driving like a lunatic.

But lets for the sake of argument say Alonso did braketest him.

Why didnt Hamilton take any evasive action? Why didnt he respond angrily by shaking his fist?

He never even lifted and kept going full throttle and after the collision showed no emotion at all.

Judging by his body language and the lack of a response after the race it seems more likely to me he made a mistake fair enough.

Such things can happen and he has allready delivered us some stunning overtaking maneuvres in his short F1 carreer and this one just didnt turn out as he had expected.

I just hope this wont make him less aggressive in the future as I find his aggresive drivingstyle fun to watch.

Here is a quote from Lewis note how he says nothing about beeing brake tested and refers to this as a racing incident.

Lewis Hamilton: "I am really disappointed and feel like I let the team down today as I always am the first to blame myself. The whole weekend has not been ideal starting with the accident on Friday, but I will keep my chin up and bounce back at the next race. I messed up at the start as I didn't hit the switch early enough and therefore had not engaged the correct engine setting, and the anti stall kicked in. I lost a lot of places but things were still salvageable at that point. Then I had the incident with Fernando. I was behind him, and I moved to the right, and he moved to the right and that was it - a racing incident I guess. I am confident that we have the pace to be fighting at the front so the confidence is still there. I have had such a good run in Formula 1 until now, and it was almost inevitable that at some point things would go wrong. However there is a long way to go in the Championship and I intend to win it."

Link to article here

Here is a quote from Lewis note how he says nothing about beeing brake tested and refers to this as a racing incident.

Lewis Hamilton: "I am really disappointed and feel like I let the team down today as I always am the first to blame myself. The whole weekend has not been ideal starting with the accident on Friday, but I will keep my chin up and bounce back at the next race. I messed up at the start as I didn't hit the switch early enough and therefore had not engaged the correct engine setting, and the anti stall kicked in. I lost a lot of places but things were still salvageable at that point. Then I had the incident with Fernando. I was behind him, and I moved to the right, and he moved to the right and that was it - a racing incident I guess. I am confident that we have the pace to be fighting at the front so the confidence is still there. I have had such a good run in Formula 1 until now, and it was almost inevitable that at some point things would go wrong. However there is a long way to go in the Championship and I intend to win it."

Link to article here

He guessed right!

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3392638,00.html

BS BS BS BS all over the place.

Pat Symonds: Telemetry shows Fernando was accelerating...

Allen&Brundle w#nkers!

If you look at the footage at 2min mark you can see Alonso missing the Apex of turn 2 and running wide which means he is too far on the inside to take turn 3 full throttle Hamilton however has a perfect exit out of turn 2 and can take the corner full throttle.

The collision was not investigated so apparently the stewards also felt it was an racing incident.

Hamilton sofar has also made no statements and I think because of all that has happened between these two Hamilton of all people would be the first to tell it to the world if he felt Alonso was driving like a lunatic.

But lets for the sake of argument say Alonso did braketest him.

Why didnt Hamilton take any evasive action? Why didnt he respond angrily by shaking his fist?

He never even lifted and kept going full throttle and after the collision showed no emotion at all.

Judging by his body language and the lack of a response after the race it seems more likely to me he made a mistake fair enough.

Such things can happen and he has allready delivered us some stunning overtaking maneuvres in his short F1 carreer and this one just didnt turn out as he had expected.

I just hope this wont make him less aggressive in the future as I find his aggresive drivingstyle fun to watch.

Good post!

Looks to me like Fernando was defending the inside before the turn and therefore had a much slower line through the corner then Hamilton. As Hamilton took the proper line he was going faster and slammed into Alonso.

When defending position it gererally means drivers take different/inside lines through corners to block the overtake, which holds up the car behind, well, unless the car behind doesnt slow down....

Hamiltons fault imo, he really needs to learn when to wait, reminds me of his lunge at Alonso in Brazil. If he had waited half a lap he could likely have got past no problem.

My thoughts precisely. I would add that if Fernando had lifted, the closing speed would have been very noticeable. As it was, the approach speed and accelaration onto the back of Fernando's car looked quite linear to me. I'm just pleased that Lewis told it the way it was and that we haven't started a pointless bout of Lewis vs Fernando for all the bitch hungry lot to latch onto.

James Allen infuriated me on two counts. Firstly he claimed that Fernando was Lewis's 'arch enemy' which is bollocks. They are in competition with one another and there is no love lost between them. But arch enemies? Come on hair gel boy, this aint a soap opera.

Secondly he likened the incident to when Coulthard and Schumacher collided at Spa '98. Is he eating the hair gel too? Is this what is making him have these dillusions? He even said that it was similar because 'David was coming out of a slow corner too when Michael hit him' What utter bollocks. David was on the run down to bus stop which is the fastest part of the track. He had been informed that Michael was approaching and was trying to stay out of his way. Visibility was attrocious and the closing speed between the two was close to 50 mph. How on earth is this remotely similar to what happened to Fernando and Lewis today? Oh, they collided. Yeah, great comparison, twat face.

I can't see Alonso brake testing Hamilton.

Nope. That because he wasn't.

Perhaps. As Andres says, without telemetry it is hard to tell. He has brake tested people before though.

Yes but when he did before you didn't need telemetry to see it, it was blatant.

My thoughts precisely. I would add that if Fernando had lifted, the closing speed would have been very noticeable. As it was, the approach speed and accelaration onto the back of Fernando's car looked quite linear to me. I'm just pleased that Lewis told it the way it was and that we haven't started a pointless bout of Lewis vs Fernando for all the bitch hungry lot to latch onto.

James Allen infuriated me on two counts. Firstly he claimed that Fernando was Lewis's 'arch enemy' which is bollocks. They are in competition with one another and there is no love lost between them. But arch enemies? Come on hair gel boy, this aint a soap opera.

Secondly he likened the incident to when Coulthard and Schumacher collided at Spa '98. Is he eating the hair gel too? Is this what is making him have these dillusions? He even said that it was similar because 'David was coming out of a slow corner too when Michael hit him' What utter bollocks. David was on the run down to bus stop which is the fastest part of the track. He had been informed that Michael was approaching and was trying to stay out of his way. Visibility was attrocious and the closing speed between the two was close to 50 mph. How on earth is this remotely similar to what happened to Fernando and Lewis today? Oh, they collided. Yeah, great comparison, twat face.

Nope. That because he wasn't.

Yes but when he did before you didn't need telemetry to see it, it was blatant.

Tosh!

:congrats:

I think drivers are much more mature than some media journalists and forum posters around here.

Tosh!

Could you explain yourself further please. I'm not in the mood for one word responses after i go to the trouble of explaining myself with justification.

Could you explain yourself further please. I'm not in the mood for one word responses after i go to the trouble of explaining myself with justification.

Bollocks!