Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Bahrain Gp

Massa did well not to make any mistakes and won..

Kimi i guess was afraid of his engines so he was not going 100% which he usually does

Kubica surrendered at the start..I thought he could have tried to hold ferraries as they were on dirty side of the track. It as just his mentality Ferraris are faster then us and he praqctically let them go

It was nice to see Lewis trying to anal Alonso :D:D

But Fisichella did an amazing job to hold a Faster McCheateren and a faster McMoron driver...FI is doing gr8 they have invested in Fisichella for experience and it is getting them rich dividends in season starting...good choice Mallaya :)

Honda seems to be improving and DC will kill someone..someday...may be he should think to retire

regarding Lewis/Alonso brack/crash testing each other...who cares...let them take each other in every race... two less drivers and advantage ferrari ;)

I love how you simply ignore the facts and driver's explanation and render summary and incorrect conclusions based on your own fantasies. Massa had a better start, but after slowing down due to suspected puncture, Kubica was glued to Kimi who was actually holding him back (opinion of 4 SpeedTV commentators, not mine). As to Fisi, not a bad drive, but not brilliant either.

I admit, I made a mistake of accusing Alonso brake testing Lewis. I am sorry.

Regardless of what others say, I don't really thing Alonso or any driver with common sense would brake test in a crowd of cars.

Lewis expected Alonso to be faster, he was carrying more speed and simply crashed into Alonso's car. The problem what Lewis may be facing in my opinion is that he is simply used to starting on the front grid or somewhere close to front grid, thus never knowing how to tackle messy situations like drivers who start on the middle rows usually. He will learn.

Until I seen the replay from youtube, looking closely at the external view at 2min I thought that Alonso had came out the corner slower than he could/should have. Although there are more explanations for that than 'brake testing'. Driving with no TC exiting a corner on the throttle (and under pressure from a faster car) it would be understandable if he had perhaps gave it a bit much throttle then had to lift to avoid a slide or a spin. These guys are at the top of their game and their reaction times are, at times, almost unbelievably fast.

From my experience its the following driver whose job it is not to hit the one in front (unless more than half alongside) and since there are various reasons why someone would unexpectedly slow down they should be in a position to avoid them if needed. Its a testimony to Fernando

Regardless of what others say, I don't really thing Alonso or any driver with common sense would brake test in a crowd of cars.

Lewis expected Alonso to be faster, he was carrying more speed and simply crashed into Alonso's car. The problem what Lewis may be facing in my opinion is that he is simply used to starting on the front grid or somewhere close to front grid, thus never knowing how to tackle messy situations like drivers who start on the middle rows usually. He will learn.

:congrats:

TBH, I think he should have started F1 racing in a less powerful team. I really think it is much better for a roockie to start in a small team.

When asked about the speculation of a brake test, Alonso said: "Well, Pat Symonds told me now that rumour, and he has printed now the data to show everybody. It is totally rubbish, but what can I do?"

Autosport.com has seen the telemetry data of Alonso's exit from the first corner, and it shows that the Spaniard was flat on the throttle from the exit, did not touch the brake and gained speed in a totally predictable manner.

Symonds, who is Renault's executive director of engineering, said that Alonso had done nothing to contribute to the accident.

"Fernando was coming out of the turn and accelerating down the straight," explained Symonds. "He reached fifth gear, at 227km/h, on full throttle, no touching of the brakes or anything like that. And you can see on the accelerometer the impact. He got hit from behind.

"I think all I can say from our side is that there is no blame attributable to Fernando, which is what some of the speculation might be. But it does say we are not getting onto the straights very well, we are suffering a bit with traction, engine speed and engine torque."

When asked about the view of some experts in the paddock who believed it could have been a brake test, Symonds said: "Well, they are not as expert as they think then. We have the data and there is nothing untoward there. You don't need to be an expert to see that."

+1

:blush:

Great argument going on here.

All I can say is what somebody else's already said around here: drivers are being much more mature than we are. I was appalled when I read that MB was accusing Nando of brake testing Lewis.

Beside the factual proofs. The argument "Nando hates Lewis so much he is capable of doing that" was ludicrous from the start. Both of them have been playing down any resentments they might have for a while now. Nando hates Lewis as much as Lewis hates Nando, so that argument isn't convincing anyways. They had plenty of opportunities to kill each other before. WHy would Nando chose this time to make a suicide move like that?

All I can say is what somebody else's already said around here: drivers are being much more mature than we are. I was appalled when I read that MB was accusing Nando of brake testing Lewis.

Beside the factual proofs. The argument "Nando hates Lewis so much he is capable of doing that" was ludicrous from the start. Both of them have been playing down any resentments they might have for a while now. Nando hates Lewis as much as Lewis hates Nando, so that argument isn't convincing anyways. They had plenty of opportunities to kill each other before. WHy would Nando chose this time to make a suicide move like that?

Barcelona is next, there will be some tests a week before and nobody wants any problem with Hamilton. Mass media can help a lot and I hope they know it and do it.

No, PS2. So far, he only picks up a nervous tick or 2 while playing (he is ADHD due to his medication, so sitting still causes stress). But so far, gaming does not seem to affect his seizures. That's him at my avatar picture (2 years ago).
Let me tell you something, don't let him play too much or he'll start throwing tempers, I used to be childminded with an annoying kid who would go crazy over loseing, happenes to me all the time, well not as bad when I play Call of Duty 4 online but don't let him play too much PS2, might give him the odd twitch but his tempers will go up!

De La Rosa explains it on the video.He says that it was the anti-stall system,the car changed to neutral.

Ahh i missed that on the video...

If you look at the footage at 2min mark you can see Alonso missing the Apex of turn 2 and running wide which means he is too far on the inside to take turn 3 full throttle Hamilton however has a perfect exit out of turn 2 and can take the corner full throttle.

The collision was not investigated so apparently the stewards also felt it was an racing incident.

Hamilton sofar has also made no statements and I think because of all that has happened between these two Hamilton of all people would be the first to tell it to the world if he felt Alonso was driving like a lunatic.

But lets for the sake of argument say Alonso did braketest him.

Why didnt Hamilton take any evasive action? Why didnt he respond angrily by shaking his fist?

He never even lifted and kept going full throttle and after the collision showed no emotion at all.

Judging by his body language and the lack of a response after the race it seems more likely to me he made a mistake fair enough.

Such things can happen and he has allready delivered us some stunning overtaking maneuvres in his short F1 carreer and this one just didnt turn out as he had expected.

I just hope this wont make him less aggressive in the future as I find his aggresive drivingstyle fun to watch.

Thanks for the explaination. This makes the most sense about the incident..

No, PS2. So far, he only picks up a nervous tick or 2 while playing (he is ADHD due to his medication, so sitting still causes stress). But so far, gaming does not seem to affect his seizures. That's him at my avatar picture (2 years ago).

Nice to see him Piotr... :)

Let me tell you something, don't let him play too much or he'll start throwing tempers, I used to be childminded with an annoying kid who would go crazy over loseing, happenes to me all the time, well not as bad when I play Call of Duty 4 online but don't let him play too much PS2, might give him the odd twitch but his tempers will go up!

He already throws tantrums, but he is also limited to 2 hrs saturday and sunday, no gaming on weekdays. he likes playing with Daddy, which makes Mom just roll her eyes... :lol:

Nice to see him Piotr... :)

Thanks. We did visit our Congressmen this weekend to urge them to renew funding for epilepsy research. Apparently, the US soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq are so well protected that the old type wounds (cuts) are down, but the blasts from IEDs cause a lot of brain trauma, and these guys come home and start having seizures. So now the veterans organizations are urgin more funding for epilepsy research too. I'll post our pic in suites outside Carper and Biden (Delaware Senators) offices! :D

Thanks. We did visit our Congressmen this weekend to urge them to renew funding for epilepsy research. Apparently, the US soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq are so well protected that the old type wounds (cuts) are down, but the blasts from IEDs cause a lot of brain trauma, and these guys come home and start having seizures. So now the veterans organizations are urgin more funding for epilepsy research too. I'll post our pic in suites outside Carper and Biden (Delaware Senators) offices! :D

Thats interesting.... Don't seee why the army would have seizures from the war though... :unsure:

He already throws tantrums, but he is also limited to 2 hrs saturday and sunday, no gaming on weekdays. he likes playing with Daddy, which makes Mom just roll her eyes... :lol:

....and has a team mate called Heikki.

Nice to see someone who isnt too proud to admit he made an error in judgement :thbup:

Good point I fully agree with you here.

I was abit surprised to hear MB of all people talk such nonsense as he is usually quite good with his commentary.

I also found the comparison made with the DC and Schumacher crash at Spa hilarious.

Good point I fully agree with you here.

I was abit surprised to hear MB of all people talk such nonsense as he is usually quite good with his commentary.

I also found the comparison made with the DC and Schumacher crash at Spa hilarious.

What do you mean?? They are exactly the same. Indeed, it is only the difference in the colours of the cars that gives it away, otherwise it would be like looking at the same crash :lol:

As for Hammy and Alonso - racing incident don't see the point in micro-analysing every detail. Move on.

Yup...

TBH, I think he should have started F1 racing in a less powerful team. I really think it is much better for a roockie to start in a small team.

I agree.

I dunno, it's his job to speculate and the crash (at first) looked very strange really, he never said it as fact he just speculated - it's not his fault that everyone loves Lewis and runs with his comment. Of course Allen doesn't help...

Maybe its a tactic. I know I would think twice at least about trying a move on DC up the inside...

Indeed. Time to retire me thinks.

I dunno, it's his job to speculate and the crash (at first) looked very strange really, he never said it as fact he just speculated - it's not his fault that everyone loves Lewis and runs with his comment. Of course Allen doesn't help...

Indeed/yup/agreed.