Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goferrarigo

Driver Of The Day

Who was your Driver of the Day?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Driver of the Day?

• Massa
    • Kimi
    • Kubica
    • Nick Heidfeld
    • Kova
    • Trulli
    • Webber
    • Rosberg
    • Others

That would make him a bad driver (a total of drivers who should not be in F1 stands now at 4 or maybe 5) not a Dunce. When you are driving a potentially fastest car on the circuit, and expect others to pull away from you to avoid a crash makes you a Dunce.

And not once but twice.. Hamilton knocked Alonso twice from behind... add to that the fckup at the start and it fully explains the desperation in the british press to find any possible way to divert attention from the best driver in F1 history... and who better to lynch than Alonso....

One can safely assume that the Brundle/Blundell clown parade is not going to apologize now for the false accusations... but we should at least be happy that _this_time_ they didn't throw insults...

Yep, DC's struggling big time at the moment. Wonder when SV are going to swap seats?

If things continue this way at Redbull, SV will be partnered with Webber next season for sure

If things continue this way at Redbull, SV will be partnered with Webber next season for sure

Yep, heard Peter Windsor talking about it pre-race yesterday.

Yep, heard Peter Windsor talking about it pre-race yesterday.

Heard Kubica's interview for Polish TV. He said they (BMW?) had problems with the rear axle at the start, but still managed 2nd, until he run over a debris. Then the car started to swerve all over the track. That's when he thought he had a puncture and slowed down, because nobody told him about the oil. After a few turns car has gotten better and he realised it was oil, but by then Kimi was too close to defend second place. Also, he said he did not believe the Ferraris were giving 100% during the race. Regardless, he felt he had enough speed to defend the second place if he did not slow down on 2nd lap.

Heard Kubica's interview for Polish TV. He said they (BMW?) had problems with the rear axle at the start, but still managed 2nd, until he run over a debris. Then the car started to swerve all over the track. That's when he thought he had a puncture and slowed down, because nobody told him about the oil. After a few turns car has gotten better and he realised it was oil, but by then Kimi was too close to defend second place. Also, he said he did not believe the Ferraris were giving 100% during the race. Regardless, he felt he had enough speed to defend the second place if he did not slow down on 2nd lap.

It would've been a great spectacle to watch, but I think Kimi would've still finished the race in 2nd place.

It would've been a great spectacle to watch, but I think Kimi would've still finished the race in 2nd place.

Agreed.

Felipe gets my vote for "Driver of the Day" great effort to bounce back in style after a shocking start to the year. But still not all that inspiring, just a typical Massa win, lead from lights to flag race, but still good enough for me, given the pressure he has been under recently.

Lewis gets the Dunce of the Day award, hey everybody has a bad race every now and then.

I was also reluctant to give him the DOTD because of just being another typical Massa wins, but as you said, he soaked up those pressures quite well...

Nice avatar. I love you.

My vote is for Alonso. Why? I didn't watch the race and he had no rear downforce according to my "sources."

Thank you.

Let's hope we have as much luck come april 26-27 as the Giants had during their final Superbowl winning drive.

Back on topic why is it Heidfeld is so underrated?

They guy is 2nd in the wdc standing is incredibly consistent and barely gets mentioned by the media.....

Oh and two former teammates whom he was atleast on par with when they all drove for Sauber are now driving for Ferrari.

What's wrong with winning from lights to flag? When you say that Massa doesn't deserve to be the DOD just because he lead the race from the start to the finish, then there's something really wrong with you. He lead the race because of his spetacular qualifying (fastest than his teammate who was lighter than him), because of his good start and because of his impecable overall race. Kimi was never even close of being a threat to him.

When Kimi wins with a team order/pits overtake, it's just a typical boring Kimi win and everyone considers him the DOD.

s##t, I did'nt think of Trulli!!!!!

it seems we all forget trulli.. he's doing agood job at toyota.

Fisi and taht's not just entire my bias either.

Massa was good but not DOTD.

Alonso did well to survive and Hamilton was pants.

Boring race but I enjoyed the result.

Come on. The wing had a bite and, sure, there must have been some loss there... but to say "no rear downforce"... come on.

I told you no matter what you will always get someone voting for him, even if he doesn't start the race. it's just amazing.

What's wrong with winning from lights to flag? When you say that Massa doesn't deserve to be the DOD just because he lead the race from the start to the finish, then there's something really wrong with you. He lead the race because of his spetacular qualifying (fastest than his teammate who was lighter than him), because of his good start and because of his impecable overall race. Kimi was never even close of being a threat to him.

When Kimi wins with a team order/pits overtake, it's just a typical boring Kimi win and everyone considers him the DOD.

I agree with you Massa did everything he needs to do win the race, he drove a perfect and race he was the DOD and he was also DOW (Driver Of the Weekend) he was faster all weekend long and sometimes almost 1 second faster than everybody else.

dude, what are you on...did'nt we reach a consensus that there were no team orders involve? and Massa was beaten to pole, he must have made a few mistakes along the way.......

and it's a real art overtaking at the pits, more risks involved...

We have to do something to inspire people to post. I see alot of usernames in the PPP competition but they don't post anything in the forums. Maybe it's a question for the mods. I suggest maybe a post of the month award, or something, and if we all have to contribute, then so be it. Also, a certain number of postings before being allowed for competition like the PPP...

We have to do something to inspire people to post. I see alot of usernames in the PPP competition but they don't post anything in the forums. Maybe it's a question for the mods. I suggest maybe a post of the month award, or something, and if we all have to contribute, then so be it. Also, a certain number of postings before being allowed for competition like the PPP...

Nah, you don't want that. The kind invitation to join the forums is enough IMO. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad as in other places where those who need posts just pester around, but if someone doesn't want to, why make him? These forums are already amongst the first sites that appear on Google, and I have a strong feeling that anyone who reads them for more than a week will feel the urge to join sooner or later. But still, I feel unworthy of posting here, so maybe other people too...?? xD

dude, what are you on...did'nt we reach a consensus that there were no team orders involve? and Massa was beaten to pole, he must have made a few mistakes along the way.......

and it's a real art overtaking at the pits, more risks involved...

Indeed. Some of those pit lanes are so bloody narrow, you'd swear they wouldn't get 2 cars side by side.

I recomment a bit of Kimi bashing. That always brings them out of the woodwork :whistling::lol:

Nah, you don't want that. The kind invitation to join the forums is enough IMO. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad as in other places where those who need posts just pester around, but if someone doesn't want to, why make him? These forums are already amongst the first sites that appear on Google, and I have a strong feeling that anyone who reads them for more than a week will feel the urge to join sooner or later. But still, I feel unworthy of posting here, so maybe other people too...?? xD

Unworthy?? Why, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah i agree. They shouldn't be any forced posting just to make the forum more active, given teh freedom to join (and leave?) makes more people join and keep coming back...

Given the pressure he had put himself under, Massa did his usual trick of producing a drive that makes you think now I know why Ferrari hired him.

Absolutely. Ferrari have a pair of fast but inconsistent boys. In fact, nobody is really solid at the moment. I think all the drivers are turning into women.

As I said before, he lost the pole due to a wheel spin at the start, but Kimi would have had much harder time with passing him, if Kubi didn't think he had a puncture after picking up oil and debris at several corners. I would bet Kubi will win a race this year.

Yeah hopefully so long as BMW keep it up!