Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

The Bloom Comes Off

Well the bloom has finaly come off of the hammy rose.

What a dismal start for the race and then trying to dry hump Freds car, Aus. was a fluke and I think we are now seeing shades of what will be lewis' year to come.

What a dismal start for the race and then trying to dry hump Freds car, Aus. was a fluke and I think we are now seeing shades of what will be lewis' year to come.

I don't buy it and you should know better! Everyone said Felipe was finished last week.

I don't buy it and you should know better! Everyone said Felipe was finished last week.

Don't talk stupid, Steve. Felipe is finished after last week, what with team orders, etc, he will never win another race. Hang on a min........... :eusa_think::lol:

Not I, and buy now whilst it's bargin ;) (buy Kovy stock that is)

I must say I am a bit concerned for Lewis. Last year was differnt in that he had less expectation and Nando shouldered the bulk of the pressure as team leader - This year he is not only the team leader, against a quick Kovvy, but was also the overwhelming favourite to win the WDC - The pressure and weight of expectation may be too much for him to bear.

:huh:

I hope British media think twice before they say Hamilton is the reincarnation of Ali+Senna+Schumacher+(add whatever name you want)+...

I must say I am a bit concerned for Lewis. Last year was differnt in that he had less expectation and Nando shouldered the bulk of the pressure as team leader - This year he is not only the team leader, against a quick Kovvy, but was also the overwhelming favourite to win the WDC - The pressure and weight of expectation may be too much for him to bear.

Indeed, indeed.

I hope British media think twice before they say Hamilton is the reincarnation of Ali+Senna+Schumacher+(add whatever name you want)+...

Stop being a tosser and grow up mate.

:redcard:

True - it'll be interesting how he deals with it all....

True - it'll be interesting how he deals with it all....

Daddy also. :P

Stop being a tosser and grow up mate.

:redcard:

Is it me?

You will find the tossers near Hamilton I'm afraid.

Tosh! Hamilton will beat Kovy over the season. Whether he can beat Kimi or not depends mainly on the team, but I still think he is the better driver.

Tosh! Hamilton will beat Kovy over the season. Whether he can beat Kimi or not depends mainly on the team, but I still think he is the better driver.

Lewis, IMHO, is the best driver on the grid in terms of raw talent. To win a WDC one needs a lot more than raw talent - Alonso, for example, perhaps has less talent, but stands head and shoulders of all the current crop of drivers in terms of how he handles pressure and expectation. Nando thus has a tad less talent than Lewis, but all things being equal is made of sterner stuff than the young upstart.

I guess history will prove us right or wrong

;)

Lewis, IMHO, is the best driver on the grid in terms of raw talent. To win a WDC one needs a lot more than raw talent - Alonso, for example, perhaps has less talent, but stands head and shoulders of all the current crop of drivers in terms of how he handles pressure and expectation. Nando thus has a tad less talent than Lewis, but all things being equal is made of sterner stuff than the young upstart.

I guess history will prove us right or wrong

The if's and will's GP's started. ;)

The if's and will's GP's started. ;)

Indeed. ;)

This post over on the BBC sums it up for me

you know, here is a 23 year old kid. he's kinda like the front man of this f1 team. no minor feat! the whole world is looking at him and you have at least one whole country expecting him to be the fastest and in front, period.

what can you do? how can you win in a situation like that? i myself cannot even imagine a possible strategy which might help LH. even if he wins, he loses and when stuff happens like today...

its not about a myth. its about a young kid in an incredible difficult situation. he's trying to cope but its hard. 'normally' drivers take a long time to get to where LH is already. but they bring experience and all that boring stuff. LH doesn't have anything like that.

LH is at times doing great, really well. ok, in my opinion he hasn't shown too much but hey, thats me. but just think of the situation the kid is in. and its frightening.

and then maclaren. they are even worse off. they have this huge investment and this enormous image in their team. its a complete nightmare when you think about it. i am convinced ron dennis at times really wonders how he got into this mess and how this wonder child could lead to this terrible situation. maclaren cannot win either. just think about it.

Eh, all legends screw up from time to time.

Senna: Monza 93, Monaco 88, Mexico 90 etc.

Prost: Monaco 82, Imola 91, Brazil 93 etc.

Schumacher: Monaco 96, Monaco 98, Imola 95, Adelaide 93, Adelaide 94, China 05, Suzuka 03, Suzuka 98 etc. etc. etc.

People cling to illusions of drivers as immortal or incapable of mistakes. It's just not true.

Well....

Think the McLaren steering wheel needs some changes this is the third or fourth time they have had similar problems with wrong button being pressed.

The Hammy/Fred crash demonstrated just how poor the performance of the Renault is - if you read the Renault post-race press comments they said he was on full throttle and Pat Symonds admitted that they need to look at their accelleration out of corners. Hammy was also a bit of a plonker but hey everyone makes mistakes.

Kudos to Fred for wringing what he could out of a car that had been compromised.

In terms of his performance afterwards, Ron admitted they went into engine conservation mode as this engine has to last another race and they knew that they would not get points with the position and such a damaged car.

So putting this all together I would not say that it spells the demise of Hammy's career. He was far from being at his best. But let's see how the season progresses.

Well....

Think the McLaren steering wheel needs some changes this is the third or fourth time they have had similar problems with wrong button being pressed.

The Hammy/Fred crash demonstrated just how poor the performance of the Renault is - if you read the Renault post-race press comments they said he was on full throttle and Pat Symonds admitted that they need to look at their accelleration out of corners. Hammy was also a bit of a plonker but hey everyone makes mistakes.

Kudos to Fred for wringing what he could out of a car that had been compromised.

In terms of his performance afterwards, Ron admitted they went into engine conservation mode as this engine has to last another race and they knew that they would not get points with the position and such a damaged car.

So putting this all together I would not say that it spells the demise of Hammy's career. He was far from being at his best. But let's see how the season progresses.

Indeed. You would think, if nothing else, that Kimi's situation, only a year ago, would enlighten people to what can happen during the course of a season :lol:

Hey, how can you say taht kind of stuff about Hamilton? Don't you remember Kimi having problems so many times that finally everyone thought he was the culprit for all of them? xD

Plus, after he sees that not everything is perfect he will be wiser. And, he still can win this championship by more than 1 point :P

This post over on the BBC sums it up for me

And who you think has put him in such a terrible situation?

Indeed. You would think, if nothing else, that Kimi's situation, only a year ago, would enlighten people to what can happen during the course of a season :lol:

Indeed Paul!

I think you're all finally seeing the hamilton I saw in GP2, away from the wins. Kovy, despite getting 5th/whatever in the last 3 gps is also not all that, they could have got a much better driver in that mclaren than him.