Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

The Bloom Comes Off

I know that even you don't believe that though :whistling:

If one considers what it is believed by some around here, what I said amounts to nothing much by comparison.

However, in my case, it has nothing to do with believing anything but with evaluating propositions... which in this case was that, _if_ Hamilton does not pay off, we would probably have to go back to the British GP to find the blow out... and, yes, it was amussing to consider it out loud knowing some would flip out...

I don't believe that. If Fernando was behind his team mate and mathematically out of the fight i think, if instructed he would assist. Fernando fought with McLaren and Lewis because he believed he was not fighting on equal terms. Whether that was true or not is not important, but it's completely different from what you are talking about.

There is truth in what you say.

I would only add that I suspect Alonso started to work on a "way out" from mid-season and that he used the media to his advantage in order to be able to put pressure on McLaren so that when the time came....

Might be that you are right, but it is clear that he was in war with his team. And inteligent driver should not find himself in such position. I did not like his public fight with the team and throwing suspitions in all directions. You could get impression that he never ever makes mistakes, it was always conspiracy to hurt him. Something really did not go well in that team, and from the outside it is impossible to tell what, but how he handled it is something that I did not like. With his handling he painted picture of bitter man, that is complaining all the time, revengeful, team screwed up always, he is never wrong... definitely not a positive picture.

On the other hand, it is easy to think that having a rookie English boy that happens to have darker skin complexion (Some yellow and brown guys are there for decades and now black is sensation, WTF) in English team doing very well gains more media attention than Spaniard already a double WC doing well. So for McLaren it was financially more benefitial to have Lewis doing better than Fernando; when they found out that Lewis in the same car in certain circumstances can be faster then Fernando, they tried to snatch the oportunity.

I wonder... one cannot but get the feeling that what happened to those morons last season was a combination of incompetence, stupidity, and survival. All the players did and said what they could to make it through....just consider that the (presumably) most able man of the lot, RD, looked like a drunk improvising infantile lie after infantile lie...