Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

The Bloom Comes Off

Kimi had a terrible Aus GP

Massa made mistakes at the Malaysian GP

Now its Hammys turn at Bahrain.

So Kova next to have a bad weekend/race in Spain?

Every driver has their bad races, but to me this will only make Hamilton stronger as he's never experienced a nightmare race before (unless you count Brazil last year as one). This all adds to experience.

Just shows how much pressure and expectations the championship contenders are under. Especially with BMW joining the party now.

What happened to the guys that wanted Nakajima off F1 for screwing up at his pitstop? (And it was the guy's first race!)

What about those who called for Massa's lynching? (I still think the guy sucks, BTW)

Nobody laughs anymore like you did when Sato used to go banzai at the start?

Lewis did everything horribly wrong this weekend. If anybody else did that to the Golden Boy, you all would have gone to the culprit's house and broke all his windows.

Just face it. The Golden Boy is not that Golden. He is great, of course. He is still one of the best drivers in the grid. But this weekend showed how lame he can be, sometimes. Nobody would get hurt for admitting that he sucked big time through all the weekend. Yet, people instantly cried "foul! foul!" against Nando... :P

Welcome to the mortal's world Lewis. Now tell Daddy to shut the **** up. As for you, when you are good, you are great. But when you are bad...geez! Let's foget about this weekend and move onto the next GP. I know you will eventually come back and be up to great things. This was just a reminder that being humble once in a while can sometimes turn an awful weekend into a learning lesson. You are lucky that Nando's race was crap from the start. Otherwise...oh, how I would have liked a little fist fight between both! Piquet Sr., they're not built like you anymore!

Btw,I'd like to watch a race with the ITV commentary to listen to Allen and Brundle...I think I have more respect for the 2nd than he deserves...

Lobato and Serrano are school boys compared to those two.

Lobato and Serrano are school boys compared to those two.

:lol: Yeah,I don't have any respect for them.Appart from Lobato not being able of telling appart a McLaren and a Force India,they go off topic more often than pabloh20...and yeah,that's possible!Ahh,if good old Pedro wasn't with us... -_-

What happened to the guys that wanted Nakajima off F1 for screwing up at his pitstop? (And it was the guy's first race!)

What about those who called for Massa's lynching? (I still think the guy sucks, BTW)

Nobody laughs anymore like you did when Sato used to go banzai at the start?

Lewis did everything horribly wrong this weekend. If anybody else did that to the Golden Boy, you all would have gone to the culprit's house and broke all his windows.

Just face it. The Golden Boy is not that Golden. He is great, of course. He is still one of the best drivers in the grid. But this weekend showed how lame he can be, sometimes. Nobody would get hurt for admitting that he sucked big time through all the weekend. Yet, people instantly cried "foul! foul!" against Nando... :P

Welcome to the mortal's world Lewis. Now tell Daddy to shut the **** up. As for you, when you are good, you are great. But when you are bad...geez! Let's foget about this weekend and move onto the next GP. I know you will eventually come back and be up to great things. This was just a reminder that being humble once in a while can sometimes turn an awful weekend into a learning lesson. You are lucky that Nando's race was crap from the start. Otherwise...oh, how I would have liked a little fist fight between both! Piquet Sr., they're not built like you anymore!

Pah! Lewis would cream him and you know it! :lol:

The biggest difference, I find, is the way the driver's get treated by the media/public, or certainly the way I perceive it. When Alonso has a bad race, at least up until last year, he just had a bad race. His career was never over, nor was his talent questioned by 1 bad race, or even several. That's because he was fighting against the almighty evil Schumacher, so in the media/public he was forgiven a few sins because he had managed to win the WDC against the evil empire. Cue evil laugh.

And let's be honest, the only people who cried foul, as far as I know, were the ITV commentary team. Nobody else has cried foul, definitely not Lewis. Lewis has not done himself any favours in the public's mind with the way he acted last year, but there is little he can do about something like this, where a controversy has started whilst he is still driving the race.

He hasn't had a good weekend, for sure, but we don't know how much was down to car damage. McLaren have already said they preserved the engine as they knew he had damage that was affecting his car. That may be true, maybe not, however it does seem reasonably likely as Lewis may have sucked, but he couldn't suck by that much of a margin compared to qualifying, free practice, etc.

:lol: Yeah,I don't have any respect for them.Appart from Lobato not being able of telling appart a McLaren and a Force India,they go off topic more often than pabloh20...and yeah,that's possible!Ahh,if good old Pedro wasn't with us... -_-

That's a disgusting comment to make and you know it. Nobody, but nobody goes off topic as much as me and I'll have words with anyone who suggests otherwise.

I still remember 2006 when Pedro took Montoya's car and he left them... Lobato wanted Pedro to comment from the car. :lol:

Just joking!

That's a disgusting comment to make and you know it. Nobody, but nobody goes off topic as much as me and I'll have words with anyone who suggests otherwise.

Show us! :P

:lol:

I suggest otherwise.And now that I'm at it,I suggest you change clothes.

:lol:

I suggest otherwise.And now that I'm at it,I suggest you change clothes.

If you want to see me nekkid, just say so, don't try and hide your ulterior motives :lol:

If you want to see me nekkid, just say so, don't try and hide your ulterior motives :lol:

Come on,ze Pablo!You've been a naughty boy und du know it!

Pah! Lewis would cream him and you know it! :lol:

The biggest difference, I find, is the way the driver's get treated by the media/public, or certainly the way I perceive it. When Alonso has a bad race, at least up until last year, he just had a bad race. His career was never over, nor was his talent questioned by 1 bad race, or even several. That's because he was fighting against the almighty evil Schumacher, so in the media/public he was forgiven a few sins because he had managed to win the WDC against the evil empire. Cue evil laugh.

Yup, and that is what I was making fun of. I, for once, am happy to live in a country with no local F1 drivers involved. I saw a few minutes of the SPanish transmission on Youtube (the moment of the accident) and they were jumping and screaming "Is off!!! Lewis is off the race!!!" as if it was Christmas.

I heard ITV commentary during the race and it was nauseating to hear those guys as if Nando was already judged of chheating and being convicted. At the end of the race they sounded less convinced which I thought it was good, until I read in some crappy website that they were asking McLaren to start an investigation over Alonso's actions.

It's perception, or bias that made me mad. FedUp posted an article saying that Lewis crashing against Nando was not that bad, considering that the guy is young and blah blah blah. As if the rest of the paddock was 50+ years so he is the only one that can do such a bogus move and get out with it!

I am not calling for a Lewis lynching. I am just taking note for the next guy who makes such a stupid move so people thinks twice before jumping at the next guy's throat.

And let's be honest, the only people who cried foul, as far as I know, were the ITV commentary team. Nobody else has cried foul, definitely not Lewis. Lewis has not done himself any favours in the public's mind with the way he acted last year, but there is little he can do about something like this, where a controversy has started whilst he is still driving the race.

He hasn't had a good weekend, for sure, but we don't know how much was down to car damage. McLaren have already said they preserved the engine as they knew he had damage that was affecting his car. That may be true, maybe not, however it does seem reasonably likely as Lewis may have sucked, but he couldn't suck by that much of a margin compared to qualifying, free practice, etc.

True, I am not accusing Lewis of crying foul, btw. I am sorry if it sounded that way. On the contrary, like I posted somewhere else, both him and Nando acted in a much more mature way than we public and commentary teams did. And if Nando and Lewis can be less childish than we are, then we are doing something horribly wrong! :P

By "Lewis sucked" I didn't mean to his race pace. It was obviously down to his previous antics which ruined any chance whatsoever he ha d while still in 10th place. But his crash in Practice 2, followed by his less than memorable race was really a sign that he can have an awful weekend. Something most of us knew, of course, and it shouldn't mean the end of LH, after all, I am yet to see a driver no matter how great that never had a crappy weekend.

The biggest difference for me is that many people are crazy enough to think Alonso can risk his superlicence for such a stupid pleasure like feeling Hamilton crashing into his Renault. Whenever Alonso does something against Hamilton it is not because he is a competitive b#####d but because he hates Hamilton. No way! I'm fed up with all that Alonso-Hamilton controversy. When it was between Schumi and Nando it was much fairer, it was because both wanted to win and they would do anything to reach the title and nobody questioned that. But now? Is Alonso allowed to hold Hamilton? No, because Alonso is not going to win WDC this year and he is supposed to let him go?

:icon2_yuk:

I'm fed up with all that Alonso-Hamilton controversy. When it was between Schumi and Nando it was much fairer, it was because both wanted to win and they would do anything to reach the title and nobody questioned that. But now?

English press was not taking sides in Schumacher-Alonso fight. That is only reason that it was more fair. You should look up what kind of articles we were getting in English press before football game on Wembley Croatia-England last year. So they learn by being beaten...

Come on,ze Pablo!You've been a naughty boy und du know it!

Awww, you know I prefer your Spanish accent. When you do the German one, it's just not as horny erotic natural :whistling:

Yup, and that is what I was making fun of. I, for once, am happy to live in a country with no local F1 drivers involved. I saw a few minutes of the SPanish transmission on Youtube (the moment of the accident) and they were jumping and screaming "Is off!!! Lewis is off the race!!!" as if it was Christmas.

I heard ITV commentary during the race and it was nauseating to hear those guys as if Nando was already judged of chheating and being convicted. At the end of the race they sounded less convinced which I thought it was good, until I read in some crappy website that they were asking McLaren to start an investigation over Alonso's actions.

It's perception, or bias that made me mad. FedUp posted an article saying that Lewis crashing against Nando was not that bad, considering that the guy is young and blah blah blah. As if the rest of the paddock was 50+ years so he is the only one that can do such a bogus move and get out with it!

I am not calling for a Lewis lynching. I am just taking note for the next guy who makes such a stupid move so people thinks twice before jumping at the next guy's throat.

Errmmmmm aren't you normally the one that is jumping down the guy's throat :eusa_think::lol:

That's my point, the whole 'controversy', as far as I can tell, has come from Martin making the suggestion. I don't mind MB commentating, but it's his tendency towards cynicism that I don't like. Like the way he calls an accident brain fade before finding out all the facts, etc. In this instance, accusing Alonso without considering the facts, because if it was anyone else other than Alonso, it would not have been questioned.

True, I am not accusing Lewis of crying foul, btw. I am sorry if it sounded that way. On the contrary, like I posted somewhere else, both him and Nando acted in a much more mature way than we public and commentary teams did. And if Nando and Lewis can be less childish than we are, then we are doing something horribly wrong! :P

By "Lewis sucked" I didn't mean to his race pace. It was obviously down to his previous antics which ruined any chance whatsoever he ha d while still in 10th place. But his crash in Practice 2, followed by his less than memorable race was really a sign that he can have an awful weekend. Something most of us knew, of course, and it shouldn't mean the end of LH, after all, I am yet to see a driver no matter how great that never had a crappy weekend.

Massa had been written off too, by many people, after 2 races! Geez, talk about premature. Now, I am not saying if he's going to figure in the title race or not but there will always be circuits where he will shine and this was one of them.

By the way, I don't think free practice has any bearing on a race weekend in the sense of crashes. After all, Schumi was legendary for it, much to Brundle's chagrin. Practice is for finding the limits and you should be having some offs. If you have never spun a car, you've never been trying is Stirling's motto.

By the way, I don't think free practice has any bearing on a race weekend in the sense of crashes. After all, Schumi was legendary for it, much to Brundle's chagrin. Practice is for finding the limits and you should be having some offs. If you have never spun a car, you've never been trying is Stirling's motto.

Good point...

The biggest difference for me is that many people are crazy enough to think Alonso can risk his superlicence for such a stupid pleasure like feeling Hamilton crashing into his Renault. Whenever Alonso does something against Hamilton it is not because he is a competitive b#####d but because he hates Hamilton. No way! I'm fed up with all that Alonso-Hamilton controversy. When it was between Schumi and Nando it was much fairer, it was because both wanted to win and they would do anything to reach the title and nobody questioned that. But now? Is Alonso allowed to hold Hamilton? No, because Alonso is not going to win WDC this year and he is supposed to let him go?

:icon2_yuk:

I admit it's crazy, but it's not unheard of, in years gone by.

The thing is Lewis and Nando have been very fair about it, especially Nando. He hasn't complained about it, at least I haven't heard anything. The team has felt the need to provide proof he did nothing wrong (which he didn't) and still Alonso hasn't complained. Lewis, for his part, never questioned Alonso's driving at all and said he himslef made a mistake. You can't really get much fairer than that in this sport. It's only ancillary figures who are causing trouble.

That's my point, the whole 'controversy', as far as I can tell, has come from Martin making the suggestion. I don't mind MB commentating, but it's his tendency towards cynicism that I don't like. Like the way he calls an accident brain fade before finding out all the facts, etc. In this instance, accusing Alonso without considering the facts, because if it was anyone else other than Alonso, it would not have been questioned.

To be fair, Paul, as i mentioned earlier in my discussion with fedup, i don't think Martin directly accused Fernando, he merely suggested it was a possibility. The difficulty comes from people believing every word a commentator says without making their own analysis. Yes, Brundle has a tendancy to sneer instead of cheer but it's all about whether you are prepared to make your own conclusions or purely believe his.

I can think of many times that he has said something that i have known to be incorrect because he has missed something visual during the race.

What was good was that Martin's insinuation forced Symonds to come out and make the telemetry visible. In other words, the thing that might have only been whispered by some was shouted by Brundle but quicky dispelled with the evidence we all wanted. That might have annoyed Fernando but it was good for his reputation and informative for us.

To be fair, Paul, as i mentioned earlier in my discussion with fedup, i don't think Martin directly accused Fernando, he merely suggested it was a possibility. The difficulty comes from people believing every word a commentator says without making their own analysis. Yes, Brundle has a tendancy to sneer instead of cheer but it's all about whether you are prepared to make your own conclusions or purely believe his.

I can think of many times that he has said something that i have known to be incorrect because he has missed something visual during the race.

What was good was that Martin's insinuation forced Symonds to come out and make the telemetry visible. In other words, the thing that might have only been whispered by some was shouted by Brundle but quicky dispelled with the evidence we all wanted. That might have annoyed Fernando but it was good for his reputation and informative for us.

Didn't he say something along the lines of 'surely Alonso must have lifted off the throttle' when referring to the speed differential between them?

I never believe Brundle's conclusions, to be honest, purely for his tendency to speak first and think later. In this instance, though, he just starts off a chain of reaction that ends up with Kravitz asking McLaren if they are going to take any action.

Personally, I don't think Renault should have been put in the position where they felt the need to provide any evidence. It just never looked like a brake-test, throttle lift off, or whatever, it looked like Lewis misjudged it and Alonso should never have been questioned, as far as I am concerned.

Come now people...isn't it plain to see that Lewis was still blinded having seen Max's bare a## all week?

Well the bloom has finaly come off of the hammy rose.

What a dismal start for the race and then trying to dry hump Freds car, Aus. was a fluke and I think we are now seeing shades of what will be lewis' year to come.

It's too early to tell.

Somewhat possible though is that McLaren, as a team, will lose performance as the season goes on.

Anyway, Hamilton is very good. He will bounce back.... another issue is whether or not he will survive the lewisterics demand that he is the best driver in F1 history....

Is it me?

You will find the tossers near Hamilton I'm afraid.

That is the biggest problem Hamilton faced last season and faces still... deification. Hamilton will never mature as a driver until he climbs down the mountain and takes a good look at the leeches around him before sending them to hell... for instance, get a real job daddy!!

The irony is in the proof.... you hear the lewisterics lament about "expectations" as if it were not have been the lewisterics themselves who created them... even with unusual violence... what a tragic as well as hilarious situation.

Anyway, lucky Alonso escaped the lynching mob and saved his neck one more time... from an angry crowd of true F1 haters that went after him to divert attention for the many fckups Hamilton was solely responsible during the GP and that include the fact Hamilton rammed Alonso TWICE.... from behind, you know, as a remainder of last season.....

Bah, every driver has his bad day. If his team can deliver, Hamilton will too. We all know he's good.

I have a feeling though, that Hamilton will rue last year's championship loss, as this season will be harder for him now that Kubi and Heidi are claiming their share of the points on offer.