Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

The Bloom Comes Off

One thing I definately didn't like.

Twice Hamilton made pretty p**sed off hand gestures towards Sato first (I think) and then Fischy second (definately) when he eventually passed them after spending a few laps behind.

If he was lapping them and they held him up, then okay, but he wasn't! They were battling for track position and they had every right to drive as hard / defensively as the could. p**sy little gestures from Hamilton made him look like a spoilt brat. Just because you're in a mclaren doesn't mean you don't have to race like the rest of the drivers around 14th place.

Dissapointing.

Didn't he say something along the lines of 'surely Alonso must have lifted off the throttle' when referring to the speed differential between them?

I never believe Brundle's conclusions, to be honest, purely for his tendency to speak first and think later. In this instance, though, he just starts off a chain of reaction that ends up with Kravitz asking McLaren if they are going to take any action.

Personally, I don't think Renault should have been put in the position where they felt the need to provide any evidence. It just never looked like a brake-test, throttle lift off, or whatever, it looked like Lewis misjudged it and Alonso should never have been questioned, as far as I am concerned.

You forgot to add a critical piece of punctuation; "?" What's wrong with asking the question? Your point isn't lost on me Paul, but if Brundle was walking around saying "No, i still think he lifted" having had no condemnation from Lewis, no problems from McLaren and all the evidence from Renault then i would say you had a point. Introducing the notion is not harmful.

Police officers don't stop asking awkward questions in the pursuit of truth just because it may hurt someones feelings.

Twice Hamilton made pretty p**sed off hand gestures towards Sato first (I think) and then Fischy second (definately) when he eventually passed them after spending a few laps behind.

If he was lapping them and they held him up, then okay, but he wasn't! They were battling for track position and they had every right to drive as hard / defensively as the could. p**sy little gestures from Hamilton made him look like a spoilt brat. Just because you're in a mclaren doesn't mean you don't have to race like the rest of the drivers around 14th place.

Dissapointing.

Lewis flapping at Sato was probably a venting of his own frustration. You are slung down low, you cannot use body language and no one can see your face. What's at your disposal? Let me remind you that Fernando too was waving a someone who he was racing for position, it doesn't mean much. How the hell you conclude he is a spoilt brat from that i'll never know.

Next you'll be saying that an anti clockwise hand movement with an index finger angled at fourteen degrees is a clear sign that a driver is trying to demonstrate his feelings regarding the political situation in Zimbabwe with specific reference to the shambolic need for a second vote and that a clockwise movement shows alliegiance to Mugabe.

Hamilton has only scored 16 points in the last 5 races

And 10 of those were from a win. Thats very poor record considering the level of the car hes been driving. A very high level of incidents in those last 5 races also.

Wore out his tyres at China.

Ran off entering the pits and got beached in gravel trap.

Ran off at brazil and lost positions, and arguably caused the 'gear box problem' which ended his WC

Turned off his brain in qualifying at sepang and penalized for blocking, which ruined his race.

Big crash in bahrain practice.

Screwed up race start.

Rammed Alonso, and ruined race.

In the last 5 races hes been very sloppy and error prone. Seems hes only good when hes on pole and can do what he does best which is just drive as fast as possible. Once that program is disrupted and things get in the way, the wheels fall off. Ive yet to see him drive through the field and consolidate a race with smart race craft. Its either dominate from pole with no cars around him or sloppy racing.

http://forums.autosport.com/showthread.php?threadid=100534

And from Drib's mate ;)

I

You forgot to add a critical piece of punctuation; "?" What's wrong with asking the question? Your point isn't lost on me Paul, but if Brundle was walking around saying "No, i still think he lifted" having had no condemnation from Lewis, no problems from McLaren and all the evidence from Renault then i would say you had a point. Introducing the notion is not harmful.

Police officers don't stop asking awkward questions in the pursuit of truth just because it may hurt someones feelings.

I am afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on this one , Steve. If, after seeing a replay a couple of times, Martin said I think Alonso lifted, then I would have no problems with that. Then, introduction of the notion is not harmful, but it's not really helpful, given the history between them and for the implication to Alonso's reputation. However if that's Martin's opinion then he is absolutely right to express it, it's part of his job, after all. The problem I have, is of the insinuation first without really seeing the incident properly. My first thought when seeing the incident was that Lewis had driven into the back of Alonso. However, I know your first thoughts were that Alonso had lifted, obviously MB's too, so it 's not like it was a clear cut thing, unlike some other incidents over the years :whistling:

I don't want it to sound like I am attacking MB, I like the guy, aside from the tendency to veer on the side of cynicism, but I think in the main, he does a good job. Indeed, his grid walk is sometimes the best part of the race weekend! :lol:

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3396120,00.html

Just goes to show we were *all* wrong and it was in fact an aero failure of the front wing.

Next time us armchair critics should perhaps hold back from blaming anyone until the facts are known?

Funny really as there has been such a fuss on this forum and the actual people affected - Fernando and Lewis don't seem that bothered.

Time to move on methinks.

Lewis flapping at Sato was probably a venting of his own frustration. You are slung down low, you cannot use body language and no one can see your face. What's at your disposal? Let me remind you that Fernando too was waving a someone who he was racing for position, it doesn't mean much. How the hell you conclude he is a spoilt brat from that i'll never know.

True.

Alonso said it was his own frustration with the car wheel spinning when he was nearly passing Glock. Probably it was very frustrating for Hamilton that he could not pass a Force India, he might have his car damaged. Probably there was nothing wrong with Fisichella either.

Just goes to show we were *all* wrong and it was in fact an aero failure of the front wing.

Next time us armchair critics should perhaps hold back from blaming anyone until the facts are known?

Funny really as there has been such a fuss on this forum and the actual people affected - Fernando and Lewis don't seem that bothered.

Indeed. I apologise for insinuating it was Lewis' fault, if this new information is correct :whistling:

However, it had been said by a few people already, Meanioni, that the driver's were being sensible over the incident. Fair play to them.

Next you'll be saying that an anti clockwise hand movement with an index finger angled at fourteen degrees is a clear sign that a driver is trying to demonstrate his feelings regarding the political situation in Zimbabwe with specific reference to the shambolic need for a second vote and that a clockwise movement shows alliegiance to Mugabe.

I hope you're not suggesting that it's not showing allegiance to Mugabe :eusa_think::lol:

Awww, you know I prefer your Spanish accent. When you do the German one, it's just not as horny erotic natural :whistling:

:lol:

Back to routine?Ok,but this time you'll play the 'scouser gangsta',ok? :whistling:

Back to routine?Ok,but this time you'll play the 'scouser gangsta',ok? :whistling:

Ok, you can play the gorgeous, naked and desparately horny Spanish schoolgirl who is seduced by me the illicit attraction of the Scouse underworld........................................again.

elgo, it's time you post a pic of yourself in the Pics of you thread.... we need to check out if pabloh has it right with the gorgous naked desperately horny bit... and to top it off, spanish too...it sounds like delightful fun...

elgo, it's time you post a pic of yourself in the Pics of you thread.... we need to check out if pabloh has it right with the gorgous naked desperately horny bit... and to top it off, spanish too...it sounds like delightful fun...

Bradley!!!! Shame on you - I said no such thing!!! If you read it properly, I said 'gorgeous Spanish girl'. I don't know where you get the naked and desparately horny bit, honestly you need to get your mind out the gutter for a change :whistling:

How could they tell if the bridge broke off a few seconds before the accident?? And surely Ron would have his technicans allready doing analysis asit was happening rather than wait for the Guardian to make this story up... I am sorry but i still see it as Hamiltons mistake, which can happen and doesn't mean he's crap, but unless i see some guy from Mclaren saying this rather than other arm chair experts from a newspaper company i hold it as Hammy's fault...

How could they tell if the bridge broke off a few seconds before the accident?? And surely Ron would have his technicans allready doing analysis asit was happening rather than wait for the Guardian to make this story up... I am sorry but i still see it as Hamiltons mistake, which can happen and doesn't mean he's crap, but unless i see some guy from Mclaren saying this rather than other arm chair experts from a newspaper company i hold it as Hammy's fault...

<sigh> http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/mclaren-...php?article=113

Indeed. I apologise for insinuating it was Lewis' fault, if this new information is correct :whistling:

However, it had been said by a few people already, Meanioni, that the driver's were being sensible over the incident. Fair play to them.

True, I was just keen to avoid another interminable Alonso vs Hamilton thread....

(we all know it was Ron Dennis' fault anyway) :D:D:D

I find it invigorating to be able to discuss something at length with someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about a subject. When that person is not biased and is objective it makes it all the more enjoyable. That's what happened here and long may it continue.

I didn't make a fuss and never thought that Lewis or Fernando were bothered, i just found it interesting to discuss. When two parties respectfully disagree and can't bring anymore to the discussion, that's when it's time to move on. I like to think i know when that time is.

Now, i hope we all agree that i'm right about everything, let's move on............

Indeed. You would think, if nothing else, that Kimi's situation, only a year ago, would enlighten people to what can happen during the course of a season :lol:

Indeed! Short memories..

What happened to the guys that wanted Nakajima off F1 for screwing up at his pitstop? (And it was the guy's first race!)

What about those who called for Massa's lynching? (I still think the guy sucks, BTW)

Nobody laughs anymore like you did when Sato used to go banzai at the start?

Lewis did everything horribly wrong this weekend. If anybody else did that to the Golden Boy, you all would have gone to the culprit's house and broke all his windows.

Just face it. The Golden Boy is not that Golden. He is great, of course. He is still one of the best drivers in the grid. But this weekend showed how lame he can be, sometimes. Nobody would get hurt for admitting that he sucked big time through all the weekend. Yet, people instantly cried "foul! foul!" against Nando... :P

Welcome to the mortal's world Lewis. Now tell Daddy to shut the **** up. As for you, when you are good, you are great. But when you are bad...geez! Let's foget about this weekend and move onto the next GP. I know you will eventually come back and be up to great things. This was just a reminder that being humble once in a while can sometimes turn an awful weekend into a learning lesson. You are lucky that Nando's race was crap from the start. Otherwise...oh, how I would have liked a little fist fight between both! Piquet Sr., they're not built like you anymore!

Yup, yup. The best usually have really bad days when they have bad days...

Bah, every driver has his bad day. If his team can deliver, Hamilton will too. We all know he's good.

I have a feeling though, that Hamilton will rue last year's championship loss, as this season will be harder for him now that Kubi and Heidi are claiming their share of the points on offer.

Good post!

Dissapointing.

I'm not sure about that...I like a driver who thinks it's his right to win and the rest are monkeys.

I agree, good advice - but the discussions were mostly good.

I find it invigorating to be able to discuss something at length with someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about a subject. When that person is not biased and is objective it makes it all the more enjoyable. That's what happened here and long may it continue.

I didn't make a fuss and never thought that Lewis or Fernando were bothered, i just found it interesting to discuss. When two parties respectfully disagree and can't bring anymore to the discussion, that's when it's time to move on. I like to think i know when that time is.

Now, i hope we all agree that i'm right about everything, let's move on............

I agree, especially the last bit.

[quote name='dribbler' post='246803' date='Apr 7 2008, 06:27 PM']Now, i hope we all agree that i'm right about everything, let's move on............[/quote]

I was being grumpy, sorry Drib/everyone - lack of sleep.

I apologise from the heart of my bottom :D

I was being grumpy, sorry Drib/everyone - lack of sleep.

I apologise from the heart of my bottom :D

It's OK, I we're all still suffering from the Mosley video...including Mosley himself :lol:

Yes, on that we can agree, Steve!

Hamilton is a sophomore driver. The only ones picking him to win the WDC are loyal British Racing fans. Saying he has more talent then Alonso is a little wishful thinking.

The guy is a good driver. He had a stellar rookie season, but to say anything more then that is premature. Lets face it he blew it last year, under pressure and now the pressure is on him all the time. Welcome to F1. You have to handle it all. Franky we just don't know enough about him under pressure.