Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

The Bloom Comes Off

Hamilton is a sophomore driver. The only ones picking him to win the WDC are loyal British Racing fans. Saying he has more talent then Alonso is a little wishful thinking.

The guy is a good driver. He had a stellar rookie season, but to say anything more then that is premature. Lets face it he blew it last year, under pressure and now the pressure is on him all the time. Welcome to F1. You have to handle it all. Franky we just don't know enough about him under pressure.

Yeah, because we all know real champions never succumb to pressure, especially in a championship finale. I mean Schumacher never did...well... not often... four times... but Schumacher didn't make rookie mistakes sometimes, right? Guess again.

Look, Lewis is gorram fast, there's no denying it, people are just demanding ridiculous ammounts from him and jumping on every little slip-up. Even the greatest drivers have bad weekends or suffer from expectations. Except for Senna. Senna still made mistakes like the other greats but he was a maniac who expected more of himself than even his biggest fans so expectations didn't really weigh with him.

Here's a video of how it all went down. Now the piece that supposedly came off of Lewis' wing came off way earlier, though the front wing was quite clearly broken before he hit 'nando.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOj6E2XRGDs&hl=en

Wonderful video!

But after watching it closely (as close as you can watch in a Youtube quality video) I can't see this:

'It subsequently emerged that the aerodynamic "bridge" connecting the two sides of the front wing across the nose of the McLaren had failed a couple of seconds before he plunged into the back of the Spaniard,' reports the Guardian

The part fell off not a couple of seconds before, but more than a lap before. His car didn't show any signs of having "surges" of speed at any moment before the crash. It is noticeably, though, how close he got a couple of times to Fernando previously. As for the crash itself, the car seems to be in the same condition as it was in the lap before. But the images disprove totally the brake testing theory, as Nando does not seem to be doing anything unusual. The speed difference, though, is worrying as it means the Renault had almost no acceleration on the exit of the corner.

How could they tell if the bridge broke off a few seconds before the accident?? And surely Ron would have his technicans allready doing analysis asit was happening rather than wait for the Guardian to make this story up... I am sorry but i still see it as Hamiltons mistake, which can happen and doesn't mean he's crap, but unless i see some guy from Mclaren saying this rather than other arm chair experts from a newspaper company i hold it as Hammy's fault...

We know becuase it is never Hamilton's fault. You must have noticed just like we all have, From the poor start to the "poking" of other drivers, McLaren is quick to tell us it is never Hamilton's fault... a necessity arising from selling Hamilton over Alonso last season that now they don't know how to overcome.... after all, if Hamilton sinks this year, questions regarding last season will be very very difficult to answer....

Hamilton is a sophomore driver. The only ones picking him to win the WDC are loyal British Racing fans. Saying he has more talent then Alonso is a little wishful thinking.

The guy is a good driver. He had a stellar rookie season, but to say anything more then that is premature. Lets face it he blew it last year, under pressure and now the pressure is on him all the time. Welcome to F1. You have to handle it all. Franky we just don't know enough about him under pressure.

I don't know much about Franky in general.. :P

Wonderful video!

But after watching it closely (as close as you can watch in a Youtube quality video) I can't see this:

The part fell off not a couple of seconds before, but more than a lap before. His car didn't show any signs of having "surges" of speed at any moment before the crash. It is noticeably, though, how close he got a couple of times to Fernando previously. As for the crash itself, the car seems to be in the same condition as it was in the lap before. But the images disprove totally the brake testing theory, as Nando does not seem to be doing anything unusual. The speed difference, though, is worrying as it means the Renault had almost no acceleration on the exit of the corner.

After looking at the video, these my exact thoughts... Alonso seems to be innoconent this time...

We know becuase it is never Hamilton's fault. You must have noticed just like we all have, From the poor start to the "poking" of other drivers, McLaren is quick to tell us it is never Hamilton's fault... a necessity arising from selling Hamilton over Alonso last season that now they don't know how to overcome.... after all, if Hamilton sinks this year, questions regarding last season will be very very difficult to answer....

After looking at the video it does very much seem to be his fault since he should have realised in the previous lap how close to Alonso he had reached previously...

It's OK, I we're all still suffering from the Mosley video...including Mosley himself :lol:

:D

Ok, who do I have to kill to get footage like that all the time? Whats Bernies address?

....you want more Mosley videos????!!!! :o All the time????!!!! :o:o And what's Bernie got to do with it....???? :D

Oh! you mean the Youtube video Elizabeth published - got me worried for a minute there.... :)

I don't know much about Franky in general.. :P

Who's General Franky?

Who's General Franky?

Who shot who in the what now?

Bradley!!!! Shame on you - I said no such thing!!! If you read it properly, I said 'gorgeous Spanish girl'. I don't know where you get the naked and desparately horny bit, honestly you need to get your mind out the gutter for a change :whistling:

:lol:

mind's been in that gutter for years Pabloh, difficult to get out youknow

After looking at the video it does very much seem to be his fault since he should have realised in the previous lap how close to Alonso he had reached previously...

I am watching the race as I type. This is ITV and I am laughing my head off listening to the crap they are spining for this latest Alonso lynching... little they know that Alonso will live to see another day... hilarious, just hilaroius...

Anyway, Hamilton got impacient. It all happened on the space of a couple of laps while stuck behing Alonso. Driver error on Hamilton's part. That much is evident.

Hey, the ITV "personalities" have just called for a FIA investigation to impale Alonso... I wonder if Hamilton deserves the investigation instead (just joking, of course)....

I am watching the race as I type. This is ITV and I am laughing my head off listening to the crap they are spining for this latest Alonso lynching... little they know that Alonso will live to see another day... hilarious, just hilaroius...

Anyway, Hamilton got impacient. It all happened on the space of a couple of laps while stuck behing Alonso. Driver error on Hamilton's part. That much is evident.

Hey, the ITV "personalities" have just called for a FIA investigation to impale Alonso... I wonder if Hamilton deserves the investigation instead (just joking, of course)....

What I find amusing about you and your 'ilk' is that you apear to be stuck in the past. I understand the Sanish commentators were apoplectc with glee in hamilton's misfortune and appear to be focusing thier engergies on the young lad given that you and they have nothing else to get excited about on track. The rest of the world has moved on from last season and most have forgotten about the musings at Mclaren in 07. You, on the other hand, find amusement in commenting on the Lewis, Ron Dennis or whoever that has indrirectly upset you in the PAST - Might I suggest you move on and get a life as you sound like a very bitter and weird individual.

I fear that your constant bickering is symptomatic of your National psyche.

Just my take

;)

What I find amusing about you and your 'ilk' is that you apear to be stuck in the past. I understand the Sanish commentators were apoplectc with glee in hamilton's misfortune and appear to be focusing thier engergies on the young lad given that you and they have nothing else to get excited about on track. The rest of the world has moved on from last season and most have forgotten about the musings at Mclaren in 07. You, on the other hand, find amusement in commenting on the Lewis, Ron Dennis or whoever that has indrirectly upset you in the PAST - Might I suggest you move on and get a life as you sound like a very bitter and weird individual.

I fear that your constant bickering is symptomatic of your National psyche.

Just my take

;)

:clap3:

Lucky you. My mind very rarely reaches the dizzying heights of gutter level :lol:

Wonderful video!

I thought that too. Ho hum. Maybe it's like one of those magic eye pictures where not everyone can see it and those that do have to stare really hard for ages before they see it :lol:

Ok, you can play the gorgeous, naked and desparately horny Spanish schoolgirl who is seduced by me the illicit attraction of the Scouse underworld........................................again.

Ok,don't forget your paperbag,tho!and this time make two holes so you can see who... ehh...cause last time you...well...some quiet member...ahem...

elgo, it's time you post a pic of yourself in the Pics of you thread.... we need to check out if pabloh has it right with the gorgous naked desperately horny bit... and to top it off, spanish too...it sounds like delightful fun...

Do you really think I'm gorgeus and I've been seduced by Paul?I mean,surely there's something contradictory in that statement? :eusa_think::whistling:

Bradley!!!! Shame on you - I said no such thing!!! If you read it properly, I said 'gorgeous Spanish girl'. I don't know where you get the naked and desparately horny bit, honestly you need to get your mind out the gutter for a change :whistling:

:lol::lol:

Ok,don't forget your paperback,tho!and this time make two holes so you can see who... ehh...cause last time you...well...some quiet member...ahem...

You swore to never mention it again. You know I am still getting over the mental scars..................................and physical, for that matter

Do you really think I'm gorgeus and I've been seduced by Paul?I mean,surely there's something contradictory in that statement? :eusa_think::whistling:

Hey that's not fair. Well, ok it's fair in this instance, but I have taken advantage of met many gorgeous girls with really, really low self esteem :whistling:

:lol: he had a bad race, he won the season opener under similar pressure surely?? The kid will be OK, he just got it wrong this time - it can be expected with drivers like Hamilton who 'go for it' that sometimes they will get it wrong. OK maybe he will make lots of errors this season and suck big time, but I doubt it.

:lol: he had a bad race, he won the season opener under similar pressure surely?? The kid will be OK, he just got it wrong this time - it can be expected with drivers like Hamilton who 'go for it' that sometimes they will get it wrong. OK maybe he will make lots of errors this season and suck big time, but I doubt it.

I agree.

It's only the advent of internet forums that have encouraged people to deem someone great or rubbish so quickly. I remember a time when it took a season or maybe even two before i started bitching about a driver down the pub. It fills posts i suppose but any judgement of Hamilton, even now, is pretty pointless.

He may never be world champion. He may not get the car this year, or in subsequent years. He may lose the plot, he may end up driving for a team that dominates for ten straight years or he may just get close once or twice. He may make bad career decsions, or maybe great ones. In between, he'll drive very fast and impress people. He'll also not drive so well and feed the doomsayers.

There, i think that covers everything. Shall we close the site down and go for a beer or ten? No? thought not. :D

I agree.

It's only the advent of internet forums that have encouraged people to deem someone great or rubbish so quickly. I remember a time when it took a season or maybe even two before i started bitching about a driver down the pub. It fills posts i suppose but any judgement of Hamilton, even now, is pretty pointless.

He may never be world champion. He may not get the car this year, or in subsequent years. He may lose the plot, he may end up driving for a team that dominates for ten straight years or he may just get close once or twice. He may make bad career decsions, or maybe great ones. In between, he'll drive very fast and impress people. He'll also not drive so well and feed the doomsayers.

There, i think that covers everything. Shall we close the site down and go for a beer or ten? No? thought not. :D

Aaaaand...you're right.

But that doersn't necesarily mean that forums are bad. Just imagine your life without TF1, making sense all the time...so sad...

I had a good idea, I've been thinking about it all day at work! I decided it might be nice if I posted a thread for Lewis bashing, because I don't think I've seen one before.

Oh, damn, looks like I got beaten to it.

I had a good idea, I've been thinking about it all day at work! I decided it might be nice if I posted a thread for Lewis bashing, because I don't think I've seen one before.

Oh, damn, looks like I got beaten to it.

Don't feel bad. We still have some positions available for the following:

"JV, why don't you just shut up and sing?"

"Astronomers puzzled: Is the Universe contracting or is it just Nando getting fatter?"

"The Nakajima appreciation thread"

Don't feel bad. We still have some positions available for the following:

"Astronomers puzzled: Is the Universe contracting or is it just Nando getting fatter?"

I thought they were more concerned with the size of his head? (Not to mention that the rest of the world care more about his eyebrow(s?) than his skill as a driver, Max Mosley and global warming put together).