Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Bmw Sauber

Makes no sense right now to say what's gonna happen right now.

For all we know BMW might stick in the fight, they might drop back or they might become dominant and overwhelm Ferrari/McLaren.

Everything is up for speculation.

BMW Sauber have surprised everyone & they might get a win but after seeing Kubica being on pole & dropping down to 2nd before turn 1 then Kimi overtaking him soon after, it might take a little time!

BUT RK was on KR's butt the whole time, he finished only 1.6 sec behind Kimi, and NH was only 8 seconds behind the flag... It was a joy to see the BMWs keeping race pace with Ferrari the whole way.

This race flattered BMW more than it should have. Ferrari would have run away but they were running their engines for a second difficult races they backed off noticably.

Good point, but the BMWs were 18 seconds ahead of Heikki so Nick at least would not have been pushing out there after the last pit stop. They are on fresh engines so they need to think about the next race.

Regardless of the Ferrari engine situation, BMW was keeping exceptional pace..

BMW have always had to take the scraps that are left when Ferrari or McLaren have a bad result. They only time they have gotten on the podium is when one of the top teams has had a blow up or major error... this was one of the first times I've seen the BMWs in the mix, competing on their own merits for the very top spots instead of sitting back in the 5-6 spot waiting for someone to screw up in front...

great stuff!

I think Mclarens CEO, (Whitemarsh is it?) said that he doesn't think they will stay in contension much longer...

Almost all teams are getting aero improvements for Europe so lets see what happens...

Yup, we will have some answers to how the next part of the season will pan out in less than three weeks time in Catalunya.

...no? Guess who set the fastest lap in 2006 at Bahrain? Nico Rosberg. Guess how much he challenged for the title that year? Not much really.

The point is the Ferrari engines are out of phase. BMW were running fresh engines, Ferrari old. Besides, we don't know that Ferrari had to turn down their engines, we just know that the could afford to and still get a 1 - 2 finish. Face it, they weren't even trying that hard. Don't you think it's just a little telling that with it being so supposedly hard to overtake in F1 and with the BMW having such good traction that Kimi picked off Robert so quickly and effortlessly? An off-colour Kimi Raikkonen at that. It's all well and good talking about reliability but they were never a serious threat to win the race and when that has been the case for the first three races of the year you can't expect anyone to believe there's a signficant threat to Ferrari just yet. Besides, these two races are the two toughest races on engines back to back, if you can get both units to survive those without any failures you're doing pretty well..

Agree.

Regardless of the Ferrari engine situation, BMW was keeping exceptional pace..

Indeed.

I think its great BMW are up there with Ferrari and McLaren. The more contenders for the championship the better in my opinion. Now how do we get the Red Bulls up there?............... :eusa_think:

If you told me this would happen in winter testing,

I would of laughed in your face.

Heidfeld also 2nd in the drivers standings.

Hope they can carry on with they're consistancy and flashes of pace, Im sure they will win a race this season too.

I guess you could call me a BMW fan now :P

I just love it!!!!!!!

Im going to go find my posts from before Bmw Sauber came into existance, where I said before long they will be world champions.

Although Im not going to get carried away believing it's just yet, I recon 2009/2010 Could be their year!

BUT RK was on KR's butt the whole time, he finished only 1.6 sec behind Kimi, and NH was only 8 seconds behind the flag... It was a joy to see the BMWs keeping race pace with Ferrari the whole way.

I think after the second pitstops, Ferrari slowed down a lot, while BMW kept on pushing ....

I think its great BMW are up there with Ferrari and McLaren. The more contenders for the championship the better in my opinion. Now how do we get the Red Bulls up there?............... :eusa_think:

Remove all the other 7 teams leaving only STR, RBR, SA, FI and maybe Honda... :P

Hi every1, I'm a big fan of BMW Sauber, just love the idea of three teams at the top, something like 2003 :clap3:

Hi every1, I'm a big fan of BMW Sauber, just love the idea of three teams at the top, something like 2003 :clap3:

...no? Guess who set the fastest lap in 2006 at Bahrain? Nico Rosberg. Guess how much he challenged for the title that year? Not much really.

The point is the Ferrari engines are out of phase. BMW were running fresh engines, Ferrari old. Besides, we don't know that Ferrari had to turn down their engines, we just know that the could afford to and still get a 1 - 2 finish. Face it, they weren't even trying that hard. Don't you think it's just a little telling that with it being so supposedly hard to overtake in F1 and with the BMW having such good traction that Kimi picked off Robert so quickly and effortlessly? An off-colour Kimi Raikkonen at that. It's all well and good talking about reliability but they were never a serious threat to win the race and when that has been the case for the first three races of the year you can't expect anyone to believe there's a signficant threat to Ferrari just yet. Besides, these two races are the two toughest races on engines back to back, if you can get both units to survive those without any failures you're doing pretty well..

Heidfeld had a new engine but not Kubica.

I have huge respect for what BMW Suaber have done, being a Mclaren fan I am happy that they are becoming contenders. To the poster who said that BMW did everything the right way, not like Honda and Toyota I totally agree. I would be happy to see a BMW win this year - I respect them for what they have achieved to date, and what they will no doubt continue to achieve.

Great team and drivers I think.

Hopefully will take some points from Ferrari too!

Good post, I agree.

Makes no sense right now to say what's gonna happen right now.

For all we know BMW might stick in the fight, they might drop back or they might become dominant and overwhelm Ferrari/McLaren.

Everything is up for speculation.

Exactly. The trend suggests improvement but you never know with F1...

A miracle........

then look at him fight with Massa last year in Japan, and reconsider. How manny places did Hamilton drop???
More than 10 I think & then made up a few & then RD started on Williams about fuel shortage :rolleyes: !
Agreed. German cars can kiss my a##.
Especially since the new Vette ZR1 can outrun a Porsche Carrera GT, a very, very extremely loud super/hypecar!

Especially since the new Vette ZR1 can outrun a Porsche Carrera GT, a very, very extremely loud super/hypecar!

Oh really. Well let's see who would be ahead when it comes to going around a corner.

Oh really. Well let's see who would be ahead when it comes to going around a corner.
The ZR1 is supposed to be a track version of the Z06, rivaling the new Viper ACR cos of it's carbon fibre roof so interesting battle between an American super GT car & a German hypercar!]

GEWOOON TORRES, 2-1 TO THE POOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ZR1 is supposed to be a track version of the Z06, rivaling the new Viper ACR cos of it's carbon fibre roof so interesting battle between an American super GT car & a German hypercar!]

GEWOOON TORRES, 2-1 TO THE POOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVERPOOL 4 - 2 ARSENAL

Great!

Liverpooooooooool :D

4-2

What an amazing game of football.

And yes BMW year will probably be 2009 or 2010

but they not far off this year.

No! The Corvette isn't supposed to be a super car! **** you, GM, you're getting everything all wrong!

Oh, and the Red Sox are winning 5-0 over D'roit right now...

No! The Corvette isn't supposed to be a super car! **** you, GM, you're getting everything all wrong!

Oh, and the Red Sox are winning 5-0 over D'roit right now...

Ermmmh...I just won a rock paper scissors tournament against my 4 y.o. nephew (final score 3-2)...

:what: I just wanted to be part of the moment.

Ermmmh...I just won a rock paper scissors tournament against my 4 y.o. nephew (final score 3-2)...

:lol:

Well, for closure, they won 5-0, leaving the Red Sox a mediocre 4-4, and the Detroit Tigers and even worse 0-7. Ouch.

:lol::lol:

Well, I don't know why we're commenting football, but now we're at it, I'm also glad Liverpool won :D

But then didn't his engine blow a lap or something later?

You can't compare the williams and the bmw, the williams in 2006 was never potential pole/race winning material.

:lol::lol:

Well, I don't know why we're commenting football, but now we're at it, I'm also glad Liverpool won :D

Me too. Just got back from the match :lol:

So BMW has to be careful so their engines last for another race, while Ferrari can afford to push, because they get fresh engines the next race... pointless argument.

According to both Massa and Kimi, they WERE trying VERY hard. I guess you know better...

AS I SAID 6 TIMES, both BMW's had trouble off the start in the last 2 races and Mario stated they are looking into this "problem", and as Kimi noted himself, Kubica got into trouble due to oil on the track, otherwise KIMI SAID he probably could NOT overtake Kubica. For the love of God, get your facts before posting...

Again, Massa said " BMW's were awfully close" to taking the first place, again, what is he as compared to you...

And the end of your post is just spin in the best Ron Dennis impersonation.

Thank you for that comic relief.

So BMW has to be careful so their engines last for another race, while Ferrari can afford to push, because they get fresh engines the next race... pointless argument.

According to both Massa and Kimi, they WERE trying VERY hard. I guess you know better...

AS I SAID 6 TIMES, both BMW's had trouble off the start in the last 2 races and Mario stated they are looking into this "problem", and as Kimi noted himself, Kubica got into trouble due to oil on the track, otherwise KIMI SAID he probably could NOT overtake Kubica. For the love of God, get your facts before posting...

Again, Massa said " BMW's were awfully close" to taking the first place, again, what is he as compared to you...

And the end of your post is just spin in the best Ron Dennis impersonation.

Thank you for that comic relief.

Ye good post

i cant add anything all are clearly facts and i hope BMW fix their problem...

keep in tuch