Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Artificial Sperm Takes Men Out Of Equation

- Lab-grown sperm a success

- Scientists say could make men redundant

- Womens' cells used to make sperm

ARTIFICIAL human sperm could come to the aid of infertile men, according to a team of scientists who have used lab-grown sperm to inseminate female mice.

Artificial sperm could also make males totally redundant, permitting women to give birth without a biological male mate.

Genetic scientists at the University of Goettingen in Germany have produced 65 mouse fetuses using sperm that was grown from embryonic stem cells.

Twelve baby mice have been born using this sperm, said Dr Wolfgang Engel, director of Human Genetics at the university.

A sperm cell from an embryonic stem cell would still not give an infertile man a biological tie to his child, however. It would not be any different from using donor sperm.

Dr Engel's team has now turned to generating sperm from very early germ cells taken from the testicles.

Dr Engel said if sperm could be grown in the lab, it would be possible to take early germ cells from one woman, turn them into sperm cells, and use those to fertilise the egg of another woman.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23507447-2,00.html

----------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking that it will only take 1 crazy feminist scientist to creat a virus to kill every male in the world since it means men may not be required to create children? :D

- Lab-grown sperm a success

- Scientists say could make men redundant

- Womens' cells used to make sperm

ARTIFICIAL human sperm could come to the aid of infertile men, according to a team of scientists who have used lab-grown sperm to inseminate female mice.

Artificial sperm could also make males totally redundant, permitting women to give birth without a biological male mate.

Genetic scientists at the University of Goettingen in Germany have produced 65 mouse fetuses using sperm that was grown from embryonic stem cells.

Twelve baby mice have been born using this sperm, said Dr Wolfgang Engel, director of Human Genetics at the university.

A sperm cell from an embryonic stem cell would still not give an infertile man a biological tie to his child, however. It would not be any different from using donor sperm.

Dr Engel's team has now turned to generating sperm from very early germ cells taken from the testicles.

Dr Engel said if sperm could be grown in the lab, it would be possible to take early germ cells from one woman, turn them into sperm cells, and use those to fertilise the egg of another woman.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23507447-2,00.html

----------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking that it will only take 1 crazy feminist scientist to creat a virus to kill every male in the world since it men may not be required to create children? :D

ykick, you come and go, come and post controversial subjects, come and go again.... anyway, good to see you still being faithful to the TF1 gang... :D

ykick, you come and go, come and post controversial subjects, come and go again.... anyway, good to see you still being faithful to the TF1 gang... :D

Well thankyou :P

and yes i do like the controversial topics :D

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking that it will only take 1 crazy feminist scientist to creat a virus to kill every male in the world since it means men may not be required to create children? :D

Yeah right. Science shmience. Dead easy. They put the whole mix in a test tube and shook it really hard - so hard, that they had to change hands and shake it with their other hand. Doh, not much change then?

Ha! I can just hear it in bedrooms across the world. "Darling, I need to place some of this Lab-Sperm into the place where babies comes from. Can I borrow 'Mr Throbbing Injector'? You know, just to give it a prod and make sure it gets there. Several times."

Where will this thread end up? Priceless ykick!

I can't see it killing off demand for the old purple-headed bed-snake.... :)

Besides which, ignoring the obvious moral issues from a scientific perspective - some seriously twisted thinking and lots of trouble in terms of diversity, evolution, etc (oh crap I mentioned the "e" word.....) :)

Why don't they just invent the artificial vagina, give us blokes a fu8cking big island with beer and let the women get all the spiders out of the bath.

Where have you been Sir Medders?

Why don't they just invent the artificial vagina, give us blokes a fu8cking big island with beer and let the women get all the spiders out of the bath.

:lol::lol: Bet Mrs Drib was out when you posted that!

Just busy Steve, stuck in the office tonight for the 'US shift' - damn time difference. Still, I get to watch dozens of youtube F1 clips in between natters. And the 'other' sites Pabloh recommended. :huh:

I'm not too worried about the subject of this article..

It still took a man to make the sperm from stem cells.

:lol:

:lol:

I can't see it killing off demand for the old purple-headed bed-snake.... :)

Besides which, ignoring the obvious moral issues from a scientific perspective - some seriously twisted thinking and lots of trouble in terms of diversity, evolution, etc (oh crap I mentioned the "e" word.....) :)

Yes, but the plastic purple-headed bed-snake is more than able to knock its teeth out... :eusa_think:

Combine the two and :yikes:

Naah, we still serve a purpose in the world. Anyone who thinks all we're good for is sex is a moron.

Or a girl.

But then who'll be around to p**s over a fence??? Nope, I don't think it'll happen.

TWO FARKING VILLAGES!!!!!!!!!!!

Carry on.

For those wishing to subscribe to my newsletter, contact information follows.