Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

Finally, Some Sense.

I read this and was relieved to hear a realistic and non sensationalist view of the whole Max scandal. Whilst some want blood, Vijay says it how it really is, in my opinion;

Mallya: Mosley scandal won't harm Formula 1

08 April 2008 gpupdate.net

Force India Formula 1 team co-owner Vijay Mallya believes Formula 1 won't get damaged by the current FIA president Max Mosley scandal. Mallya believes it will only harm Mosley himself and not the sport in general.

"The focus and attention now is: what is Max's future?" Mallya told PA Sport. "It isn't that the popularity of the sport or its future is in question as a result of what has happened. Formula One is great, growing, very popular, fantastic, so business rises above it all."

Mallya is not concerned his sponsors will walk away from Formula 1. He said: "A hard-nosed businessman will make a decision on spending money in Formula One, irrespective of the Mosleys of this world. They are not going to dictate the economic benefits.

"It is very clear Formula One in general is a huge advertising platform because of the number of eyes viewing the TV, second only to the Olympics and the World Cup. As a businessman, I have used Formula One as a platform for the past 12 years, and now other businesses can use Force India as their platform to reach out.

"That is not going to be affected by Mosley or anybody else. I've my sponsors and they don't care. They don't really know who Mosley is and don't care who he is!"

Mallya is right about it in that sense, probably, but Mosley does have to go in my opinion.

+1

agreed!

I agree... but still would like to see someone else at the Helm.

Bye Max!

Mallya is right about it in that sense, probably, but Mosley does have to go in my opinion.

I don't know why he should go... He likes hookers yes, i don't now what a hell has that to do with F1. Who did he hurt but himself? :huh:

I don't know why he should go... He likes hookers yes, i don't now what a hell has that to do with F1. Who did he hurt but himself? :huh:

Well the Nazi connotation is really what does it, but even without that, it's not a good thing is it?

He is the president of a global organisation, and if the perception of him is what it is - a laughing stock/weirdo pervert guy/whatever then he loses all credibility and respect, which means he cannot perform his job properly. Now you can say OK, maybe you don't think what he did was that bad, but that isn't a commonly held viewpoint, and it's the majority of people's perceptions that matter. If the public don't respect him then I doubt politicians/businessmen/other FIA members will, and therefore he can't function.

Perception is king, regardless of whether the perception is right.

I disagree. But I have a headache, maybe later I will reply.

For now, all I am gonna say is that you all need more of ze punishment.

Edit: And then George came to the rescue and posted my exact thoughts. Here's a cookie for you!

I disagree. But I have a headache, maybe later I will reply.

For now, all I am gonna say is that you all need more of ze punishment.

Oh Andres, you always say that! :P

Mosley's got to go cause he's a bad FIA president and ruined F1 with his dumb a## ideas.

BTW:

MOSLEY EXPOSED!

Sniff, Friday, April 4th, 2008 at 3:09 am

maxexpose.jpg

Formula 1 racing boss Max Mosley is in hot water this week as Sniff Petrol has exclusively obtained video footage showing the motorsport supremo engaged in SICK activities including pretending to be IN CHARGE of the FIA.

During the 15 YEAR session captured on tape by our spies, Mosley insists on being referred to as THE PRESIDENT and makes those around him follow STRICT RULES, which he then repeatedly changes.

Amongst the DEPRAVED acts caught on camera, our footage shows the F1 figurehead wantonly PUNISHING McLaren for MONEY. He later SPANKS Renault and, in scenes of unbelievable hypocricy, then KISSES THE ARSE of Ferrari.

The disgraceful footage also shows Mosley, 67, TORTURING Formula 1 fans by introducing HARD to understand development freeze rules and TWEAKS to qualifying.

In some scenes the grey haired racing ring master is even shown HANGING OUT with a DWARF, although this later turned out to be Bernard Ecclestone.

Well the Nazi connotation is really what does it, but even without that, it's not a good thing is it?

He is the president of a global organisation, and if the perception of him is what it is - a laughing stock/weirdo pervert guy/whatever then he loses all credibility and respect, which means he cannot perform his job properly. Now you can say OK, maybe you don't think what he did was that bad, but that isn't a commonly held viewpoint, and it's the majority of people's perceptions that matter. If the public don't respect him then I doubt politicians/businessmen/other FIA members will, and therefore he can't function.

Perception is king, regardless of whether the perception is right.

Thing is George, putting aside any potential prejudices on decisions he has made in the past that you may not have liked, how does his staying affect you as a fan? It doesn't affect me in the slightest and seeing as i have no corporate business interest (which we are presumably agreeing is not affected) i don't see the problem.

Yes, we can jump on the politically correct bandwagon and condone the Nazi connotations but that's all a bit insignificant in my opinion. I see your point but i think he needs to given a break, personally.

If high profile figures were judged on their personal lives, many heads would be judged to have to roll.

Thing is George, putting aside any potential prejudices on decisions he has made in the past that you may not have liked, how does his staying affect you as a fan? It doesn't affect me in the slightest and seeing as i have no corporate business interest (which we are presumably agreeing is not affected) i don't see the problem.

Yes, we can jump on the politically correct bandwagon and condone the Nazi connotations but that's all a bit insignificant in my opinion. I see your point but i think he needs to given a break, personally.

If high profile figures were judged on their personal lives, many heads would be judged to have to roll.

Is not just about being a high profile figure, it is about being the ambassador of sport. One of his main functions is representing the sport. When somebody wants to do some sort of political appareance/business with F1, Mosley is the guy you go to. F1 talks, in a way, through him. This is not something you or I think. This is how his position is conceived. Maybe it doesn't affect you. It doesn't affect me if the Pope was found smoking crack in the Vatican. But they know that their position carries the responsability of looking morally fit, even if they don't. That is why it doesn't matter what they do, until it is made public.

It was made public. If it was a setup, tough luck for him. If I was the FIA head, and somebody would have offered me to engage in a nazi orgy (or even a regular orgy, I am that boring) I would have refused. So the setup excuse does not sustain. He was offered a bait, and he took it. People are not judging the action itself (the bait), they are judging his predisposition to take that bait.

The Bahrain authorities refused to be seen with him. Prudish people will object throughout the world. Some sponsors will not like to be associated with the slogan "Marlboro, for those moments when you need more of ze punishment". So, his image has lost respect. Personally, I didn't even feel offended by the nazi connotations of his actions, nor by his orgy (well, his naked butt ruined my digestion for a couple of days), but his work is all about image, and that is what he hurt.

If Kimi had been found doing this, I wouldn't have thought he should have left F1. But Mosley's position is different.

What Vijay says makes sense.

But I want Max gone because he sucks at life and doesn't deserve to have any power in the world.

Well I'd write the reply you deserve, but Andres already did so I'd end up repeating most of that, but basically I agree with what he wrote.

I know him staying doesn't affect me personally, nor does the actual event that took place bother me that much (on a moral level), but the fact is he has lost respect and credibility so I don't see how he can continue to deal with professional people in the sport - or why he'd want to for that matter. The fact that he hasn't resigned and seems to think he's done nothing wrong bothers me more than the actual original behaviour.

Now what I would say is this probably won't damage F1, it won't deter sponsors, but I don't think those sponsors would want to deal with Mosley, and I can understand that.

Looks like I ended up writing half a post anyhow...

I agree, Steve, Good Post...

This is what makes sense to me... And frankly i don't care if he stays or goes, as long as the cars still race i will be watching on Sundays...

The bolded part reminds me of the Club des cent (the top 100 people in all fields who meet every week in France) and they basically decide what will happen in France....

Is not just about being a high profile figure, it is about being the ambassador of sport. One of his main functions is representing the sport. When somebody wants to do some sort of political appareance/business with F1, Mosley is the guy you go to. F1 talks, in a way, through him. This is not something you or I think. This is how his position is conceived. Maybe it doesn't affect you. It doesn't affect me if the Pope was found smoking crack in the Vatican. But they know that their position carries the responsability of looking morally fit, even if they don't. That is why it doesn't matter what they do, until it is made public.

It was made public. If it was a setup, tough luck for him. If I was the FIA head, and somebody would have offered me to engage in a nazi orgy (or even a regular orgy, I am that boring) I would have refused. So the setup excuse does not sustain. He was offered a bait, and he took it. People are not judging the action itself (the bait), they are judging his predisposition to take that bait.

The Bahrain authorities refused to be seen with him. Prudish people will object throughout the world. Some sponsors will not like to be associated with the slogan "Marlboro, for those moments when you need more of ze punishment". So, his image has lost respect. Personally, I didn't even feel offended by the nazi connotations of his actions, nor by his orgy (well, his naked butt ruined my digestion for a couple of days), but his work is all about image, and that is what he hurt.

If Kimi had been found doing this, I wouldn't have thought he should have left F1. But Mosley's position is different.

Well I'd write the reply you deserve, but Andres already did so I'd end up repeating most of that, but basically I agree with what he wrote.

I know him staying doesn't affect me personally, nor does the actual event that took place bother me that much (on a moral level), but the fact is he has lost respect and credibility so I don't see how he can continue to deal with professional people in the sport - or why he'd want to for that matter. The fact that he hasn't resigned and seems to think he's done nothing wrong bothers me more than the actual original behaviour.

Now what I would say is this probably won't damage F1, it won't deter sponsors, but I don't think those sponsors would want to deal with Mosley, and I can understand that.

Looks like I ended up writing half a post anyhow...

How can i disagre? It's good to have the views from fans and the wider perspective.

I think this is one of the most spectacular scandals to have ever rocked this planet, perhaps the most. 5hours long! They should air it in AXN as reality series or worlds most amazing videos.

Max pounced on few teams when they did something wrong. Now it is the people who were offended by Max to pounce on him. My father always told me stories how powerful people who misused their Power ended up. Looks like I have witnessed a perfect example in form of Max. The man dug his own grave, or designed his own exit door.

Personally I don't really care what Max did as there are people with worse desires, as what Max did is NOTHING compared to what many sexual freaks did, and are still doing.

But if I were Max's opponent, I see a perfect oppertunity to kick him out. And I will make sure he is out. To my opinion, he and the Midget have only made the sport more expensive, not cheaper. But hats off to him to have made it safer than ever, but I think anyone in his positon would have done the same. We need a change. Max has been here for too long and was never an interesting character or a leader, atleast Bernie helped a team to stick around for a season.

I suppose FIA is not only Max Mosley. It must be like a company and Max is the president but many others could tell him to leave and if they do then it is fine. But if they do not tell him to leave and he decides to stay it is ok... You like it or not.

He should resign but moral and legality are different issues.

I suppose FIA is not only Max Mosley. It must be like a company and Max is the president but many others could tell him to leave and if they do then it is fine. But if they do not tell him to leave and he decides to stay it is ok... You like it or not.

He should resign but moral and legality are different issues.

The thing is, if he doesn't resign, then I hope commentators/journalists, etc, have the guts to ask him difficult questions. A few innuendoistic (yes it is a word :whistling: ) comments wouldn't go amiss either! :lol:

I would love Martin on his grid walk to say something like 'Well spank my arse and call me Hitler, we have Max Mosley on the grid today, ladies and gentleman'. I'd also stick a piece of paper on the camera saying 'property of News of the World'.

What he did was not illegal, and I'm sure he had a spanking good time, but his position is now untenable. He's done a lot for motorsport, not all of it bad, but it's time to go. A laughing stock is not a good figurehead, and perceptions do matter.

I've got a new theory, it is Bernie who's behind all of this.

Bernie's been all supportive officially when in reality he worked Balestre thru the back, ditto with Colin Chapman on Lotus 88 thin chassis affair.

Bernie hasn't exactly been pleased with Mosley on the spypage affair, and other things too. So the puppet has been disobedient and too independent so it need to be terminated; could very well be so.

What he did was not illegal, and I'm sure he had a spanking good time, but his position is now untenable. He's done a lot for motorsport, not all of it bad, but it's time to go. A laughing stock is not a good figurehead, and perceptions do matter.

I agree.

I hate these issues, and tend to stay well away from them. But what has transpired in the press in regards to Max's antic's some years ago damages the integirity of the FIA and in turn the sport we all love.

Sadly, it's a sign of the times when dirt can be dug up and used against you in this way, but that's the world we all live in. Your past is never far away from you.

It will not be the sports fan that gets him toppled. It will be the Automobile Associations of the world, whom are involved with the FIA on a purely business level, and *cough* most have high moral ethics and will vote for him to be removed from his seat of power at their Extraordinary General Meeting.

Bye Bye Pork Pie... :P