Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dark rider 13

Is Alonso Going To Go Ferrari

I don't think Alonso would have had any problem in McLaren if RD had put things clear from the start. And of course I don't think it can happen again because none of the team managers would have deal with that situation so badly as Ron Dennis did. I am sure Alonso did wrong too many things last year but he didn't start the war inside the team. Remember Hamilton whining he was number two after a fair and square defeat at Monaco, insinuating it was planned in the team. Remember how Hamilton agreed to let Alonso pass in Hungary and then... And still Ron Dennis always backed him up. If Ron Dennis had told both of them to shut up and drive everything would have been very different.

I don't think Alonso would have had any problem in McLaren if RD had put things clear from the start. And of course I don't think it can happen again because none of the team managers would have deal with that situation so badly as Ron Dennis did. I am sure Alonso did wrong too many things last year but he didn't start the war inside the team. Remember Hamilton whining he was number two after a fair and square defeat at Monaco, insinuating it was planned in the team. Remember how Hamilton agreed to let Alonso pass in Hungary and then... And still Ron Dennis always backed him up. If Ron Dennis had told both of them to shut up and drive everything would have been very different.

Well, I'm not saying that Alonso wouldn't be a perfect fit at Ferrari and be totally harmonious with Kimi, but I'm questioning why Ferrari would take the risk. I'm not saying they won't, but I still think it's the wrong decision. They have nothing to fear but Lewis at the moment- Alonso isn't going to be winning anything for a while. Maybe BMW are waiting in the wings, but I think there's still a couple of years to go until they are regular race winners.

And it's clear FA wants to go to Ferrari, so why make a decision now? They can wait for a couple of years- maybe Kimi will lose interest and there'll be a need for a new #1. Maybe that'll be Alonso, maybe there'll be a new kid on the block.

Personally I think Alonso's days have been numbered since the day he left McLaren. He's still a great driver, but there's just too much talent on the grid at the moment for any of the top teams to take a risk with him. What if the situation at McLaren isn't unique? Mario has to be thinking there's a possibility the same thing could happen at BMW.

That's what i think and, let's be honest, hope. BMW or Ferrari are still possible though. Otherwise he's going to be stuck for a long time.

It is pointless nonsense to go on about Alonso's beauty habits. Sure, there are people that are "one with the agenda" (just look at the poll on whether Alonso cause the accident by brake testing, hilarous).

The bottom line for Ferrari is that Alonso and Kimi together implies two things. One, near guarantee of WCs for years to come. Two, getting on your side a dangerous rival.

Imagine if last year McLaren had been behind Alonso or if this year Alonso were to be driving for McLaren or BMW... things would be very very different in and for Ferrari.

Anyway, it is unclear that he will move to Ferrari next year... it is a good move, I reckon, but it is nonetheless unclear. Who says that Kimi might not object... and since he is going to take this years DWC, his opinion will have even more weight....

Ferrari would never be stupid enough to take on two title winning drivers. They never have, why? Because they know that it only hurts the team. Last year it kept Meclaren from both the titles. However much you think it is a good Idea to have two drivers of a that caliber on your team, its not. There has never been a situation where two World Champion drivers have been on the same team and sparks have not flow.

when it comes down to it the best team you can have is a world champion caliber driver and a fast and consistent team mate that knows his job and place in the team.

But the question is why would you change something that works flawlessly? The only reason Ferrari would hire Alonso is long term strategy or problems with their current drivers.

Alonso is probably marginally better than Kimi. That's the big problem from my point of view.

Alonso is probably marginally better than Kimi. That's the big problem from my point of view.

Hell No. Read the Kimi thread....

Renault won't be in a position to win for at least two or three years, by which time the field will have altered, there'll be new talent and the situation will have changed. In addition, I think FA and KR are the best drivers on the grid, but I think there's a VERY small gap between them and the next "tier" of drivers. FA is not such a vital asset that the whole game revolves around him. Nor is Kimi, but Kimi is already in red- he made his move at the right time.

Personally I think Alonso's days have been numbered since the day he left McLaren. He's still a great driver, but there's just too much talent on the grid at the moment for any of the top teams to take a risk with him. What if the situation at McLaren isn't unique? Mario has to be thinking there's a possibility the same thing could happen at BMW.

It is true that with the right car, some half dozen drivers could take a WC.... Two WCs? Not much more than a couple.... Three WC? Possibly Kimi and Alonso alone (at this point)...

Why so? Because in F1, small differences make big differences. Alonso beat Schumacher, for example.... and kimi too (I'm feeling pain now, hold on)... and Kimi won by a single point _over_ to other drivers....

As far as the situation in McLaren, it remains unique until it won't. BMW is nowhere close to it. No team is. Truly, it is quite difficult to think of another team committing sepuku like McLaren did.

Interestingly, we agree on Alonso's future capacity. Not because of competition that, at this point, is yet to prove itself. I mean because this year Alonso's performance could be sinking as has happened in the past with other drivers moving mid-field. It may turn out that once (and if) he gets a decent car again, Alonso doesn't have what it takes anymore. This season wil not allow us to tell.

Ferrari would never be stupid enough to take on two title winning drivers. They never have, why? Because they know that it only hurts the team. Last year it kept Meclaren from both the titles. However much you think it is a good Idea to have two drivers of a that caliber on your team, its not. There has never been a situation where two World Champion drivers have been on the same team and sparks have not flow.

when it comes down to it the best team you can have is a world champion caliber driver and a fast and consistent team mate that knows his job and place in the team.

Perhaps. It comes down to people, that is, the ones managing the team and their skill.... not the drivers or their temperaments.

From the point of view of strategy, what would you prefer? To have to deal with two tltle winners or to have to deal with another team?

Recall that Ferrari was interested in Alonso back when... if Alonso were to have moved to Ferrari, it is quite probable that Schumacher would have right now 8 WCs...

Sir, your outrageous "marginally" is not mitigated by your "probably". The offense calls for a duel. Bring your witnesses tomorrow at sunrise.

Alonso would have never moved to Ferrari if Schumi was there.

on the question of what I would like more. I would pick one great driver and a good number two. You will always have to deal with other teams so keeping the in house fighting to a minimum is what you have to do.

and on the 8th wdc, the reason he lost it was b/c of Ferrari's first in race engine failure since France 2002. if you look at it mathematically, if you either give schumi the win in Monaco had he not parked the car or the 4th place in Hungry had he not hit Nick and Brazil had turned out the same way schumi would still not have been champion. the engine is what cost him pure and simple.

But the question is why would you change something that works flawlessly? The only reason Ferrari would hire Alonso is long term strategy or problems with their current drivers.

My thoughts exactly

Alonso would have never moved to Ferrari if Schumi was there.

on the question of what I would like more. I would pick one great driver and a good number two. You will always have to deal with other teams so keeping the in house fighting to a minimum is what you have to do.

and on the 8th wdc, the reason he lost it was b/c of Ferrari's first in race engine failure since France 2002. if you look at it mathematically, if you either give schumi the win in Monaco had he not parked the car or the 4th place in Hungry had he not hit Nick and Brazil had turned out the same way schumi would still not have been champion. the engine is what cost him pure and simple.

Alonso didn't move to Ferrari.. but I seem to recall some kind of offer was there...

Anyway, I maintain that in-house fighting is a management issue. Further, I would advance that most, possibly all, drivers settle for fair chances... and yes, I include Alonso and Kimi in that lot... even Hamilton if he were tennis-dad free....

Regarding the 8th WC for MS, sure there could have been many places where Schumacher could have gotten it. His last season blowup at Suzuka, for example. Still, the question is what if Alonso were to have been at Ferrari instead of Renault that year and someone else (not kimi) were to have been driving the Renaults? I think a number of drivers would have gotten victories but I am unsure there were any (bar kimi) that could do what Alonso did. Thus my point, hiring Alonso neutralizes a competitor.

I don't think so. In 2006 Alonso retired because of mechanical failure in Hungary, had big tyre problems in China, engine failure in Italy, strong and unfair penalty in Hungary... If Schumacher had had an easy season he could have broken a couple of cars in the last two races and still be Champion. That year we cannot say Schumacher was lucky but Alonso was really strong and that made him win the WDC and he was not lucky either.

I don't think so. In 2006 Alonso retired because of mechanical failure in Hungary, had big tyre problems in China, engine failure in Italy, strong and unfair penalty in Hungary... If Schumacher had had an easy season he could have broken a couple of cars in the last two races and still be Champion. That year we cannot say Schumacher was lucky but Alonso was really strong and that made him win the WDC and he was not lucky either.

So what exactly are you trying to say? :D

So what exactly are you trying to say? :D

Why you think my words make exactly sense? :D

Ok, I will never say how great Alonso was in 2006... Out of consideration for Schumi, right? :P

IF Alonso went to 4RE, why is everyone so sure that Kimi will be in the other car? He is on record as having said, on numerous occasions that he wanted to win one championship, then leave. What IF he's just going to drive out his current contract, and do just that?

Then Freddy would be the undisputed No 1 at 4RE. Unless of course Vettel was there too by then.....hehe

You get Yuji Ide and a year's supply of tuna fish.

:lol:

I agreeeeeeee.

2009 ****ing Idiot Association Formula 1 European-Catering Middle-Eastern Championship

Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro Sucks

Kimi Raikkonen

Robert Kubica

Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes

Lewis Hamilton

Heikki Kovalainen

BMW-Sauber F1

Nick Heidfeld

Fernando Alonso

AT&T Sucks Williams F1 Team

Nico Rosberg

Kazuki Nakajima

Panasonic Toyota Racing

Timo Glock

Adrian Sutil

ING Sucks Renault F1

Felipe Massa

Romain Grosjean

Red Bull Racing

Mark Webber

Sebastian Vettel

Scuderia Toro Rosso

S

That should answer everyone's 2009 questions. Because it is right.

But you left out whether or not I will meet a drop-dead gorgeous brunette girl next year to really p-off my ex-wife and so she begins questioning why she left for her ugly chimpanzee boyfriend she was shagging on the side. B-arch.

But you left out whether or not I will meet a drop-dead gorgeous brunette girl next year to really p-off my ex-wife and so she begins questioning why she left for her ugly chimpanzee boyfriend she was shagging on the side. B-arch.

:lol: I'll make my prediction on that, then.

You will meet a drop-dead gorgeous brunette girl next year to really p-off my ex-wife and so she begins questioning why she left for her ugly chimpanzee boyfriend she was shagging on the side, IF AND ONLY IF you pay a 99.9% church tax to the Church of People Born on April 25, 1983 Who You Met on an Internet Forum.

with massa as shocking as he is, it a possibility that alonso would go there i mean he must miss driving a decent car and Ferrari must miss having a decent competant no. 2

and i dont thinnk massa actually belives he is numer 2 driver as hes very reluctant to help kimi

and alonso wud almost do ANYTHING to e in a championship winnig car ;)

besisdes he may not be able to beat kimi in the same machinary

and Ferrari have so many goood technicall people it must help with kimis only apparent floor of tech feedback so ...................

ooooooooooooooh i dont no could go either way