Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

K E R

Can some of you Guru's explain to me the way that the teams may recouver and use this Kenetic Energy Recouvery system as proposed for next year?

I understand that it will be only associated with the REAR brakes, not the front, so what can one achieve from this heat input?

I have had this idea that maybe by using the Gas that is used in Air Conditioners, with it's expansion rate etc that this maybe a way to "power up " a flywheel !!!

This is probably the best description that I can find. I was reading in a week or two ago. Complicated stuff.

The mechanical KERS system utilises flywheel technology developed by Flybrid Systems to recover and store a moving vehicle

love you closing pic mate :-) as for the rest well is informative to say the least

Should be investigating hydrogen cars running off water, not frigging low percentage power from braking...stupid FIA...

Should be investigating hydrogen cars running off water, not frigging low percentage power from braking...stupid FIA...

But not all F1 fans are into water sports Handy

What Mosley thinking about the future, restoring innovation to F1. Ain't gonna happen.

There are Wankels and Quasiturbine engines running on compressed air, BMW V12s running on hydrongen, but nothing's happening. Now that would be something.

Those kiwis! We are talking about F1 not America

All series should run alternate fuel sources for the pure purpose of showing that you can still get performance out of them, and to promote them to a world that needs a change in that area. I'm also pro-4 bangers in F1, for the same reason that a lot of people have the misconception that less cylinders means you won't be able to go over 12 mph.

The series that needs the biggest change in fuel, is, of course, the IRL. E98 Ethanol is the stupidest idea. Save the Ethanol for drinking (E100 is also called moonshine, if you didn't know), let's use something that doesn't require 1.2 gallons of gas to make 1 gallon of it.

As for KERS, no comment. I wouldn't understand a word of that article. Will it improve the racing? No? Then I don't care.

As for KERS, no comment. I wouldn't understand a word of that article. Will it improve the racing? No? Then I don't care.

It may improve the racing due to the fact that the extra 80bhp will only last for 6 seconds. This will be used like the power button or push to pass button in other series I should imagine.

It may improve the racing due to the fact that the extra 80bhp will only last for 6 seconds. This will be used like the power button or push to pass button in other series I should imagine.

I hate P2P, to be honest. Manufactured racing is stupid, but I guess anything is better than what we got now.

I hate P2P, to be honest. Manufactured racing is stupid, but I guess anything is better than what we got now.

I do agree with you. I'm not a fan of the "Push to Pass" idea either, but I can see that it has some merit, especially in modern F1. The 2009 reduced aero will also help with improved racing.

CART Indycar had the overtaking gear.

Who cares what it had? Every racing series should be unique; if they were all the same we'd only need to have one of them.

Who cares what it had? Every racing series should be unique; if they were all the same we'd only need to have one of them.

And it shall be called "The Highlander Series" because there can be only one!!!! Now, gimme the prize!!

was hoping for some HIGH TECH Ideas response to this question :-)

I do agree with you. I'm not a fan of the "Push to Pass" idea either, but I can see that it has some merit, especially in modern F1. The 2009 reduced aero will also help with improved racing.

2009 changes will be more then just aero rules. Cars will be wider and have slicks just like until 1998. The hope is that the 50% loss of of overall downforce will change the balance and make the car ground effect in nature as all this loss would come from the upperbody;

right now underbody ground effects is

was hoping for some HIGH TECH Ideas response to this question :-)

High tech? You mean like Windows 2.0, airbags, and cassette tapes?

High tech? You mean like Windows 2.0, airbags, and cassette tapes?

Let me grab my betacam recorder!

2009 changes will be more then just aero rules. Cars will be wider and have slicks just like until 1998. The hope is that the 50% loss of of overall downforce will change the balance and make the car ground effect in nature as all this loss would come from the upperbody;

right now underbody ground effects is

Well maybe, maybe not.

If the underbody downforce won't overcome wake turbulence, it means not much will improve. Then if the 2009 chassis will be too stiff for the lower downforce things could get even worse.

How much energy can Max Mosley generate by administering ze punishment?

You see we need to think outside the box.

How much energy can Max Mosley generate by administering ze punishment?

You see we need to think outside the box.

One more "ze punishment" joke from anyone and I'm leaving for a month until this is forgotten. Man, talk about overplayed.