Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Danica Wins!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to wath the re-air this afternoon on ESPN. That is ****ing cool! First Graham won, now Danica. Man, there's just too many good stories in this new series, this is damn good for the sport.

Awesome. ****ing awesome.

Trophy is as big as she is.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to wath the re-air this afternoon on ESPN. That is ****ing cool! First Graham won, now Danica. Man, there's just too many good stories in this new series, this is damn good for the sport.

Awesome. ****ing awesome.

You better be watching now, 11:28am est, the Long Beach race is at 2:30 pst(5:30).

You better be watching now, 11:28am est, the Long Beach race is at 2:30 pst(5:30).

I watched it. Not exactly a thrilling race, but wow, that was cool. ESPN really screwed up the timing and scoring, though. The screen said Danica was 6.3 seconds behind Helio when she was closing in on him.

Of course the bashers will say Kyle Moyer won the race and not Danica, but if Danica had dominated the race, they'd have said her car won the race for her. A win is a win, and I regret not staying up til 1 AM to see her seal the deal.

It's a bit funny, actually, that my wife asked me if I was gunna watch the Indy race last night, and I told her "Naah, it's too late. Of course, this'll be the one my girl Danica wins." Maybe I best not watch the Indy 500...

I'm just so stoked about it. I hope Graham Rahal can win today in LBC, that'd put him second in points. When Justin Labonte got lucky and won at Chicago in 2004, I didn't think I could ever see a win as cool as that one. Graham Rahal changed that two weeks ago, and now Danica's done it. Very cool.

Hope Long Beach has some more action than Motegi, though. There's no need to conserve the DP01s, so I'd like to see those boys drivin' 'em like stock cars out there.

Good stuff, good stuff. And the local short track season is back in action, too, so it's all pretty good.

By the way, on the subject of Long Beach, is the IRL broadcast team doing it? I'm gunna watch on mute if so. I was hoping for one last race with Jon...

I am so happy for her, I was waiting for that probably more than her, now I would like them to see what they say about it, they were talkimg that he had an unfair advantage because of her weigh now what? :clap3:

I am so happy for her, I was waiting for that probably more than her, now I would like them to see what they say about it, they were talkimg that he had an unfair advantage because of her weigh now what? :clap3:

Indy changed the rules for 2008 so that every car weighs the same. Technically, where they place the ballast COULD be an advantage, but I'm too stupid to know how.

She won within the rules of the IRL, and that's all that counts.

Not trying to start something, but ESPN2's reair didn't show the entire post race, did Tony Kanaan ever congratulate her? I know Marco did, but I didn't see TK there. Wonder if he's bitter about it, he, along with Robby Gordon and Dan Wheldon, has been a major Danica hater in the past. I laugh at all the men who don't have the balls to be beaten by a girl.

Ashley Force is first in NHRA points, hopefully she can get her first win soon, too. And I'd love to see second-place starter Simona de Silvestro win her first Atlantics race at LBC today, but that'll be hard as Bomarito has just dominated the weekend.

Hope Long Beach has some more action than Motegi, though. There's no need to conserve the DP01s, so I'd like to see those boys drivin' 'em like stock cars out there.

Good stuff, good stuff. And the local short track season is back in action, too, so it's all pretty good.

By the way, on the subject of Long Beach, is the IRL broadcast team doing it? I'm gunna watch on mute if so. I was hoping for one last race with Jon...

I was at Long Beach yesterday and from what I could tell it'll be broadcast by the Champcar people, they were there yesterday providing the comentary for practice and rd.2 quali.

I was at Long Beach yesterday and from what I could tell it'll be broadcast by the Champcar people, they were there yesterday providing the comentary for practice and rd.2 quali.

I wish you were right, but it seems Marty Reid and Scott Goodyear will be there to redundantly point out the obvious and make really stupid mistakes.

And I'd love to see second-place starter Simona de Silvestro win her first Atlantics race at LBC today, but that'll be hard as Bomarito has just dominated the weekend.

SHE DID IT! SHE WON!

What a cool weekend!

Results

Indy changed the rules for 2008 so that every car weighs the same. Technically, where they place the ballast COULD be an advantage, but I'm too stupid to know how.

She won within the rules of the IRL, and that's all that counts.

Not trying to start something, but ESPN2's reair didn't show the entire post race, did Tony Kanaan ever congratulate her? I know Marco did, but I didn't see TK there. Wonder if he's bitter about it, he, along with Robby Gordon and Dan Wheldon, has been a major Danica hater in the past. I laugh at all the men who don't have the balls to be beaten by a girl.

Ashley Force is first in NHRA points, hopefully she can get her first win soon, too. And I'd love to see second-place starter Simona de Silvestro win her first Atlantics race at LBC today, but that'll be hard as Bomarito has just dominated the weekend.

Do you know Milka Duno by any chance? http://www.milkaduno.com/

Do you know Milka Duno by any chance? http://www.milkaduno.com/

Yes, I do. I'd like it if she went back to Grand-Am, though. She had success there, I feel she got rushed up to the IRL a bit too fast. It was one of those the car count was low, she was a female with a sponsor kind of deals. Nothing against her, though, but I'd rather see her be competitive in Grand-Am.

Pfft.....she only won because she's a girl. :P:P

Nah - about bleeding time!! Lol.... Congrats to the hottie :D

Pfft.....she only won because she's a girl. :P:P

Nah - about bleeding time!! Lol.... Congrats to the hottie :D

Um..I don't think "bleeding" is the best choice of word for this thread. :eekout:

There was a certain race at Michigan, I recall, where it might've been just the right day...

That the one where she spun then lost it and almost bawled her eyes out in the car?

Missed that race....but I do remember her from last season throwing a wobbly at about the third to last race of the season.

Danica's emotional most races. She gets it from her dad. You ever seen him?

I hate overly emotional parents. Especially Michael Andretti.

I prefer Bobby Rahal's approach; no where near his son's pit box, and totally chill about it all.

After Graham's first win...

"What are you gunna say to Graham when you see him?"

"I don't know"

Danica's emotional most races. She gets it from her dad. You ever seen him?

I hate overly emotional parents. Especially Michael Andretti.

I prefer Bobby Rahal's approach; no where near his son's pit box, and totally chill about it all.

After Graham's first win...

"What are you gunna say to Graham when you see him?"

"I don't know, but his mothers just called - she's p**sed at him for not cleaning his room this morning"

:P