Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Danica Wins!!!!

Speaking of Mama Rahal, I love how the track announcer at the LBGP was talking about Graham before introducing grand marshall Bobby. "He sure looks like his mom..."

OMG-Jeremy.-lol

Go Danica, Girl power...

I wonder if she had great victory sex.

Uhh ... At the risk of asking a rude question ... "Who's doing her?" I mean, "who's she doing?" I mean, "is she dating?"

:blush:

Seriously, grats to Danica and Simona ...

But I can't resist getting a dig in at the EARL at this point ... As of right now (and likely for at least the next 24 hours), the indycar.com site's front page proclaims Danica as the "first female to win a major auto racing event."

Now ... I'm pretty sure that, along the way to three NHRA championships, Shirley Muldowney took a few event wins... But, then, the NHRA apparently doesn't qualify as "Major Auto Racing". (In truth, I'm not a big fan of drag racing, but, hey, we all worship the Gods of Speed, just in our own ways).

I guess FIA GT doesn't count as Major Auto Racing either ... Some chick named Ickx has some class victories there, and some other series, I think. Didn't she do well in class in the Spa 24 hours, too? :eusa_think:

Contessa Maria Teresa de Fillipis? Some wins, but nothing major, for sure.

The Women's Global GT Series didn't count as Major Auto Racing since 1) it was all women, and 2) it died after a couple of years ...

I'm pretty sure there was a female winner (with a (gasp) male co-driver) in the World Sportscar Championship, but that certainly wasn't Major Auto Racing ...

I could keep going down this path, but I'm fighting a migraine today, so I'll leave off with this, the ultimate (to me) irony, quoted directly from the EARL's own website:

Milka Duno:

• Became first woman in history to win overall major international sportscar race in North America with first victory at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
  • Earned victory in LMP 675 Class at Petit Le Mans.

(I won't even get started on their treatment of the "unification" of North American Open-Wheel)...

Revisionism FTW!

:naughty:

Uhh ... At the risk of asking a rude question ... "Who's doing her?" I mean, "who's she doing?" I mean, "is she dating?"

She's married.

Did she got hurt in a crash?

I ask because you are talking about some bleeding :eusa_think::eusa_think: I never heard of that hurt but she was bleeding and still won the race, I'm amazed. did she got any "bandage" that would make her heavier.

She's married.

D'oh ...

:mellow:

Actually, I discovered that while researching for the rant. Ahh, well. Word is he's "much older." So, she likes older men, eh?

D'oh ...

:mellow:

Actually, I discovered that while researching for the rant. Ahh, well. Word is he's "much older." So, she likes older men, eh?

Yeah, Paul's in his 40s. They met when she was racing Formula Ford or something and she got injured, and he was her doctor. Something like that.

Anyway, draw your own conclusions about gold digging and things. I'll draw mine.

I guess FIA GT doesn't count as Major Auto Racing either ... Some chick named Ickx has some class victories there, and some other series, I think. Didn't she do well in class in the Spa 24 hours, too? :eusa_think:

Jacky Ickx is a guy.

Yeah, Paul's in his 40s. They met when she was racing Formula Ford or something and she got injured, and he was her doctor. Something like that.

Anyway, draw your own conclusions about gold digging and things. I'll draw mine.

So that's the bleeding you are all talking about :clap3: I knew I would find outsooner or later.

Vanina is his daughter.

Yeah. Gotta tune the Sarcas-mo-meter, I guess. I was, in fact, referring to Vanina.

Does Schumikonen get it or not? I don't think he does......

No, he doesn't. Should we explain it?

Doesn't he have some parents he could ask? You'd have thought this was all explained to him somewhere in that book of his he prattles on about....

Well, I guess I'll have to tell.

The bleeding has to do with the 28th day of a certain cycle.

Well, I guess I'll have to tell.

The bleeding has to do with the 28th day of a certain cycle.

How could you know that she has\had that kind of bleeding, I think I need to by a Rosseta Stone, I related her as a driver with an injury, not as a woman with a bleeding, BTW I don't like that bleeding. :eusa_think: I should have known better don't you think?

Here we go- Source

Former grand prix driver Hans-Joachim Stuck is convinced that Danica Patrick, the first female competitor to win a race in premier American open wheeler racing, would be a good addition to the formula one grid. 26-year-old Patrick drove into the history books last Sunday by beating Helio Castroneves to the chequered flag in the IndyCar race at Motegi, Japan.

She drives for Andretti-Green Racing, which is co-owned by former McLaren racer Michael Andretti, whose son Marco has tested for the F1 team Honda.

Hmmmmm....would be a coup for F1 - something refreshing other than Max's a## or spying scandals, but I don't think she would handle it to be honest....if she was a guy she'd be on the Pizzonia / Wilson / Yoong / pay-driver level compared with the likes of who is on the grid today.

But that said, they all did make it to F1 which is a damn sight better than me!

Here we go- Source

Former grand prix driver Hans-Joachim Stuck is convinced that Danica Patrick, the first female competitor to win a race in premier American open wheeler racing, would be a good addition to the formula one grid. 26-year-old Patrick drove into the history books last Sunday by beating Helio Castroneves to the chequered flag in the IndyCar race at Motegi, Japan.

She drives for Andretti-Green Racing, which is co-owned by former McLaren racer Michael Andretti, whose son Marco has tested for the F1 team Honda. "It is quite clear that, with Danica, formula one could conquer the United States. She is good enough for it," Stuck is quoted as saying by the German magazine Sport Bild.

Stuck, however, believes Patrick would need a season in GP2, as well as some F1 testing, before making the leap. Sport Bild claims that Flavio Briatore, the Renault boss, has contemplated making contact with Patrick in view of a formula one collaboration of some sort.

The only guy on the IRL grid who could actually make a decent living in F1 is: no one.

It has nothing to do with F1 supremacy (cuz I will always argue F1 as no better than any other in terms of driver skill), just with difference. The IRL cars are designed for ovals, so they're kind of slow on road courses. Also, one of the major difference is the brakes. In an IndyCar, you'd need to brake a lot earlier than in an F1 car. F1 brakes are the best in racing most likely. You'd really have to reconstruct your driving style from IRL to F1, similar to why the F1 and IRL guys struggle in NASCAR. You'd think two open wheel formulas would be similar, but IRL isn't designed to develop you for F1, it's designed to be a premier level of racing (and whether or not you could say that is true is a different rant).

I think Graham Rahal has potential in terms of F1, though. He has strong BMW ties (drove the BMW-Sauber F1.07 in Vegas, his father co-owns the BMW M3 works effort in ALMS GT2). I'd much rather he stay in Indy, though. I want Indy to have as many star drivers as possible, not to be an American feeder series to F1.

I yearn for the days when Greg Moore turned down a McLaren drive, Al Unser, Jr. turned down a Williams drive, and Paul Tracy turned down a Benetton drive to stay in CART.