Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie

Any Chance Of Alonso Driving For Toyota Next Year?

Seriously I think it down to him believing his own publicity a little too much. Yes he is gifted and has two WDC's to his credit, but its kinda gone to his head - too busy saying "I'm the best" and not enough time thinking rationally or considering the implications of his actions. You don't get the best drives by being arrogant.

Sadly I believe the future for Alonso is looking bleak; his choices in 2009 and beyond are narrowing and the only ones willing to pay are unlikely to have a winningest car. A future a la Villeneuve and Hill awaits. He should have taken a year out and come back with all of the McLaren nonsense as a long distant memory.

I do think this is a shame for someone so talented.

Yep that's what I think too.

Anyway, I believe that in the long run Fernando will be just fine, after all he has the skills. I see him taking another couple (WDC's) before he's done, but after the events of last year, he may have to wait a little longer.

Glad I make you laugh.

Well, let's see what happens - time will tell and I reserve the right to go: "nyah nyah"!!!

Maure you may be surprised to learn that I used to support Alonso - more than anything I'm just annoyed that such talent is being wasted.

We'll see... I won't point fingers myself, I'll just keep on smiling.

And, btw, if you were on Alonso, how on earth can you not appreciate his DWC minus 1 point las season considering the sht storm he had to deal with? Myself, I never liked Alonso as a driver (bar some races) and still don't... but last season he earned my respect, that's for sure.

It was wasted last year. It will take time but Alonso will be stronger after a period of bitterness. Nobody can win all the time, he could never win a WDC again but his talent will be always with him.

It is true that there is danger he may drop down the field and disappear as other drivers have in the past...

My thinking is that it is more likely that either Ferrari picks him up or Ferrari loses WCs because Alonso is driving for some1 else....

There are 3 top teams currently. Even taking away Mclaren, if BMW does not mount a serious WDC WCC campaign this year and next, and win, they win look Alonso

I think Renault was and still really is Alonso's 1st option. They have the talent but they go on a shorter budget than bigger teams. Toyata has the budget but they need a lot of changes to make and new mechanics, designers and engineers to hire. Williams could be an option too if they keep working so well. But none of them should be above Renault if they are commited to deliver a winner car.

There are 3 top teams currently. Even taking away Mclaren, if BMW does not mount a serious WDC WCC campaign this year and next, and win, they win look Alonso

It all comes down to the same thing. There are two proven drivers that can make a good team win, Kimi and Alonso. There are, perhaps, no more than two others that might be able to do the same. Kimi is not going anywhere as any move from Ferrari is down (nowdays). And so, the team that has Alonso have an edge. If Ferrari can have Alonso but let's him go, they will look like absolute idiots when Alonso takes a WC away from them.... the ball is on BMW and Renault's court.

Clueless!

:rolleyes:

Ok, I will try to describe my feelings, but I'm afraid they won't be understood:

- Last year Nando went ballistic over everything. This year he doesn't (so far, at least). For a guy that things he is the pinnacle of creation and should be declared "Only Owner of the Universe and Surroundings", he sounds surprisingly calm about the prospect of fighting with a car just to develop it and hope for a few points. Maybe the idea that he thinks that about himself is not entirely true?.

- Yes, he keeps saying that he will leave the team if they don't deliver. But this year I took the precaution of reading both the English version and the Spanish version, when available. Usually, the Spanish version of the article doesn't sound as arrogant. It's in the choice of words, perhaps. He is still supporting Renault, and (according to himself, but also to Flavio, Pat Symonds and Rob White) he works hard to develop the car. He has certainly be present at every test (at McLaren too, more so than Lewis).

Don't get me wrong, he IS arrogant. Just how much more arrogant than any other driver? Not too much, in my opinion. Of course, he is the only 2xWDC in the grid, and the only one that can brag that he defeated Schumi. He has the right to be more arrogant than the average, right? Button, Trulli, Barrichello, Webber (among the ones I can remember) said at one time or another that they were tired of being in a non competitive car.

When we accused Lewis of being arrogant many said that he had the right, because of his deeds. Well...

- When he announced that he would leave McLaren (even before that) many teams were interested in him. If he is in this "just for the money" I would have thought he would have ended in Toyota, BMW or even Red Bull (all of them were interested in him). They had the money and were willing to spend it. Renault, on the other side, struggled until last minute to make an acceptable offer. He waited for them. He knew Renault was not the great team he left behind. Maybe he expected that his comeback would magically turn a struggling team into a flying marvel? Again, not 100% false, but certainly not 100% true. The truth probably lies somewhere in between.

- Did he screw himself up? Really? He keeps saying that Lewis had nothing to do with his departure from McLaren. That it was a little rivalry augmented out of proportion by an avid media. He still blames "some other people inside McLaren". I certainly are more willing to belive that Lewis alone would not have made him leave the team. A self centered arrogant guy would have stayed and, if necessary, do a Hungary 2007 in every race. Maybe there's more to it than we know?

My hero :wub:

Any chance of Alonso driving for Toyota next year? If you had an ugly girlfriend, would you trade her for another ugly one or wait until you could woo the one with the perfect la la's and the beautiful (red) dress?

:lol:

To be honest Ferrari's 'revival' was more of an organizational shakeup where several separate operations were combined and several key staff members were brought in and way more than just Schumacher's input. The resources were there but it took a major shakeup before they could put them to good use. Michael, as fast as he was, was not the chief architect of Ferrari's rise to glory, he was more a product of it.

Michael, as fast as he was, was not the chief architect of Ferrari's rise to glory, he was more a product of it.

Agreed. Todt was the instigator.

To be honest Ferrari's 'revival' was more of an organizational shakeup where several separate operations were combined and several key staff members were brought in and way more than just Schumacher's input. The resources were there but it took a major shakeup before they could put them to good use. Michael, as fast as he was, was not the chief architect of Ferrari's rise to glory, he was more a product of it.

nice post