Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie

Any Chance Of Alonso Driving For Toyota Next Year?

Does anyone think Alonso will end up at Toyota next year if they win a race this season? They have the money to pay him!

Not really. Is not about money with him (as much as it is not about money when it comes to drivers that want to earn millions), it's about being the number one and having the car to prove it. It is also about a place where they can keep him contained. His personality is rather complex. He feels quite well at Renault even in a non competitive car. If it has been any other team with the same results, he would have probably lit the whole place on fire.

He is playing a game of mutual seduction with Ferrari. I can't see what can Toyota provide him with that he can't get either at Renault (preferential treatment and respect for his quirkiness) or Ferrari (a winning car)

Fernando Alonso is someone who needs to feel loved at his team, he needs to feel like he's number one, and he needs to feel the entire team is behind him. That's what Paul Stoddart told me.

Can Toyota offer that? I don't know, they come off as awful boring, just like McLaren.

Would Toyota give him number one status? Yes. But can he get that elsewhere? Yes.

Not really. Is not about money with him (as much as it is not about money when it comes to drivers that want to earn millions), it's about being the number one and having the car to prove it. It is also about a place where they can keep him contained. His personality is rather complex. He feels quite well at Renault even in a non competitive car. If it has been any other team with the same results, he would have probably lit the whole place on fire.

He is playing a game of mutual seduction with Ferrari. I can't see what can Toyota provide him with that he can't get either at Renault (preferential treatment and respect for his quirkiness) or Ferrari (a winning car)

i absolutely agree with you Andres(as always! :D ).plus,fernando said that he had an offer from toyota last year and they gave him a blank cheque where he could write the money he wanted and still,he refused.So it's not about the money at all.that's exactly what he said during an interview with diario as :

si iba para Toyota ten

I see Alonso in a red one for 2010. We shall see however.

Oh and yes Alonso is complex, needs love, and not in it for money etc etc.

Oh and yes Alonso is complex, needs love, and not in it for money etc etc.

ooohhh my friend, he is in it for money, but let's not upset the Quiet One....

ooohhh my friend, he is in it for money, but let's not upset the Quiet One....

:D

We musn't upset him, what with the pregnency and everything... :)

:lol:

@Brad: I said "Is not about money with him (as much as it is not about money when it comes to drivers that want to earn millions)".

In some sense, they are all about the money. In some other sense, they don't. Do you think Schumi would have raced for Minardi even if they payed him 10 times what he earned at Ferrari?

What I meant is that money is not of his concern too much (everybody who wants to hire him knows that they will have to pay him a fortune). But, given that many teams seem to have offered him some sort of deal (RBR, BMW, Toyota, among the named in the off season) he could afford the luxury to choose based on other aspects.

Toyota does not satisfactorily address the other factors, and I don't think they will pay him as much above the rest as to compensate for that.

I do too. Kimi will go bye bye after 2009 and Alonso will take his seat.

But, George, I must ask, are your breasts real where do you think Alonso is in 2009? Staying at Renault, or signing a 1-year elsewhere?

I do too. Kimi will go bye bye after 2009 and Alonso will take his seat.

But, George, I must ask, are your breasts real where do you think Alonso is in 2009? Staying at Renault, or signing a 1-year elsewhere?

Me thinks Renault will (to use a Blundell phrase) pull something outta the bag (which will satisfy Ferdinando, although not in a sexual way), and will not change their driver line-up next year, and that when Kimi leaves (if he does) then like you say Alonso will fill him his seat, joined by the one known as Vettel - who will instantly prove the Schumacher comparisons valid and trash him :lol:

That's one way I can see it going down anyway...

...and they are fake.

Any chance of Alonso driving for Toyota next year? If you had an ugly girlfriend, would you trade her for another ugly one or wait until you could woo the one with the perfect la la's and the beautiful (red) dress?

Me thinks Renault will (to use a Blundell phrase) pull something outta the bag (which will satisfy Ferdinando, although not in a sexual way), and will not change their driver line-up next year, and that when Kimi leaves (if he does) then like you say Alonso will fill him his seat, joined by the one known as Vettel - who will instantly prove the Schumacher comparisons valid and trash him :lol:

That's one way I can see it going down anyway...

...and they are fake.

I see Flavio selling Nelson A. Piquet to Satan for $3.95 and retaining Fernando by bribing him with Spanish ham and Real Madrid underwear. Romain Grosjean or Lucas di Grassi will be his teammate, or even Phil Massa. The car will go faster and Fernando might possibly win a race (hopefully). Then, in 2010, Fernando will join someone who isn't Sebastian Vettel, Michael Schumacher, and/or Kimi Raikkonen (maybe Massa, maybe even Rosberg) at Scuderia Ferrari Lung Cancer.

...then I'll have to end our relationship.

Does anyone think Alonso will end up at Toyota next year if they win a race this season? They have the money to pay him!

If Fernando was ever interested in Toyota he would be driving for them this year. They would have given him the dollars required and most likely a one year contract.

Like George said, Fernando will stay at Renault until the time comes that Kimi retires and then he will move in on Ferrari who by that time will have shipped Felipe off somewhere else and have Seb Vettel in the seat. The suggestion that Fernando will be at Ferrari while Kimi is still there are crazy.

Kimi is the big factor in what Fernando decides to do long term, and with his recent Championship win and the relaxed attitude Ferrari have taylor made for him, maybe a new 2 - 3 year Ferrari contact is not that far away.

Sorry - I hereby promise to eat my socks if that happens.

If Renault craps out, now or later, Alonso will move on. Toyota? Who is to say? He wouldn't be the first to seek a fat check on account of past glories....

Kimi is the big factor in what Fernando decides to do long term, and with his recent Championship win and the relaxed attitude Ferrari have taylor made for him, maybe a new 2 - 3 year Ferrari contact is not that far away.

Ferrari not interested in signing Alonso

Bringing Fernando Alonso to Ferrari to partner world champion Kimi Raikkonen would not be desirable, team president Luca di Montezemolo said on Tuesday.

Alonso denied this month that he had an escape clause in his contract with struggling Renault that might allow him to leave for Ferrari at the end of the Formula One season.

However, Spain's double world champion did say contracts were "very flexible" given his departure from McLaren last year.

Felipe Massa's shaky start for world champions Ferrari this season increased the speculation.

However, Massa won in Bahrain and now Montezemolo has said Alonso would not be the ideal driver.

"To line up a Raikkonen-Alonso double act would mean wanting to damage yourself. I want two equal drivers that work together," the president told Tuesday's Gazzetta dello Sport.

Di Montezemolo also said he would be devoting more time to Ferrari after stepping down as head of Italy's industry body.

Alonso, meanwhile, told El Pais newspaper on Monday that his future at Renault would depend on the team providing him with a car capable of fighting on top.

"There are a lot of factors to evaluate," the Spaniard said. "My first option is to stay with Renault if we manage to create a winning car, and the truth is that we are moving forwards.

"But what I do want is a car with which I can win. There are several, Williams, Toyota, BMW and Ferrari, of course, who are always on top no matter what. I wouldn't want to continue fighting to get into Q3."

www.autosport.com

I had a strong feeling that Alonso was a Toyota driver for this year.

But I'm sort of glad that he is NOT because the results that Jarno and Timo are achieving would have taken the gloss off them and would have put the gloss more on Alonso and knowing in hin he would take all the compliments

Very true.

Alonso is only moving to a winner car/team and now only Ferrari, McLaren-Mercedes and BMW-Sauber could be called like this. If Toyota won a race or grabbed a few podiums on a regular basis it might make things different.

Fernando Alonso is someone who needs to feel loved at his team, he needs to feel like he's number one, and he needs to feel the entire team is behind him. That's what Paul Stoddart told me.

Can Toyota offer that? I don't know, they come off as awful boring, just like McLaren.

Would Toyota give him number one status? Yes. But can he get that elsewhere? Yes.

True, but that is not a differentiation factor in F1.

Prost, Senna, Schumacher were the same; ditto for Caracciola.

And come to think about it, Fangio too; considering he had a bad relation with Ferrari because the team worship the cars more than him, witch p**sed him to the point were he acussed them of sabotage thou he won, leading to Enzo Ferrari firing him.

And then there was Nigel Mansell, who belived <inser team here> didn't cared-for/love him enough, to the point he had a persecution mania (he was the inspiration for Ricky Bobby).

He wants a relationship where he gives 100% and he gets 100%. But I think he would not mind not having #1 status provided he can trust his team and his mate has proved to be better than him on equal terms.

, just like McLaren.

I object that, Its yout fault if you died of cold when you had a heater that could have warmed you up. You just need to know how to switch it on. May be he didnt know how to read it, just like how I am stuggling to find out a way to operate the cofffee machine in Italy! :D

He wants a relationship where he gives 100% and he gets 100%. But I think he would not mind not having #1 status provided he can trust his team and his mate has proved to be better than him on equal terms.

then he needs to be with max, he can get what he pays for, and I am sure those girls would give Alonso the number one status! :P

Do you want them with mayonnaise?

There is a one in four chance you may be eating crispy aromatic socks socks in the light of Fred's comments today. :)

:lol:

then he needs to be with max, he can get what he pays for, and I am sure those girls would give Alonso the number one status! :P

Girls are waiting for you in Italy.

Come on, don't be late!

:rolleyes: