Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Huge (as In Massive) News!!

I will attempt to make a serious post on F1. I'm gunna do it. I'm gunna do it. Holy crap. Holy crap. No, I can't do it...no...I won't eat my ****ing broccoli!!!

Alright.

Kim, Phil, Bob, Nick, Henry, Fred, Mark, Nick-o

You discount DC...why you, SWINE!!

I have huge respect for David an all that he has done, but and there is always a but, with the battle for points after Ferrari, McLaren and BMW - Sauber being just so close, the need to qualify in the top ten (Q3) is paramount in all honesty. Granted his race pace is still good, but he is giving too much away in qualy to Mark, Nico, Fernando and even Jarno (who I neglected to mention in my previous post!)

You watch David will make a fool out of me an put the thing on the third row of the grid now!!!

You watch David will make a fool out of me an put the thing on the third row of the grid now!!!

No he won't :P

My podium would be

Massa

Raikkonen

Kubica

I'm not so sure that BMW will be as competative.

I predicted before Bahrain that they could take the constructors lead because that was a track that seems to suit them this year. I also said at that time that I thought that they would slip back again a bit when things come to Europe. I stand by that prediction. The spanish circuit's going to assist Maclaren in getting back on terms although I still think Ferrari are the stronger.

Like I said:

Kimi

Massa

Hamilton

Heidfeld

Alonso

Kubica

Kovi

I think Heidfeld will be fighting back against Kubica - hence the good position for him and Alonso will pull a good start out of the bag after qualifying in a good position on low fuel - it's his home GP after all - he wants to be up there.

But like Dribbler said - would be nice to see Nico up there too - so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that, or atleast a good show from Williams.

4 days to go!

I'm not so sure that BMW will be as competative.

I predicted before Bahrain that they could take the constructors lead because that was a track that seems to suit them this year. I also said at that time that I thought that they would slip back again a bit when things come to Europe. I stand by that prediction. The spanish circuit's going to assist Maclaren in getting back on terms although I still think Ferrari are the stronger.

Like I said:

Kimi

Massa

Hamilton

Heidfeld

Alonso

Kubica

Kovi

I think Heidfeld will be fighting back against Kubica - hence the good position for him and Alonso will pull a good start out of the bag after qualifying in a good position on low fuel - it's his home GP after all - he wants to be up there.

But like Dribbler said - would be nice to see Nico up there too - so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that, or atleast a good show from Williams.

4 days to go!

You rate Alonso/Renault too high or Kubi&Kovi too low.

Barcelona suits Massa, he is brilliant there and he should finish 1st unless Kimi's a really brilliant day which sometimes does sometimes not. BMW-Sauber was very strong last week, they didn't show all their weapons. Besides they are going up while I think McLaren-Mercedes is going down.

I'm new on this forum so here's my first predictions. Let's see how wrong I can get it :P

Kimi

Hamilton

Heidfeld

Kovy

Massa

Alonso

Kubica

Nico

Blah, blah, you need more of ze punishment, blah.

(Sorry, but you gotta admit it's catchy!)

Does anyone know where one can watch ze real Mosley video?

I'm new on this forum so here's my first predictions. Let's see how wrong I can get it :P

Kimi

Hamilton

Heidfeld

Kovy

Massa

Alonso

Kubica

Nico

why Massa behind Kovy and Kubica behind Alonso? And what happened to Trulli?

Barcelona suits Massa, he is brilliant there and he should finish 1st unless Kimi's a really brilliant day which sometimes does sometimes not. BMW-Sauber was very strong last week, they didn't show all their weapons. Besides they are going up while I think McLaren-Mercedes is going down.

hmm - I explained why I think Alonso would do well this race - of course I could well be wrong.

I am sceptical about my predication of Kubica in 6th too, but I also put him below Heidfeld because I think Heidfeld will be fighting back in the BMW team and because I don't think BMW will fair so well in Spain - again, I explained this. Bahrain was the perfect track for them and Spain is a very different track.

Kovi's a great driver and I would like to see him higher, but it takes a while to settle into a team and I think it might take him a few more races to get up where he can be (and to get the Mac tuned to his requirements / style of driving).

Everyone scoffed when I predicted the possibility of BMW taking a temporary lead of the constructors. I'm not saying I'm going to be right this time either, but that's the line up I'm going for.

Last point - I think after last race Kimi will be on a stormer to reassert his leadership in the first European race.

Any how - that's what I reckon.

why Massa behind Kovy and Kubica behind Alonso? And what happened to Trulli?

Massa is erratic. Don't get me wrong, I like him and I think he is a good choice for 2nd driver at Ferrari, but he makes mistakes. He did a good job to win in Bahrain but I just have a feeling he won't do so well this weekend. I don't think this race will be a redwash. I think McLaren and BMW will both be there or thereabouts again and will give the Ferrari's a run for their money. I think Alonso will do well. It is his home race and he will want to give the fans something to shout about. I think someone said it before, and I agree he might go for a low-fuel qualifying spectacular - not pole though the Renault is not quick enought for that - and drive a solid race for a good points finish. Trulli will be there or thereabouts - I've been pleasently surprised by the pace of the Toyota so far and it was a toss-up between him and Nico, but I like Nico better so I gave him the point :)

Eewww! The thought of it just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit :mf_tongue:

I don't really know, I saw a piece of it on YouTube, the whole vid must be somewhere (torrent, emule, etc.)

Massa is erratic. Don't get me wrong, I like him and I think he is a good choice for 2nd driver at Ferrari, but he makes mistakes. He did a good job to win in Bahrain but I just have a feeling he won't do so well this weekend. I don't think this race will be a redwash. I think McLaren and BMW will both be there or thereabouts again and will give the Ferrari's a run for their money. I think Alonso will do well. It is his home race and he will want to give the fans something to shout about. I think someone said it before, and I agree he might go for a low-fuel qualifying spectacular - not pole though the Renault is not quick enought for that - and drive a solid race for a good points finish. Trulli will be there or thereabouts - I've been pleasently surprised by the pace of the Toyota so far and it was a toss-up between him and Nico, but I like Nico better so I gave him the point :)

yes, there's also rain predicted, anything can happen...

Let it rain. *dribbler does rain dance*

Let it rain. *dribbler does rain dance*

Forget about the rain.

Trust me once!

Forget about the rain.

Trust me once!

Forget the rain? No way. Imagine what the eyebrow kid could do if it rains............

Forget the rain? No way. Imagine what the eyebrow kid could do if it rains............

Aquaplanning and spin like he did in Fuji?

:nono1:

The rain in Spain rains mainly on ................Catalunya . :clap3:

I'm with Steve, bring it on !!!

The rain always brings unpredictability to races, and is a big leveler for the cars. Also the best of the drivers come to the top if they're not taken out in the first corner.

This is what happens when there has'nt been an F1 race in ages, nobody could be a$$ed to log on & discuss about races 2 weeks from now!

Oops - most of this is a double post so I've deleted a lot of it now...

DELETED STUFF

As for Massa being great at Spain - I think you're memory must be fairly short (like 1 year).

Here's Massa's previous results in Spain...

2004 - 9th (Sauber addmittedly - so 9th was okay BUT his team mate did better than him)

2005 - 11th (Again with Sauber and this time he did do better than his teammate - well done)

2006 - 4th (Ferrari BUT AGAIN his team mate did better than him)

2007 - Yes he did win last year.

I wouldn't say that these results (especially doing worse than his teammate on 2 out of 4 occasions) constitutes being "brilliant" in Spain. "Pretty good" maybe, but not "brilliant".

Any way - all of these are simply musing, I may well be incorrect - that's the consequence of making predictions - but hey it's just for the fun of it.

As for rain - I'd like to see some too, but I fear we might get a dry race.

Aquaplanning and spin like he did in Fuji?

:nono1:

I was thinking more of Hungary '06 beofre the team screwed him up.

The rain in Spain rains mainly on ................Catalunya . :clap3:

I'm with Steve, bring it on !!!

The rain always brings unpredictability to races, and is a big leveler for the cars. Also the best of the drivers come to the top if they're not taken out in the first corner.

Yep! :thbup: