Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Ferrari Apparently Don't Need Alonso

Ferrari not interested in signing Alonso

Bringing Fernando Alonso to Ferrari to partner world champion Kimi Raikkonen would not be desirable, team president Luca di Montezemolo said on Tuesday.

Alonso denied this month that he had an escape clause in his contract with struggling Renault that might allow him to leave for Ferrari at the end of the Formula One season.

However, Spain's double world champion did say contracts were "very flexible" given his departure from McLaren last year.

Felipe Massa's shaky start for world champions Ferrari this season increased the speculation.

However, Massa won in Bahrain and now Montezemolo has said Alonso would not be the ideal driver.

"To line up a Raikkonen-Alonso double act would mean wanting to damage yourself. I want two equal drivers that work together," the president told Tuesday's Gazzetta dello Sport.

Di Montezemolo also said he would be devoting more time to Ferrari after stepping down as head of Italy's industry body.

Alonso, meanwhile, told El Pais newspaper on Monday that his future at Renault would depend on the team providing him with a car capable of fighting on top.

"There are a lot of factors to evaluate," the Spaniard said. "My first option is to stay with Renault if we manage to create a winning car, and the truth is that we are moving forwards.

"But what I do want is a car with which I can win. There are several, Williams, Toyota, BMW and Ferrari, of course, who are always on top no matter what. I wouldn't want to continue fighting to get into Q3."

................................................................................

Good Riddance! Ferrari don't deserve a star like Fernando.....he'd be way better in a nicer team like Williams or BMW.

Personally i'd prefer if Fernando would be in a williams without no pressures and that loving environment.(subject to their financial might of course.)

I don't think Fernando would thrive in Williams tbh. They tend to not favour anyone. Anyway good news that from Ferrari if it's true and not just a smokescreen. But what does everyone think about this quote

To line up a Raikkonen-Alonso double act would mean wanting to damage yourself. I want two equal drivers that work together.

Is he saying Kimi-Alonso would never be an equal partnership, or that for some reason those 2 would never work together, unlike Kimi-Massa? :lol:

Good Riddance! Ferrari don't deserve a star like Fernando.....he'd be way better in a nicer team like Williams or BMW.

Personally i'd prefer if Fernando would be in a williams without no pressures and that loving environment.(subject to their financial might of course.)

:lol::lol: B4 this news broke, every Alonso fan wanted him at Ferrari, now they have to adjust...AGAIN... good riddance, Ferrari don't deserve a spoilt brat that throw tantrums when things don't go his way..... this would've been the worst nightmare for every true Ferrari fan, after the things he's done and said about the team...

Of course thet don't need Alonso. In fact they don't need anybody. Not counting Australia, which was a quite "unusual" race, they have had a perfect start of the season. Why would you change something that is proven to work?

"To line up a Raikkonen-Alonso double act would mean wanting to damage yourself. I want two equal drivers that work together," the president told Tuesday's Gazzetta dello Sport.

I think that sentence could mean nothing or could mean anything. I am sure they don't want to have Raikkonen and Alonso together, but if Ferrari were behind McLaren-Mercedes and BMW-Sauber I'm sure they would try anything to be back on top.

Of course thet don't need Alonso. In fact they don't need anybody. Not counting Australia, which was a quite "unusual" race, they have had a perfect start of the season. Why would you change something that is proven to work?

I think that sentence could mean nothing or could mean anything. I am sure they don't want to have Raikkonen and Alonso together, but if Ferrari were behind McLaren-Mercedes and BMW-Sauber I'm sure they would try anything to be back on top.

This demonstrates the different team operations that exist between Mclaren and Ferrari. Ron Dennis did his all trying to team those 2 discarding the so-called damage Luca is refferring to.....

This demonstrates the different team operations that exist between Mclaren and Ferrari. Ron Dennis did his all trying to team those 2 discarding the so-called damage Luca is refferring to.....

Make no mistake there, they would do just the same. I don't think Ron Dennis did too much to keep Raikkonen with them when Alonso signed for McLaren-Mercedes. Plus Raikkonen was p**sed off, he wanted to leave and Ferrari wanted a really good driver when Schumacher retired. I'm sure Montezemolo is a clever man but I don't think Ron Dennis would be so stupid. If McLaren had got both championships last year they would have kept the drivers no matter who they were. No matter what had happened.

Only when you have problems to solve you try to solve them.

Ferrari not interested in signing Alonso

Bringing Fernando Alonso to Ferrari to partner world champion Kimi Raikkonen would not be desirable, team president Luca di Montezemolo said on Tuesday.

Alonso denied this month that he had an escape clause in his contract with struggling Renault that might allow him to leave for Ferrari at the end of the Formula One season.

However, Spain's double world champion did say contracts were "very flexible" given his departure from McLaren last year.

Felipe Massa's shaky start for world champions Ferrari this season increased the speculation.

However, Massa won in Bahrain and now Montezemolo has said Alonso would not be the ideal driver.

Di Montezemolo also said he would be devoting more time to Ferrari after stepping down as head of Italy's industry body.

Alonso, meanwhile, told El Pais newspaper on Monday that his future at Renault would depend on the team providing him with a car capable of fighting on top.

"There are a lot of factors to evaluate," the Spaniard said. "My first option is to stay with Renault if we manage to create a winning car, and the truth is that we are moving forwards.

"But what I do want is a car with which I can win. There are several, Williams, Toyota, BMW and Ferrari, of course, who are always on top no matter what. I wouldn't want to continue fighting to get into Q3."

................................................................................

I'm not going to get into a slanging match with Alonsosterics, but this quote pretty much sums it up for me. The statement is out there in the open and cannot be spun to mean anything else.

:rolleyes:

I'm not going to get into a slanging match with Alonsosterics, but this quote pretty much sums it up for me. The statement is out there in the open and cannot be spun to mean anything else.

:rolleyes:

How do you know he doesn't mean Kimi?? I reckon Kimi can be a bit of a loose cannon.......................when he's sober :whistling:

Alonso, does not wants to drive for Renault, he can't go back to Mclaren, Ferrai don't want him there, Kubica and NH are doing a good for BMW, Williams is not a front runner team, I can see Alonso trying hard to beat Danica Patrick or maybe as Montoya teammate, everytime I see Top Gun Alonso comes to my mind, Iceman told Maverick in that movie "is not your flight, is your actitude, the enemy is dangerous but right now you more dangerous than the enemy" this apply perfectly to Alonso we just have to change the word "flight" for "drive".

If I were a Renault boss I would be a bit hacked off given Alonso's comments about his four preferred teams - also a bit of spin from him there as he counted Williams and Toyota as winning teams (Williams - historically, yes but not likely to win for a while yet/ever again, consistently and Toyota??? I suppose money talks). With Ross Brawn in there I would have thought Honda would be a better long term bet???

If he is that disinterested in Renault, once silly season starts the words "hot potato" and "dropped like a" spring to mind....

:lol::lol: B4 this news broke, every Alonso fan wanted him at Ferrari, now they have to adjust...AGAIN... good riddance, Ferrari don't deserve a spoilt brat that throw tantrums when things don't go his way..... this would've been the worst nightmare for every true Ferrari fan, after the things he's done and said about the team...

Well I didn't read the whole thread but I feel obliged to reply to this.

I never wanted Nando to go to Ferrari. In fact, any sympathy I have for Alonso will disappear as soon as he enters Maranello. (And I still think he might end up there sooner or later) I don't like Ferrari nor their drivers. And that is not negotiable! :P

Well I didn't read the whole thread but I feel obliged to reply to this.

I never wanted Nando to go to Ferrari. In fact, any sympathy I have for Alonso will disappear as soon as he enters Maranello. (And I still think he might end up there sooner or later) I don't like Ferrari nor their drivers. And that is not negotiable! :P

They do say the older you get, the more stuck in your ways you get....................... :whistling:

Hmm I still reckon Alonso is still Ferrari bound, and the comments don't count for a lot, we've seen it plenty of times where a team will say one thing and do something totally different...

Like in the other thread though, I don't see Kimi and Alonso in the same team, so Alonso's future rests with the iceman in many a way.

No pressure? Loving? I think you need to read up on Team Willy. Frank and Patrick are two of the hardest men on the grid with regard to drivers. Sensitivity and Wiliams do not mix.

To me, Luca's comments are to build Felipe's confidence but also to p!ss on Fernando's fire a little. I do not agree with Alonso's outspokeness when it comes to Renault and their lack of performance. He is putting them under massive pressure and not being a team player. His recent comments about 'struggling to stay motivated' are bordering on the pathetic and not the words of a champion.

He created the situation he is in, he needs to knuckle down and get on with it. The more he sniffs around, the more team owners will frown and wonder whether he would do the same at their team. What we predicted is happening; Alonso is knocking on doors but the doors are being locked.

No driver is bigger than the sport or the teams that operate in it. Fernando is no exception.

I do not agree with Alonso's outspokeness when it comes to Renault and their lack of performance. He is putting them under massive pressure and not being a team player. His recent comments about 'struggling to stay motivated' are bordering on the pathetic and not the words of a champion.

He was very disappointed at the start of the season, and even depressed after Bahrain GP three weeks ago, but his latest comments at Barcelona last week were quite different. I don't know whether he will go back to a depression soon but now I've seen a reasonably optimistic Alonso. He even said he would like to stay in Renault long and help the team to be back on top.

He was very disappointed at the start of the season, and even depressed after Bahrain GP three weeks ago, but his latest comments at Barcelona last week were quite different. I don't know whether he will go back to a depression soon but now I've seen a reasonably optimistic Alonso. He even said he would like to stay in Renault long and help the team to be back on top.

This brilliant man has made his career so unnecessarily complicated and difficult.

No driver is bigger than the sport or the teams that operate in it. Fernando is no exception.

Good post Dribs; I should imagine his latest press comments will just further reinforce teams'/sponsors' opinions of him being a tad difficult to handle...

If I were a Renault boss I would be a bit hacked off given Alonso's comments about his four preferred teams - also a bit of spin from him there as he counted Williams and Toyota as winning teams (Williams - historically, yes but not likely to win for a while yet/ever again, consistently and Toyota??? I suppose money talks). With Ross Brawn in there I would have thought Honda would be a better long term bet???

If he is that disinterested in Renault, once silly season starts the words "hot potato" and "dropped like a" spring to mind....

Where do you get those comments from? I never heard that in Spain. And honestly I cannot believe Alonso said that. In a quite recent interview just after Bahrain GP he said he had a few offers last summer if my memory serves me well they were Red Bull, Toyota, Williams and Renault, why would he signed for Renault. He recognised he didn't have an offer from BMW.

http://www.cadenaser.com/deportes/audios/f...srcsrdep_2/Aes/

This brilliant man has made his career so unnecessarily complicated and difficult.

Your comment might be true but I still cannot believe Alonso said what's been posted in this thread.

I wish i could disagree here but i'm afraid i can't. :unsure:

Yep. And you know what? Renault aren't going anywhere this year anyway. If i were them i would send a shiver down the pitlane and fire Fernando if he makes more comments like that. They are a highly respected oufit, not a team to be made a mockery of by Fernando. Sack him, Prost/Ferrari stylee!

No pressure? Loving? I think you need to read up on Team Willy. Frank and Patrick are two of the hardest men on the grid with regard to drivers. Sensitivity and Wiliams do not mix.

To me, Luca's comments are to build Felipe's confidence but also to p!ss on Fernando's fire a little. I do not agree with Alonso's outspokeness when it comes to Renault and their lack of performance. He is putting them under massive pressure and not being a team player. His recent comments about 'struggling to stay motivated' are bordering on the pathetic and not the words of a champion.

He created the situation he is in, he needs to knuckle down and get on with it. The more he sniffs around, the more team owners will frown and wonder whether he would do the same at their team. What we predicted is happening; Alonso is knocking on doors but the doors are being locked.

Great posting Drib!!

Alonso should have shut up and kept his eyes on the prize last year but he was flustered by a young whippersnapper. then he threw his toys out of the pram and left in a strop.

Now he is stuck in a team that cant realistically be expected to win a race this year and is sulking again.

If he had just kept his cool and focused on the bigger picture, he would still be driving for potential word champions Mclaren, but now is sniffing around the other top teams, who I would imagine are not too impressed with his off track behaviour.

I dont see him going to the other top teams any time soon.

He has made his bed (like Button a few years ago) and now he has to lie in it.