Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Ferrari Apparently Don't Need Alonso

This brilliant man has made his career so unnecessarily complicated and difficult.

Very true, and unfortunate in many ways.

http://www.totalf1.com/fullstory/view/2543...teams_for_2009/

"Alonso, the 26-year-old winner of 19 grands prix between 2003 and last year, is now making no secret of his search for a winning c#ckpit for 2009.

"What I want is to race in a car that can give me victories," he confirmed to the Spanish newspaper El Pais.

"There are several - Williams, Toyota, BMW and Ferrari - that are always on top, no matter what," Alonso said. "

This must be the one! I read it a few days ago and I was actually surprised! I don't think FA is handling this very well and it makes me wonder about the people consulting him(managers etc). It's ok to think about some of the things he says but maybe he shouldn't make them public. Then again, the fact he does, may indicate he is being rather arrogant and doesn' t think clearly!

Yep. And you know what? Renault aren't going anywhere this year anyway. If i were them i would send a shiver down the pitlane and fire Fernando if he makes more comments like that. They are a highly respected oufit, not a team to be made a mockery of by Fernando. Sack him, Prost/Ferrari stylee!

The problem with that would obviously be the sponsers who switched to Renault after he moved and Reno want a good driver not their pay/test driver (Yamamoto or the other 2)

"There are several - Williams, Toyota, BMW and Ferrari - that are always on top, no matter what," Alonso said.

He is talking about Ferrari there.

I wish i could disagree here but i'm afraid i can't. :unsure:

Yes, and that is why you are a great addition to the forum, unlike some other Alonso fanatics. Having said that, I find AleHop's posts far more sensible in this thread. (I agree with his one immediately above me, and asking someone else to translate that Alonso quote further up was a nice idea - I would if I could! :P )

I dont see him going to the other top teams any time soon.

Yeah I think you're right. No wonder he's sulking again. :lol:

Luca di Montezemollo has read my posts here, I am telling you so for months. :D

Yes, and that is why you are a great addition to the forum, unlike some other Alonso fanatics. Having said that, I find AleHop's posts far more sensible in this thread. (I agree with his one immediately above me, and asking someone else to translate that Alonso quote further up was a nice idea - I would if I could! :P )

Sensible?

:eusa_think:

I must be doing something wrong.

I'm not going to get into a slanging match with Alonsosterics, but this quote pretty much sums it up for me. The statement is out there in the open and cannot be spun to mean anything else.

:rolleyes:

I agree.

No pressure? Loving? I think you need to read up on Team Willy. Frank and Patrick are two of the hardest men on the grid with regard to drivers. Sensitivity and Wiliams do not mix.

To me, Luca's comments are to build Felipe's confidence but also to p!ss on Fernando's fire a little. I do not agree with Alonso's outspokeness when it comes to Renault and their lack of performance. He is putting them under massive pressure and not being a team player. His recent comments about 'struggling to stay motivated' are bordering on the pathetic and not the words of a champion.

He created the situation he is in, he needs to knuckle down and get on with it. The more he sniffs around, the more team owners will frown and wonder whether he would do the same at their team. What we predicted is happening; Alonso is knocking on doors but the doors are being locked.

No driver is bigger than the sport or the teams that operate in it. Fernando is no exception.

Great post Steve :thbup:

He was very disappointed at the start of the season, and even depressed after Bahrain GP three weeks ago, but his latest comments at Barcelona last week were quite different. I don't know whether he will go back to a depression soon but now I've seen a reasonably optimistic Alonso. He even said he would like to stay in Renault long and help the team to be back on top.

I think Fernando is just starting to get his head around exactly what he has done over the last year or so and realise that he certainly hasn't done himself any favours in that time. The quicker he gets his mind back on the job, the quicker he and Renault together are going to develop the car into a solid point scoring car.

This brilliant man has made his career so unnecessarily complicated and difficult.

Spot on :thbup:

I'm not going to get into a slanging match with Alonsosterics, but this quote pretty much sums it up for me. The statement is out there in the open and cannot be spun to mean anything else.

:rolleyes:

Yup

No pressure? Loving? I think you need to read up on Team Willy. Frank and Patrick are two of the hardest men on the grid with regard to drivers. Sensitivity and Wiliams do not mix.

To me, Luca's comments are to build Felipe's confidence but also to p!ss on Fernando's fire a little. I do not agree with Alonso's outspokeness when it comes to Renault and their lack of performance. He is putting them under massive pressure and not being a team player. His recent comments about 'struggling to stay motivated' are bordering on the pathetic and not the words of a champion.

He created the situation he is in, he needs to knuckle down and get on with it. The more he sniffs around, the more team owners will frown and wonder whether he would do the same at their team. What we predicted is happening; Alonso is knocking on doors but the doors are being locked.

No driver is bigger than the sport or the teams that operate in it. Fernando is no exception.

nail on the head

Good post Dribs; I should imagine his latest press comments will just further reinforce teams'/sponsors' opinions of him being a tad difficult to handle...

True

Great posting Drib!!

Alonso should have shut up and kept his eyes on the prize last year but he was flustered by a young whippersnapper. then he threw his toys out of the pram and left in a strop.

Now he is stuck in a team that cant realistically be expected to win a race this year and is sulking again.

If he had just kept his cool and focused on the bigger picture, he would still be driving for potential word champions Mclaren, but now is sniffing around the other top teams, who I would imagine are not too impressed with his off track behaviour.

I dont see him going to the other top teams any time soon.

He has made his bed (like Button a few years ago) and now he has to lie in it.

I agree

Oh I just hate having to agree with everyone even if I do agree anyways :P

What is happening is what some of us were saying all along - his stock has plummeted so far it's beyond a joke. It has nothing to do with Ron Dennis, Lewis Hamilton or McLaren. He, put simply, is a pillick.

Just because you are a 2x WDC does not give you the right to be above any team or any other driver. If he followed Jack Brabhams words or wisdom, "when the flag drops the bulls##t stops", he'd still be up there in a competitive car.

Alonso needs to focus on his current contract with renaut, the future will sort itself. He is still very young at 26, and very, very talented, so hopefully he will be in a top car soon, if he sorts himself out a bit. Last year for me was 50% alonso 50% Mclaren /Ron to be precise

Good post this - Mansell, Hill, JPM and Zanardi would never describe Williams as a loving environment.

The thing is, Ferrari at the moment does not need Alonso, they have the WDC, and a number 2, so no need to rush and change, but even Luca did not said that Ferrari was closed to Alonso forever, he is too canny for this, and let us admit, Alonso is one of the 2 top drivers in the grid right now. He will eventually find another winning ride.

On the meanwhile he should take a page out of Kimi

:lol: It wouldn't surprise me! :P

:blush:

Honestly, I think I am quite right if I say Alonso's comments are twisted. I admit he has some character flaws like any other F1 driver (more if we talk about WDC) but he is a straight man and I think it is more important than any other thing now. He has to change his public image in UK and Germany, it is far too negative and F1 is english spoken.

:blush:

Honestly, I think I am quite right if I say Alonso's comments are twisted. I admit he has some character flaws like any other F1 driver (more if we talk about WDC) but he is a straight man and I think it is more important than any other thing now. He has to change his public image in UK and Germany, it is far too negative and F1 is english spoken.

Thats why F1 doesn't need him. :P

Thats why F1 doesn't need him. :P

Be careful, they don't speak english in Italy. :unsure:

And you could be allergic to pasta. :P

Actually, you should ask your italian mates what they think about Alonso and you'll see his public image is not that bad there. Is not as bad as it is in UK and Germany in any other country in the Sun System.

Enjoy!

Alonso needs to focus on his current contract with renaut, the future will sort itself. He is still very young at 26, and very, very talented, so hopefully he will be in a top car soon, if he sorts himself out a bit. Last year for me was 50% alonso 50% Mclaren /Ron to be precise

A very good point and not something we mention too often. With all that has gone on in his career, it's a fact that is sometimes easy to forget. His hunger is understandable though and try telling him that he has years to get a good drive. Not something he would want to hear, i'm guessing.

The fact he is a champion will not aid his frustrations but he needs to take a step back and look at the picture.

Top of my list of priorities, if i were him, would be proving to Montezemolo that i am better than Kimi; walking, not just talking.

Yep. And you know what? Renault aren't going anywhere this year anyway. If i were them i would send a shiver down the pitlane and fire Fernando if he makes more comments like that. They are a highly respected oufit, not a team to be made a mockery of by Fernando. Sack him, Prost/Ferrari stylee!

I wouldn't do that I would use him as a test driver if the contract allows it other way I would promote NP to fisrt driver and find the way to make him look better than Alonso that way anybody would be interested in signing him again.

Now seriously speaking that is exactly what I don't like about him, that big mouth that he can't control, maybe he is good braking in F1 but he can not stop his tongue, he si suppose to appreciate what Renault did for him just Renault is doing by recieving him back again after the way he spoke about the team the last time he drove for them, he is a very good driver but I don't like him as a person, he knows how much a driver depend on the team behind him to be a sucessfull driver but he doesn't take that into consideration and only think about him, he only thanks the team when he wins.