Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Ferrari Apparently Don't Need Alonso

That's old hat, he hasn't delivered for a while. Many drivers have a couple of glory years in their careers, very few have kept it up throughout their career.

Really? Doesn't seem to be doing much for the Renault is it. And if we can credit him with the small increase in pace in Barca, why can't we blame him for the engine failure?

The development argument is complete hogwash. Schumacher was considered a good development driver, but the most important factor was he did exactly what a a team could ever ask for from a driver - he stayed with them patiently through difficult times, wringing out the best performances he could, showed loyalty, didn't makes stupid remarks to the press. He was the perfect team player, that was the most important factor in Schumacher being a good development driver.

Alonso is a notoriously poor team player, perhaps the worst on the grid. Even after his Mclaren disaster, he refuses to learn. He refuses to sign for Renault for more than an year, makes it increasingly obvious to anyone that he will be off to greener pastures if the chance comes up, and talking rubbish about the team to the press. Alonso is the master of that. If he ends up being in a team with a great car, and a subservient driver, he can do great things. Otherwise, he implodes in paranoia (the term used by Pat Symonds), and alienates everyone with his unflagging selfishness in a team sport.

So Schu sticked with Jordan for how long ?!

.. one race ... :lol:

Hopefully, you will recognize the style :whistling:

You completely missed the point (Or maybe you're being deliberately obtuse. I didn't say anything about not discussing it, it's like talking about the characters in a soap opera - you know they aren't real but it can be an interesting discussion point. But there's no reason to get angry about it, to let it affect your mood negatively, or let it read to personal animosity - look at the post I quoted below :wacko: What a pointless expression of unpleasantness. If my post offended him so much, should he have fumed at his keyboard, frothed at his mouth and type it out, or gone outside in the warm sun, looked at the birds, the flowers and realized that there is no point getting worked up over something someone who is just a silly name on a computer screen wrote about someone who's goal in life is to get across a line painted on the road a fraction of a second before everyone else :D

Maybe cav feels that being an anti-alonso vigilante gives some meaning to his otherwise pointless existance? or just maybe the guys down at the ferrari humpers club have brainwashed him. Who knows, either way it makes for funny reading.

Let's try something - I am willing to if some other people go along with it as well. For the next weekend, let's switch allegiances. You become a Ferrari fan, I become a Renault / Alonso fan. Change our avatars, signatures and discuss things from a different perspective. In my opinion if you can't do that, you take sporting allegiances way too seriously. Who's in? :D

So Schu sticked with Jordan for how long ?!

.. one race ... :lol:

Which is completely missing the point, I didn't say Alonso should have stuck with Minardi, did I? I said he was an idiot to burn his bridges at Mclaren as that has hurt his chances of moving to a successful team. Just like Button did with Honda. Renault are a shadow of the team they were a couple of years ago, and Alonso knows that, which is why he talked of Williams :wacko: as a team he'd like to move to.

Let's try something - I am willing to if some other people go along with it as well. For the next weekend, let's switch allegiances. You become a Ferrari fan, I become a Renault / Alonso fan. Change our avatars, signatures and discuss things from a different perspective. In my opinion if you can't do that, you take sporting allegiances way too seriously. Who's in? :D

Sure lets do it :P

You completely missed the point (Or maybe you're being deliberately obtuse. I didn't say anything about not discussing it, it's like talking about the characters in a soap opera - you know they aren't real but it can be an interesting discussion point. But there's no reason to get angry about it, to let it affect your mood negatively, or let it read to personal animosity - look at the post I quoted below :wacko: What a pointless expression of unpleasantness. If my post offended him so much, should he have fumed at his keyboard, frothed at his mouth and type it out, or gone outside in the warm sun, looked at the birds, the flowers and realized that there is no point getting worked up over something someone who is just a silly name on a computer screen wrote about someone who's goal in life is to get across a line painted on the road a fraction of a second before everyone else :D

Which is completely missing the point, I didn't say Alonso should have stuck with Minardi, did I? I said he was an idiot to burn his bridges at Mclaren as that has hurt his chances of moving to a successful team. Just like Button did with Honda. Renault are a shadow of the team they were a couple of years ago, and Alonso knows that, which is why he talked of Williams :wacko: as a team he'd like to move to.

I am afraid the post below mine made you think I was angry at your post or anything like that. I was actually joking around, as usual. The whistling emoticon should have hinted this, but I guess it was not enough. Sometimes I wish there was some kind of canned laughter sound in the forums. It worked with the old sitcoms. I wasn't seriously replying to you. I don't take your opinions on Alonso seriously, to be frank :P

As for the allegiance switch, count me out. Better dead than red. That's my motto (and Bruce's :P )

Ahhh the :P emoticon works much better!

Sometimes I wish there was some kind of canned laughter sound in the forums.

You mean the laughter i hear in my head is not real?

You mean the laughter i hear in my head is not real?

The laughter is real. Your head isn't.

:eusa_think:

The laughter is real. Your head isn't.

I assure you that it is. It just may not look real to you because it is adorned with hair.

OK... here goes then:

Oooh Coulthard's a great driver, a definite WDC contender. I love the way he carves his way so skilffully through traffic...

I see a bright future for him in F1 over the next 10 years....

....and he's so handsome....

No, its no good I can't keep it up.... :wacko::rolleyes:

I am afraid the post below mine made you think I was angry at your post or anything like that.

No, not you, someone else. Read my post again. Carefully this time :P

I assure you that it is. It just may not look real to you because it is adorned with hair.

:lolroll:

@Cav: I read it again. Carefully. It's obvious you are saying: "blah, blah, blah, Alonso, blah". *canned laughter*

@Cav: I read it again. Carefully. It's obvious you are saying: "blah, blah, blah, Alonso, blah". *canned laughter*

fanboy :P

I never wanted Nando to go to Ferrari. In fact, any sympathy I have for Alonso will disappear as soon as he enters Maranello. (And I still think he might end up there sooner or later)

:clap3: Totally agreed

Actually, in Italy Alonso is well-liked. First of all he speaks perfect Italian, not Itagnolo (typical language that Spaniards and Italians that can't speak each other's languages speak when speaking each other's language) and he is molto simpatico to Italians.

:lol: Itagnolo...never heard of that word

OK... here goes then:

Oooh Coulthard's a great driver, a definite WDC contender. I love the way he carves his way so skilffully through traffic...

I see a bright future for him in F1 over the next 10 years....

....and he's so handsome....

No, its no good I can't keep it up.... :wacko::rolleyes:

:lol: Itagnolo...never heard of that word

I thought it was some kind of pasta dish. :blush:

I thought it was some kind of pasta dish. :blush:

No,that's penne. :unsure:

They add two n to make it longer?

:clap3:

:lolroll: Italians...always showing off

Why do people have villains? Why do people feel they need villlains. And of all villains, why do people pick overpaid entertainers who are created by others.

Why have villains? We're all human, and entertainers don't get picked for their human qualities.

Commie-propaganda.

Commie-propaganda.

:lol: Actually, I took a post from Cav talking about Kuby's gf and and changed some words.

Your rebuttal is, as usual full of paranoid over-defense. You fail to recognise my respect for Fernando. You fail to agree with anything written about him that is negative. You are an annoying antagonist of the highest order. You reguarly threaten the well being of this joyous forum by annoying the very people that make it a place worth visiting. You are like the smell of p!ss that ruins a beautiful canal tow path. You are like a piece of mindless grafiti that destroys a beautiful piece of architecture. You are like a blue bottle swarming around a nice glass of wine. Like an itch. A rash. No respect. No tact. No clue.

Wow, talk about a "paranoid over-defense"... got me smiling alright.

Maybe cav feels that being an anti-alonso vigilante gives some meaning to his otherwise pointless existance? or just maybe the guys down at the ferrari humpers club have brainwashed him. Who knows, either way it makes for funny reading.

Good to see there is someone else laughing at the nonsense....