Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Rant Time!

Ok time to start my rant!!!

Atleast you get Qualy and the races live, over the ditch here in Oz we have the Formula One on Channel 10 (ordinarry free to air channel) who advertised the qualy would be on at 4.30am about 6 - 7 hours delayed for a start, but we have only just started getting qualy for a year or two so better than nothing. Next thing is you get up in the early hours of Sunday morning (something that is just too hard for the Europeans, but that's another matter) but have to get up earlier than the advertised time because Channel 10 on occasions decide to put the qualy on 45 minutes early sometimes. Then this morning the qualy eventually started an hour after the advertised time of 4.30. Now that is F#%king pathetic.

Agree.

So next time you lucky people are watching the entire GP weekend live, give us battlers here in Australia a thought.

Someone hear something? Maybe some wind through the trees? Hmmmm :eusa_think:

:P

Let me give you some reasons;

- Ferrari is .5 secs per lap faster than the rest of the field

- The President insists on staying inspite of calls for his resignation

- Spygate

- Boring races etc

- A monosyllabic, cold WDC with zero charisma

- Inconsistent scheduling

F1 is very boring and you can now see why the likes of ITV are bailing out. 20/20 cricket, on the other hand, will feature 99% of the best players in the world competing for high stakes in the most exciting form of cricket to date.

It's a no brainer to me and perhaps F1 needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Just my take

:thbup:

Yup. I disagree with 2 of your list items, but you got the important ones.

Then this morning the qualy eventually started an hour after the advertised time of 4.30. Now that is F#%king pathetic.

Yeah I heard that too. And yes it is completely pathetic. And you still have to endure James Allen after all that? :blowup:

Beware ranters - here comes a gloat.

The one nice thing about living in China is that Aus / Asian GP's are at convenient time as are the European races.

The only hiccups to the schedule are Brazil and US - ditch those and I'll be happy.

Plus we get qualifying and the race live every race weekend.

Yay for CCTV 5 and their commentator's utter lack of F1 knowledge.

Beware ranters - here comes a gloat.

The one nice thing about living in China is that Aus / Asian GP's are at convenient time as are the European races.

The only hiccups to the schedule are Brazil and US - ditch those and I'll be happy.

Plus we get qualifying and the race live every race weekend.

Yay for CCTV 5 and their commentator's utter lack of F1 knowledge.

I didn't know they showed F1 laces in China. Do the commentatols lape the commentaly?

Despite the race being broadcast live, can't get to see it. Motherf*ckers schedule power cuts for 5 hours a day. F*ck this country. F*ck everyone.

My thoughts are with you, that is truely pathetic.

Yeah my bad sorry.

Well, I'd still say NASCAR is top tier. JPM, JV, and Scott Speed chose the stock car route, with the latter two saying that it was the only series on par with F1. And since none of them are lighting the world on fire in it, I'd reckon it's pretty legit, regardless of whether you're interested in it or not (I haven't been into NASCAR since 2003, it's gone downhill fast). But that's just my opinion.

What I hate about NASCAR coverage in Kiwiland, Eric, is that you lot have ads every four laps, but in NZ we see a camera view from on top of the same car for like 30-laps with no commentary (just engine revs), then the "live" action comes on for 4-laps, then it's back to the same (usually slow) car and it's roof mounted camera for another 30-laps and no commentary, then back for "live" action over another engrossing 4-laps, then a featurette on some sports show coming up on ESPN, then back to 30-laps on that car again with no commentary, then 4-laps of "live" action...repeat until some one does a backflip off the car, show that backflip more times than Nadia Comanchi's (sp) perfect 10, and call it a motorsport presentation.

Or maybe I just don't get it.... :huh:

That sounds pretty bad. The coverage of NASCAR in the USA sucked last I checked, but I don't watch it anymore. I barely watch any "racing" these days. But still, that's pretty lame.

I didn't know they showed F1 laces in China. Do the commentatols lape the commentaly?

Not to offend any of the Asian Invasion members here, I really like you guys, and I know not all of you talk like this, and this is in no way inteded to be offensive, but:

The Japanese IndyCar commentary makes me laugh. DAH NEE KAH! DAH NEE KAH PAH TWIK SHUNG KUNG FU HIDEO FUKUYAMA!

Which had something to do with Danica (Dah Nee Kah?) winning. I'd take it any day of Marty "I Can't" Reid and Scott "Never Had A" Goodyear. By the way, Scott, what's it like to finish second in the Indy 500 (the one thing I dread about the month of May is Scott's stories...)

I was joking with my dad about those guys, and he said they'd make

look dull. It's true; if Scott Goodyear had been asked "Have you ever?" like at the end of the clip, he'd have said "Well, Marty, when I finished second in the Indianapolis 500..."

Oh dear.

I'm actually English myself, but still, what an utter twat.

(sorry admins)

Oh dear.

I'm actually English myself, but still, what an utter twat.

(sorry admins)

I knew that you are English. I was just taking a dig at the way the Chinese speak English.

Taking digs is not racism. Get off the soap box, you bloody tosser.

No apologies there, Bruce & Ed.

I'll stay out of this one, I've had enough of telling Jay how to live his life in other threads...

I knew that you are English. I was just taking a dig at the way the Chinese speak English.

Taking digs is not racism. Get off the soap box, you bloody tosser.

No apologies there, Bruce & Ed.

I never said you were racist - read my post.

"Taking a dig" at the way Chinese people speak English is not only pathetic, but displays your utter ignorance and a humor level matching that of Bernard Manning.

How old are you exactly?

I got tired of the "my mother is Japanese, my father is Chinese and I am Siamese" thing at about 8 years old.

I mean - what did you expect? That we'd all fall about laughing at your witty jape - you joker you! har har har!

Can you write a comical spanish accent too? - I'm sure we'd all find it hilarious.

Then maybe you could do a swedish one next! That would be great.

Can I suggest you start a new thread entitled "LabradoRacer's funny accents" so we can all have a daily chuckle. If you do one every day we'll have over half a years worth of tom-foolery. Joy.

Now here's something that's actually funny....

A woman got on a bus holding her baby.

The bus driver said: "Jesus. That's the ugliest baby I've ever seen."

In a huff, the woman slammed her fare into the fare box and took an aisle seat near the rear of the bus.

The man sat next to her saw that she was angry and asked what was wrong.

"That bus driver just insulted me," she fumed.

The man sympathized and said: "Why, he's a public servant, he shouldn't say things to insult passengers. You go up there and give him a piece of your mind. Here, I'll hold your monkey."

:lol:

I never said you were racist - read my post.

"Taking a dig" at the way Chinese people speak English is not only childish, but displays your utter ignorance.

Many Chinese people speak perfect English - come here and see. Then learn to speak Chinese and see how many compliments you get from average Chinese people even when your Chinese is as terrible as mine. My Chinese is pretty bad (pronunciation / tone wise) and have never had anyone "take a dig" at me for it - quite the contrary - people are extremely kind, encouraging and helpful.

If you can't understand that your "humor" is that of a primary school kid, then I don't think this conversation is going anywhere.

I got tired of the "my mother is Japanese, my father is Chinese and I am Siamese" thing at about 8 years old.

Grow up.

Now here's something that's actually funny....

A woman got on a bus holding her baby.

The bus driver said: "Jesus. That's the ugliest baby I've ever seen."

In a huff, the woman slammed her fare into the fare box and took an aisle seat near the rear of the bus.

The man sat next to her saw that she was angry and asked what was wrong.

"That bus driver just insulted me," she fumed.

The man sympathized and said: "Why, he's a public servant, he shouldn't say things to insult passengers. You go up there and give him a piece of your mind. Here, I'll hold your monkey."

Odd that you claim Chinese speak English fluently. If that were the fact, I would expect them to have many call-centers, more than India. I did read in the papers that the Chinese don't speak English too well. There were a few funny examples as well about the mangling of English.

The monkey joke is funny alright.

Who cares how someone speaks English? You're English is different than my English, Jay. I could technically say your English sucks and mine is better than your's because we have a few differences in phrases simply because we are from different areas, but I don't.

I could go to foreign nations and they may not understand the way I pronounce things or the words I use. And so what?

And it's true that you try to pronounce your second language in a way that makes sense according to your first. I speak some Spanish, but when I was learning it I had a lot of trouble pronouncing things because I just pronounced them the way they would be pronounce in English (take favorito, meaning favorite, for example. It's pronounced fah-vor-ee-toe, but I pronounced it fay-vor-ee-toe for the longest time because the English word is fay-vrit).

And Chinese and English are HUGELY different. That's like. Impossible. I could never learn Chinese. At least English has similarities to Spanish (cognates and s##t)...

Though, I can't point fingers when I haven't washed my hands. I did make fun of how the Japanese commentators said Danica Patrick's name...

EDIT: I just bolded a really bad typo I made. I meant "your" but I said "you're." So my English is flawed, too, and that's my first language...

Odd that you claim Chinese speak English fluently. If that were the fact, I would expect them to have many call-centers, more than India. I did read in the papers that the Chinese don't speak English too well. There were a few funny examples as well about the mangling of English.

The monkey joke is funny alright.

What is worrying me more deeply here is that you appear unable to read English yourself and yet you are "taking digs" at Chinese pronunciation.

I said: "Oh dear. I'm actually English myself, but still, what an utter twat."

You said: "Taking digs is not racism." - I didn't mention racism - ignorant yes, but racist, I don't know you well enough to say that.

I said: "Many Chinese people speak perfect English" - which they do.

You said: "you claim Chinese speak English fluently" - which I didn't - thus making your last post completely pointless.

Quite frankly, I suggest you learn to speak English yourself before we continue this discussion.

I could take the royal p**s out of the Indian accent - wouldn't that be hilarious? no - it wouldn't.

You sad little man.

Who cares how someone speaks English? You're English is different than my English, Jay. I could technically say your English sucks and mine is better than your's because we have a few differences in phrases simply because we are from different areas, but I don't.

I could go to foreign nations and they may not understand the way I pronounce things or the words I use. And so what?

And it's true that you try to pronounce your second language in a way that makes sense according to your first. I speak some Spanish, but when I was learning it I had a lot of trouble pronouncing things because I just pronounced them the way they would be pronounce in English (take favorito, meaning favorite, for example. It's pronounced fah-vor-ee-toe, but I pronounced it fay-vor-ee-toe for the longest time because the English word is fay-vrit).

And Chinese and English are HUGELY different. That's like. Impossible. I could never learn Chinese. At least English has similarities to Spanish (cognates and s##t)...

Though, I can't point fingers when I haven't washed my hands. I did make fun of how the Japanese commentators said Danica Patrick's name...

EDIT: I just bolded a really bad typo I made. I meant "your" but I said "you're." So my English is flawed, too, and that's my first language...

Thank you Eric, but I think logic and reason are not this lad's strong points. Nor, it seems, is reading.

Nobody speaks English worse than English people.

-_-

:) Yep - Too true. Here's a question though - Since when was "gotton" a word? For that one we have the US to thank - sorry Eric. ;)

Well...you cant behave alone ah?

children. <_<

...moving this to the caf

:) Yep - Too true. Here's a question though - Since when was "gotton" a word? For that one we have the US to thank - sorry Eric. ;)

:lol: Although USA-speak varies by region. If "gotton" is supposed to be "gotten," I actually say it "gotten."

But I grew up in the New York area and then the Boston area...two of the best places to live you want to talk funny ;)

:lol: Although USA-speak varies by region. If "gotton" is supposed to be "gotten," I actually say it "gotten."

But I grew up in the New York area and then the Boston area...two of the best places to live you want to talk funny ;)

Yeah Newsradio had an episode on the Boston accent which was quite funny....

Grrrr - I hate people that get that around the wrong way. Quick Eric, say something funny to redeem yourself!! grrrr

;) - sorry Eric - show's my ignorance of US English - In England we just say got. As in "I've got an apple" or "He's got very big in the last few years." In America it became gotten - get, got, gotten like forget, forgot, forgotten. In England it's get, got, got. So It always sounds funny to me to hear Americans say gotten.

As for NY and Boston - I totally agree. What is cwarfee anyhow?

Grrrr - I hate people that get that around the wrong way. Quick Eric, say something funny to redeem yourself!! grrrr

"Your dog s##t on my lawn!" or "You're dog s##t on my lawn!" hmm.