Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

La Qualy Del Gp De Espa

Maybe you really should have a look at the blog. If it was crap, it wouldn't have got me a job in McCann Erickson Advertising.
There are so many responses to that but this is going to devolve in to an ugly public battle so I'll just keep that wry smile in my head.

Maybe you really should have a look at the blog. If it was crap, it wouldn't have got me a job in McCann Erickson Advertising.

Did your blog really land you the job? I'd find it a little strange if you just sent them a link to your blog and they hired you...

But I'm not dissing your blog in general; it's good. And you've earned a job, no doubt.

Congrats on getting it... When are you leaving?

There are so many responses to that but this is going to devolve in to an ugly public battle so I'll just keep that wry smile in my head.

Yeah...I'm going to back off before this turns into a personal attack battle. Esp. cuz Lab's one of my best online friends.

Yeah...I'm going to back off before this turns into a personal attack battle. Esp. cuz Lab's one of my best online friends.

:byebye:

:P

On a related note, I wonder how good Heikki really is, and I wonder if McLaren will make a bid to get Vettel in 2009 (Vettel supposedly was their first choice, Heikki was third)...

Oh dammit! I'm speculating. Crap.

OOOOh! Superb drive by Alonso! (though I didn't watch it) :D .

Indeed!

Abbas, my man, it would appear that the boy God may just be a flash in the pan and the performance of the Mclaren in 07 was due in large part to Nando. I fear Mclaren will lose out to both Ferrari and BMW, they just don't have the leadership required to mount a strong WDC/WCC challenge.

:huh:

Amazing job by Nando, If he can even score a podium in the race, i will be shocked but otherwise brilliant performance by Alonso and Renault...

I wonder though is Alonso's slagging of Renault a technique to get the team to perform better???

Tomorrow will tell how much lighter than the rest Nando was, and if that strategy is good enough or not.

But what is certainly clear besides that is that Renault is once again showing were they have always shone: starting with a crappy car and working their asses off to improve it.

Keeping in mind that most of their recent developings (besides making the car as ugly as it gets) were probably not planned in 2007, it is amazing how many new solutions they had to develop to turn the nerfed down R2008 (due to their own spygate, apparently) into something that at least could be good enough to take an uninspired Piquet into P10. And let's not forget that they had to work all night to reconstruct Nando's chassis.

The guys at Renault work hard. Alonso's slagging might be a tactic, but they worked this way decades before Nando (in the turbo days) They are the true heroes today, and that's undisputable.

Indeed!

Abbas, my man, it would appear that the boy God may just be a flash in the pan and the performance of the Mclaren in 07 was due in large part to Nando. I fear Mclaren will lose out to both Ferrari and BMW, they just don't have the leadership required to mount a strong WDC/WCC challenge.

Bah, don't be down. The Boy God is an incredible driver, no matter how they're performing. The MP4/23 isn't a Ferrari (cough), but Lewis is still a hell of a driver.

I also recall the lack of TC was going to hurt him a lot due to his driving style and tire wear, but I forget exactly what the details of that were, or if that has any substance.

Guys STFU, lets enjoy the race tomorrow, hope i get to watch the race somewhere...

Yes, let's. I am going to DVR it and actually watch a grand prix. Can you believe that, kids?

(I also watch the Oz GP and Malaysia, then I bailed for Bahrain)...

I wonder though is Alonso's slagging of Renault a technique to get the team to perform better???

I agree the guy talk too much but slagging is not the word for sure.

Let's see whether this is real or not (maybe tomorrow we realise that the guy is as far as he used to be in the first three races) but it seems that those teams Fernando leave go down (Renault first McLaren now... :naughty: ) and those were Fernando is improves dramatically. Probably he was partially right when he talked about those 0.6 seconds (for sure you have to be a d#ck head to say something like that but well... fair to reckon the guy must do something right)

I think Mclaren may have been a little too conservative after last year, they made a big fuss about fixing their weak points instead of making the same kind of big steps that Ferrari have made since race 1. Maybe they assumed Ferrari wouldn't pull a big step out of the bag or that their comparative unreliability would continue? Whatever the case in this notoriously unpredictable sport they guessed wrong.

Ironic that you talk about "ugly public battle" when you've got a pretty rough tongue.

Anyway , to hell with what you think of me & my blog. It was appreciated by the people who matter, & that's that.

And so the ugly public battle prediction became a reality...

So, uhh, anyway...who wants to talk about F1? And if you don't, you can talk about poultry in the Cafe or something...

Ok, back to the race thing. Sad that I won't get to see the race. 2 reasons : A wedding to attend & power cuts. :(

I'm sure if there's any highlights, they'll make it to YouTube...

Indeed!

No, Performance of 07 car has nothing to do with Alonso, Mclaren admitted during 06 that they were concentrating on the 07 package very early and it showed. Last year Mclaren could have won both the titles if they didn't have two top drivers. Pedro should have been retained in the race seat and Lewis should have been given the test seat, still Lewis would have ended up being Alonso's team mate anyways. Mclaren have other guys in the team. Pedro should be given the chance to drive around the track on fridays with one of the drivers taking turns sacrificing their practice runs. It would help. But its Kimi who is driving a Ferrari. Hard to beat, I swear.

I'm sure if there's any highlights, they'll make it to YouTube...

No, I think I'll download the race. NOt the same as watching live but something is better than nothing.

Bah, don't be down. The Boy God is an incredible driver, no matter how they're performing. The MP4/23 isn't a Ferrari (cough), but Lewis is still a hell of a driver.

I also recall the lack of TC was going to hurt him a lot due to his driving style and tire wear, but I forget exactly what the details of that were, or if that has any substance.

He just has to calm down, and get rid of Pause and restart buttons on the playstation type steering wheel. It would help.

I wonder if they have a button where MILK is written on it. Incase the young drivers feel tired.

No, Performance of 07 car has nothing to do with Alonso, Mclaren admitted during 06 that they were concentrating on the 07 package very early and it showed. Last year Mclaren could have won both the titles if they didn't have too top drivers. Pedro should have been retained in the race seat and Lewis should have been given the test seat, still Lewis would have ended up being Alonso's team mate anyways. Mclaren have other guys in the team. Pedro should be given the chance to drive around the track on fridays with one of the drivers taking turns sacrificing their practice runs. It would help. But its Kimi who is driving a Ferrari. Hard to beat, I swear.
Plus 'nando didn't get his hands on the MP4-23 until december or give any input to it before then so surely if it were 'nando's skill they would have been more impressive late in the season than at the start instead of the other way around? Also, wouldn't the R28 have been a stronger competitor before now? Or the R27 early last year and the R26 towards the end of 2006? 'Nando did not make the difference witht he MP4-23, Mclaren did.

Tomorrow will tell how much lighter than the rest Nando was, and if that strategy is good enough or not.

But what is certainly clear besides that is that Renault is once again showing were they have always shone: starting with a crappy car and working their asses off to improve it.

Keeping in mind that most of their recent developings (besides making the car as ugly as it gets) were probably not planned in 2007, it is amazing how many new solutions they had to develop to turn the nerfed down R2008 (due to their own spygate, apparently) into something that at least could be good enough to take an uninspired Piquet into P10. And let's not forget that they had to work all night to reconstruct Nando's chassis.

The guys at Renault work hard. Alonso's slagging might be a tactic, but they worked this way decades before Nando (in the turbo days) They are the true heroes today, and that's undisputable.

Or tehy decided to spy on BMW this year :P Nah just joking man, They have seriously worked very hard and very fast. Its an incrediable feat...

Ok, back to the race thing. Sad that I won't get to see the race. 2 reasons : A wedding to attend & power cuts. :(

Don't worry with me as the offical commentator you can catch the 'big' events on the race thread... and then follow it on with highlights.

jk i will try to do a better than my current crappy job for you...