Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

La Qualy Del Gp De Espa

Plus 'nando didn't get his hands on the MP4-23 until december or give any input to it before then so surely if it were 'nando's skill they would have been more impressive late in the season than at the start instead of the other way around? Also, wouldn't the R28 have been a stronger competitor before now? Or the R27 early last year and the R26 towards the end of 2006? 'Nando did not make the difference witht he MP4-23, Mclaren did.

Whatever... Fernando never did anything :lol:

I think Mclaren may have been a little too conservative after last year, they made a big fuss about fixing their weak points instead of making the same kind of big steps that Ferrari have made since race 1. Maybe they assumed Ferrari wouldn't pull a big step out of the bag or that their comparative unreliability would continue? Whatever the case in this notoriously unpredictable sport they guessed wrong.

well they (McLaren) certainly felt confident after the first race. What was the comment again after Hamilton won? 15 like this one? Or something like that...? They did not see this one coming,did they? If they do not improve soon, firing Alonso will come down as one of the biggest blunders in F1 history? But just barely over the ridiculous performance of last year and the way in which the gave away the title away to Ferrari... Way to Mclaren!!!!

No, Performance of 07 car has nothing to do with Alonso, Mclaren admitted during 06 that they were concentrating on the 07 package very early and it showed.

Yup, interesting argument from you and ES. One of the most interesting things this year has always been Renault's performance with the return of Alonso. I've always argued drivers can't make all that much of a difference technically and it will be fun to see how it pans out.

Off topic, some people here need to calm down and lighten up.

Plus 'nando didn't get his hands on the MP4-23 until december or give any input to it before then so surely if it were 'nando's skill they would have been more impressive late in the season than at the start instead of the other way around? Also, wouldn't the R28 have been a stronger competitor before now? Or the R27 early last year and the R26 towards the end of 2006? 'Nando did not make the difference witht he MP4-23, Mclaren did.

Heh, People would still argue with you, you know that.

Ferrari is one such example how good a team can be in developing a car. Kimi is never famous for developing a car or shaving six tenths like Alonso claimed he did for Mclaren. But still as Alehop said, Kimi is on top of them :P .

But it does not mean that I sat Nando is bad. He is a bloody good racer.

Why what happened? I didn't get the chance to see the qualifying!

He was on very good lap, a very good S1 and then he made some kind of mistake... Nothing too serious but he had a very good opportunity to show whether he is really a Champion.

Yup, interesting argument from you and ES. One of the most interesting things this year has always been Renault's performance with the return of Alonso. I've always argued drivers can't make all that much of a difference technically and it will be fun to see how it pans out.

We are calm. Why do you say that? I'm gonna kill you!!! Then I'm gonna bring you back to life again and kill you once more you hear me???

Seriously: development of the car is here being used in 2 different senses and I think that is why nobody will ever agree with anybody else:

a ) the initial plan of development and general concept (the big chunk) which is of course the foundation of the next year's car.

b ) the developement during season: continuous small improvements (and last minute wacky ideas when you find out your previous year careful planning was s##t) plus adapting the car to the driver. In a sport where the great cars and the awful cars are separated by a mere couple of seconds per lap, they can make a huge impact. Here's where the driver matters the most, but he is not the only factor.

Both phases are needed and both phases make a great difference. Ferrari is usually very strong in phase a) which makes them look strong most of the time. Renault many times sucked at phase a ) but they are great at phase b ).

Heh, People would still argue with you, you know that.

Ferrari is one such example how good a team can be in developing a car. Kimi is never famous for developing a car or shaving six tenths like Alonso claimed he did for Mclaren. But still as Alehop said, Kimi is on top of them :P .

But it does not mean that I sat Nando is bad. He is a bloody good racer.

Well I've always thought the idea that Kimi was a bad developer wasn't quite on the money. For all I've heard he was always unusually good at it but fairly lazy about it in his Mclaren days. As much as I am a fan of Mclaren Ferrari do seem to be getting more out of him. Other than that I totally agree.

IF ALonso finishes on the podium tomorrow I will eat my hat.

That is all.

You don't wear a hat. That is cheating.

If Nando makes it to the podium tomorrow, however, I will eat my yarmulke.

Well I've always thought the idea that Kimi was a bad developer wasn't quite on the money. For all I've heard he was always unusually good at it but fairly lazy about it in his Mclaren days. As much as I am a fan of Mclaren Ferrari do seem to be getting more out of him. Other than that I totally agree.

In 2005 we saw he had a rocket of a car, but it was just win or loose kind of performance. I think his best race ever was the Suzuka 2005. When given the good car he is really motivated and he knows how to get the best out of it. In 2006 you know what happened, even when he had the chance to win the threw it away with a silly mistake. Yes you are right, Ferrari are getting the best out of him.

No, IF Nando doesn't moan about something this weekend (Renault forgetting to put any fuel in perhaps?) I'll eat my yarmulke.

Oh and I agree with all you said about development, but I still reckon no one can make a huge difference. If Renault find 0.5s/lap on Ferrari by season's end, I'll put that down to the team more than the drivers, although I do agree that Kimi isn't particularly good technically. Peter Sauber and McLaren seem to concur there.

whats a yarmulke?

We are calm. Why do you say that? I'm gonna kill you!!! Then I'm gonna bring you back to life again and kill you once more you hear me???

Seriously: development of the car is here being used in 2 different senses and I think that is why nobody will ever agree with anybody else:

a ) the initial plan of development and general concept (the big chunk) which is of course the foundation of the next year's car.

b ) the developement during season: continuous small improvements (and last minute wacky ideas when you find out your previous year careful planning was s##t) plus adapting the car to the driver. In a sport where the great cars and the awful cars are separated by a mere couple of seconds per lap, they can make a huge impact. Here's where the driver matters the most, but he is not the only factor.

Both phases are needed and both phases make a great difference. Ferrari is usually very strong in phase a) which makes them look strong most of the time. Renault many times sucked at phase a ) but they are great at phase b ).

Testing ban seriously hampers the driver's input to car development. That is just my opinion.

No, IF Nando doesn't moan about something this weekend (Renault forgetting to put any fuel in perhaps?) I'll eat my yarmulke.

So, it means you're circumcised? :lol: How does it look like? Like a lipstick?

I hope this is enough of "some people need to lighten up" .

Google imaged for it. It's a Jewish skull cap. Not sure if it's kosher to eat it though.

Okay, thanks for that :lol:

But Andres, where would you hide the last remaining hair on the head? :D

So, it means you're circumcised? :lol: How does it look like? Like a lipstick?

I hope this is enough of "some people need to lighten up" .

:lol: Yeah but I also told them to calm down and you're hardly giving them a fair chance there, Jay.

Maybe, but I also think some people here need to calm down and grow up.

So, it means you're circumcised?

Which means you aren't...

Not totally shocking. Hopefully he gets a hell of a start for the sake of making things interesting...

Some people also need to learn "no first attack" principle.

I really have no good reason to be childish and argue with you about it.

There's better things to talk about.