Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

La Qualy Del Gp De Espa

Kimi's a great final lap!

Alonso P2...

Kovi had a great opportunity today to show he is WDC material but he wasted it.

Why what happened? I didn't get the chance to see the qualifying!

uhmmm...i find englishmen are very quiet in this forum today....

:lol: Well, it was an entertaining session but I never really think we learn all that much. Massa blew it again, Kimi came good at the end again, Lewis was OK but nothing special again, Kubi seems to be running lighter than Nick again but it has to be said that Nelsinho did a wonderful job to haul the recalcitrant Renault into the top ten.

Looks like Kimi going to own the other drivers. Mclaren and Bmw need to do more push-ups. Looks like Flavio has kept his word.

:lol: Well, it was an entertaining session but I never really think we learn all that much. Massa blew it again, Kimi came good at the end again, Lewis was OK but nothing special again, Kubi seems to be running lighter than Nick again but it has to be said that Nelsinho did a wonderful job to haul the recalcitrant Renault into the top ten.

Yeah, mention the guy in P10, but not the guy in P2, simply because he's Spanish.

Yeah, mention the guy in P10, but not the guy in P2, simply because he's Spanish.

:lol:

Seriously now, here's PlanetF1 headline: "Kimi shatters Alonso's Spanish dream"...they actually make it look as a defeat! Gotta admire their wit.

Showboating by Assonso. This is all the Spanish public is gonna get to enjoy.

Kubica impresses again. In particular, Kubica & Webbo own their teammates in quali.

I was baffled to see many of the top guys do unnecessary laps in Q1, even after they had posted safe timings to go through to Q2.

Showboating by Assonso. This is all the Spanish public is gonna get to enjoy.

Bias (n.) - The fact that everyone says Kimi beat Lewis to the 2007 WDC by one point, but "forget" that he also beat Alonso by one point.

Your bias is unjustified. Alonso did a damn good job, as did Renault in making their car go fast. You're just scared to admit that Fernando in a much worse car beat a guy in a Ferrari.

Anyone who doesn't think Alonso is damn good can whip Max Mosley's a##.

Bias (n.) - The fact that everyone says Kimi beat Lewis to the 2007 WDC by one point, but "forget" that he also beat Alonso by one point.

Your bias is unjustified. Alonso did a damn good job, as did Renault in making their car go fast. You're just scared to admit that Fernando in a much worse car beat a guy in a Ferrari.

Anyone who doesn't think Alonso is damn good can whip Max Mosley's a##.

You're living in dream world I'm afraid, 'nando was clearly lower on fuel.

In sports, the results talk, the speculation doesn't. In the end, if you get results within the rules of the sport, you got the results. End of story.

And if anyone doesn't think there is a lot of anti-Alonso bias here, they either don't know how to read, or they're an Alonso hater themselves.

And I'm not really an Alonso fan, by the way. I don't have a favorite.

Ole, ole, ole y ole!!!! :lol:

My friends are on the track and i was talking to them on the phone when Fernando got the provisional pole, i was not able to hear anything for more than a minute!!!!

Amazing Fernando and amazing Renault, sure they are short but even that way it's been absolutelly fantastic. It's great seeing them both back, the best thing is that Fernando doesn't need a winning car to win. Give the guy a car a couple of seconds slower than the faster one and he will be fighting for evrything. I'm soooooooo excited :D

In sports, the results talk, the speculation doesn't. In the end, if you get results within the rules of the sport, you got the results. End of story.

And if anyone doesn't think there is a lot of anti-Alonso bias here, they either don't know how to read, or they're an Alonso hater themselves.

And I'm not really an Alonso fan, by the way. I don't have a favorite.

Except that the story ends tomorrow, doesn't it?

Except that the story ends tomorrow, doesn't it?

If it does, then fine. But for now, he got the result, and there's no reason for people to speculate and bash him because of it. If they want to say something about it, I'd rather hear it tomorrow IF he doesn't maintain solid results. Today, though, there is no excuse for the tifosi to be out in full force trying to steal someone's moment because they don't like him.

Fernando's whining can annoy me a lot, too. But it's not a good reason to deny the fact he is one of the best, if not the best, drivers on the grid.

If it does, then fine. But for now, he got the result, and there's no reason for people to speculate and bash him because of it. If they want to say something about it, I'd rather hear it tomorrow IF he doesn't maintain solid results. Today, though, there is no excuse for the tifosi to be out in full force trying to steal someone's moment because they don't like him.
That's a load of crap and you know it. First, most of the people... if not all have been happy for Alonso, myself included, and second, there's no way you can justify claiming it's wrong to speculate on the race before it happens.
Fernando's whining can annoy me a lot, too. But it's not a good reason to deny the fact he is one of the best, if not the best, drivers on the grid.
I don't think you're a 'nando fanboy, I just think you're just trying to save face

That's a load of crap and you know it. First, most of the people... if not all have been happy for Alonso, myself included, and second, there's no way you can justify claiming it's wrong to speculate on the race before it happens.I don't think you're a 'nando fanboy, I just think you're just trying to save face

I'm not accusing you, I'm accusing Jay. The term "Assonso" doesn't come off as someone trying to be realistic. Speculating is one thing, biased speculation is another. His speculation is biased. I know for a fact he hates Alonso, he's told me many times. Unless he presents legitimate reasoning for his speculation, I'm labelling it as pointless garbage, cuz that's what it is.

Amazing job by Nando, If he can even score a podium in the race, i will be shocked but otherwise brilliant performance by Alonso and Renault...

I wonder though is Alonso's slagging of Renault a technique to get the team to perform better???

Really? I'd just assumed that Assonso bit was a typo considering it'd be such a mind-achingly stupid 'joke' that nobody could be responsible for it. Could be wrong...

Over Windows Live, he calls him Assonso all the time. If you've seen his blog, he does a lot of "word play," some of which is good. That one isn't.

I'm not accusing you, I'm accusing Jay. The term "Assonso" doesn't come off as someone trying to be realistic. Speculating is one thing, biased speculation is another. His speculation is biased. I know for a fact he hates Alonso, he's told me many times. Unless he presents legitimate reasoning for his speculation, I'm labelling it as pointless garbage, cuz that's what it is.

True that I hate Assonso. True that he's showboating. True that he'll be made to eat crow tomorrow unless his famous good luck factor kicks in.

I wonder though is Alonso's slagging of Renault a technique to get the team to perform better???

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, and if it is, it seems to be working with both cars in Q3 (regardless of fuel load, it's still an improvement).

True that I hate Assonso. True that he's showboating. True that he'll be made to eat crow tomorrow unless his famous good luck factor kicks in.

Good luck? Give me an example.

And then prove that luck exists.

Really? I'd just assumed that Assonso bit was a typo considering it'd be such a mind-achingly stupid 'joke' that nobody could be responsible for it. Could be wrong...
Over Windows Live, he calls him Assonso all the time. If you've seen his blog, he does a lot of "word play," some of which is good. That one isn't.

No, the word "Assonso" wasn't created by me. It was first coined by another Indian member of TF1 who's no longer active. I forgot his name. All I remember was that he had posted a few photos of himself, his better half & his kid.

Well that's depressing. Oh well, as long as you were making a stand against really crap puns and one particular fanboy I take it all back, Eric.

Not a problem, I'll let it slide.

he may be a bit lighter, but do take a look at q2 times, when everybody is light and you will see he is not far off the pace...