Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

La Qualy Del Gp De Espa

Alonso is one of the best drivers on the grid, if not the best. I can only hope that Renault continue to advance their car and give Alonso the chance he deserves to be always at the front of grid. He will be in quick to refuel but he had a chance to shine and the Renault has shown they have the pace on low fuel and one lap. :D

Ferrari will win, don't they always.

No, Performance of 07 car has nothing to do with Alonso, Mclaren admitted during 06 that they were concentrating on the 07 package very early and it showed. Last year Mclaren could have won both the titles if they didn't have two top drivers. Pedro should have been retained in the race seat and Lewis should have been given the test seat, still Lewis would have ended up being Alonso's team mate anyways. Mclaren have other guys in the team. Pedro should be given the chance to drive around the track on fridays with one of the drivers taking turns sacrificing their practice runs. It would help. But its Kimi who is driving a Ferrari. Hard to beat, I swear.
Plus 'nando didn't get his hands on the MP4-23 until december or give any input to it before then so surely if it were 'nando's skill they would have been more impressive late in the season than at the start instead of the other way around? Also, wouldn't the R28 have been a stronger competitor before now? Or the R27 early last year and the R26 towards the end of 2006? 'Nando did not make the difference witht he MP4-23, Mclaren did.

Make no mistake, Nando did a great job on the MP4-23 but it was possible because the car was good from the start and Alonso had to make some changes and set up to improve a few tenths. If you have a really bad car you are always far from the top no matter what you do.

Today Alonso said on TV they have two important issues to solve but one is more important than the other. If they know what's wrong they can improve, if you don't really know that it is far more difficult. Test drivers are very important for that matter, and today test drivers don't exist.

Why must everything be twisted to the extremes by someone who's trying to take offense?

Overreacting? B)

FA said on Spanish TV they didn't expect 1st row, it was a very nice surprise. They'll pit quite a few laps earlier but they have a decent strategy for sure. Problem could be they haven't improved race pace. What I'd like to know is how much lighter Fernando is than Nelsinho. Could be something like 10 laps?

:eusa_think:

I read thorugh the Qualfying Conference on F1.com and here are bits i found interesting:

Contradication with what Symonds said, but i am sure Alonso lied because its never good to tell your strategy to your enemies...

Aim is still 7th?? I think he underestimates himself or Renault...

All from http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/4/7690.html

I see your point but if it's not good telling your strategy to the enemies that should apply to Symonds as well :huh:

The contradiction is saying on the one hand that he has the optimun strategy and on the other one that he's aiming for a 7th place. Surely he's light in comparission with KR or FM but i honestly don't see Renault and FA sacrifying the race for getting a 5th or 6th possition on the grid (that's what FA has said they were thinking he could get) I don't think he will get a podium but close...

FA said on Spanish TV they didn't expect 1st row, it was a very nice surprise. They'll pit quite a few laps earlier but they have a decent strategy for sure. Problem could be they haven't improved race pace. What I'd like to know is how much lighter Fernando is than Nelsinho. Could be something like 10 laps?

Exactly my thoughts. In the previous races the car seemed to be more "competitive" in the qualy than in the race... Tomorrow will se if they have fixed this up too

I see your point but if it's not good telling your strategy to the enemies that should apply to Symonds as well :huh:

The contradiction is saying on the one hand that he has the optimun strategy and on the other one that he's aiming for a 7th place. Surely he's light in comparission with KR or FM but i honestly don't see Renault and FA sacrifying the race for getting a 5th or 6th possition on the grid (that's what FA has said they were thinking he could get) I don't think he will get a podium but close...

Yeah but Symonds is in charge. He has teh power and suthority to say what he wants, he may have also said this to confuse the other teams as FA says there aren't while Symond says they are...

i think he may be trying a 3 stopper for this race, if he comes in early... Therby trying to keep the lead for a good time, give something to the fans but the end result will not be too high. He also said he wouldn't be surprised if he ended by 5th by the first corner.. So i would think after qualfying these would be my picks:

Kimi

Massa

Kubica

Lewis

Alonso

Nick

Kova

Trulli

Any one else want to make any changes?

I think Massa and Kubi will pass Alonso pretty early on. Alonso drive well but he is on fumes. being at home gave him the extra motivation that helped him put the Renault hight then it should have been, something only the great drivers can really do. I do think thaout that he doesn't really have a chance at a podium unless Mass, well, pulls a Massa. I do think though that if he really has it in him and he is willing to fight he can make Hamilton's race hell by fending him off for 4th

Maybe, but I also think some people here need to calm down and grow up.

:lol: Nevertheless, you know I disagree.

I suspect he'll be quite far off in the end, in terms of pace anyway. Will be fun to watch though.

We all know this is Reno

If Alonso is that lighter... Does Alonso still have a new set of softers for the start?

If Lewis is that heavier...Does Lewis still have a new set of harders for the finish?

:sailor:

If Lewis is that heavier...Does Lewis still have a new set of harders for the finish?

:nono1:

Alonso's going to start lighter and with a new set of soft tyres he could take the lead in the first corner. :meeting:

He will open a gap and Hamilton won't be able to catch up with him because this is Alonso's home GP. :contract:

Hamilton will flat spot his last new set of harders but he'll believe the team did a great job overnight and installed a vibrator in the car. :rofl:

End of story!

I couldn't be bothered reading the other three pages, figuring it would be the usual Alonso v McLaren nonsense, so sorry if this has been discussed, but.... I think a few people need to start eating humble pie over Bobby Kubica...he is turning out just as consistent as that Kimi fulla...

Is he out-driving the car, or the car is really that good? I think it's the former, and if it is the former, should he not be praised in the same light as Alonso or Lewis?

I am enjoying the fact that qually is a lottery again, and so too a portion of the race....all the FIA have to fix now is laps 5 onwards :P

:nono1:

Alonso's going to start lighter and with a new set of soft tyres he could take the lead in the first corner. :meeting:

He will open a gap and Hamilton won't be able to catch up with him because this is Alonso's home GP. :contract:

Hamilton will flat spot his last new set of harders but he'll believe the team did a great job overnight and installed a vibrator in the car. :rofl:

End of story!

:blahblah1:

:P

Who's Lewis???

Make no mistake, Nando did a great job on the MP4-23 but it was possible because the car was good from the start and Alonso had to make some changes and set up to improve a few tenths. If you have a really bad car you are always far from the top no matter what you do.

Today Alonso said on TV they have two important issues to solve but one is more important than the other. If they know what's wrong they can improve, if you don't really know that it is far more difficult. Test drivers are very important for that matter, and today test drivers don't exist.

Yeah, those that speak of Alonso working on the development of the cars for months or whatever, don't get it. Alonso is a driver, not an engineer. A driver's job is to setup the car for each GP. If Alonso is to take credit, it can only be for that.

Anyway, congrats to you AleHop and all those cheering for the spaniard. It should be an interesting race... mind you, Kimi will take it.

BTW, I don't hear much talk about Webber and he did an outstanding job...

Yeah, those that speak of Alonso working on the development of the cars for months or whatever, don't get it. Alonso is a driver, not an engineer. A driver's job is to setup the car for each GP. If Alonso is to take credit, it can only be for that.

Anyway, congrats to you AleHop and all those cheering for the spaniard. It should be an interesting race... mind you, Kimi will take it.

BTW, I don't hear much talk about Webber and he did an outstanding job...

True. DC is looking more and more like and old whiner while Webber delivers. He never had a car that makes justice to his skills, regretfuly.

Only Australia was a bad race because of his accident but Webber's been doing a very good job the whole season so far. Barcelona seems to be even better for him.

LATEST NEWS: Alonso is on a 3 stopper strategy. <_<

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/formula-a...dasdaimot_1/Tes

I don't trust this guy, Carlos Miquel, Alonso told him to say that.

Read somewhere else-

Gp ticket..... 150 euros

Renault T shirt..... 35 euros

Alonso cap... 15 euros

Watch ron Dennis face in Q3....priceless

:lol:

i know Alonso is light, but...........

I predit shenanigans involving either Massa or Lewis

Own em Webber, own em!!!

Nice job Renault/Nando :thbup:

Thats it from me.

I see some still quote Alonso and take it for gold. One thing i figured out long ago is to take what Alonso says with grain of salt. I do not mean the last year thing by that, but the fact is he likes to play mind games with others.

I won't read the whole thread but I will say this:

Fernando, awesome effort well done indeed (how awesome we will find out when we see what lap you pit in the first stint)

Kimi you are the man, another win beckons.

Mark, top marks go to you, lets hope you can bag three points finishes in a row.

McLaren big effort required tomorrow.

BMW - Sauber, Robert great, Nick I'm not sure.

Honda getting closer.

Toyota, solid effort.

David come on, out of qualy so early!!!!

Cheers everybody, we are all set for a ripper of a race.