Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Scott Speed Wins!

I say WELL DONE Scott Speed!

That was a nice birthday present for little Eric then... :D

Well, I didnt know there was a little eRIC! :P

Nice to hear about Speed getting a win! Good for him :)

He won an ARCA race. To put this in perspective for our European members, ARCA is the equivalent to the British F3. A good series to be sure, but a bit pathetic for a former F1 driver to be competing in it.

A little underrated in F1 in my view.

He put some decent results in at times give his car but perhaps had too much of an, I'm better than this attitude.

Well, his attitude, in my opinion wasn't because he thought he was better than the sport. People think that because he didn't have Michael Schumacher or Ayrton Senna intensity/commitment, but that was because he simply enjoyed things too much. And you can't blame the guy; he has ulcerative colitis, and had a less than 10% chance of surviving surgery, which he only did so that he could continue to race (in a diaper). So, once you go through that, you aren't going to be taking a sport too seriously because there's just more important things to life. In the end, his attitude cost him, but he had good intentions.

He won an ARCA race. To put this in perspective for our European members, ARCA is the equivalent to the British F3. A good series to be sure, but a bit pathetic for a former F1 driver to be competing in it.

I don't find it the least bit pathetic. He could be like any of the other open wheel exports and suck c#ck in Sprint Cup, wrecking out of half the races and considering a 25th place finish 3 laps down good, or he could be learning how to drive a stock car in ARCA and Craftsman Truck so when he gets to Sprint Cup he doesn't look like a complete retard.

I don't find it the least bit pathetic. He could be like any of the other open wheel exports and suck c#ck in Sprint Cup, wrecking out of half the races and considering a 25th place finish 3 laps down good, or he could be learning how to drive a stock car in ARCA and Craftsman Truck so when he gets to Sprint Cup he doesn't look like a complete retard.

You can't bullsh!t a fellow American, Eric! I know what ARCA is and what level of competition is there...an F1 driver in ARCA is pathetic. It's a little like a teenager kicking around the kindergarten kids! If Speed had any real talent, he's do alright in [insert yearly sponsor name] Cup. Mario could do it, but Speed aint no Mario. Perhaps my defense of Speed in F1 has been misplaced. If he has to start in ARCA for God's sake then maybe he wasn't suited to F1.

You can't bullsh!t a fellow American, Eric! I know what ARCA is and what level of competition is there...an F1 driver in ARCA is pathetic. It's a little like a teenager kicking around the kindergarten kids! If Speed had any real talent, he's do alright in [insert yearly sponsor name] Cup. Mario could do it, but Speed aint no Mario. Perhaps my defense of Speed in F1 has been misplaced. If he has to start in ARCA for God's sake then maybe he wasn't suited to F1.

Under that logic, Juan Pablo Montoya is a bad driver. Jacques Villeneuve is a bad driver. Dario Franchitti is a bad driver. They all ****ing suck in Cup racing and should be in ARCA. So they must be awful drivers.

The fact is, the transition is damn hard to make for 97% of drivers who do it. They should be eased in to it and not thrown straight in Cup because they don't belong in Cup. If you can't run above middle of the pack in Cup, if you have 10 DNFs a year, you don't belong. That's true for every post-Tony Stewart transitional driver. They wouldn't suck so much if they weren't greedy assheads who wanted to make more money instead of actually taking the ****ing time to learn. It just shows what they are; they left open wheel for money, and they don't give a damn about success because they sacrificed ever getting a top 15 finish for money.

Back in the day, drivers paid their ****ing dues. Bobby Labonte won the Busch championship in 1991. He didn't go to Cup the next year, even after that. He ran again in 1992. Then in 1993 he got a Cup ride. You paid your dues. End of story. And it paid off.

Now we just have to find the next generic sponsor robot with no talent who buys championships (Jimmie Johnson, anyone?), and they have to win 10 races in their first 12 or else they join Joel Kauffman, Bobby Santos, Clay Rogers, etc in the "talented young drivers who were given a shot but won't get a second one despite being better than half the drivers out there" category.

And I have sympathy for those guys. I don't have sympathy for "talented drivers whose heads were so big they went straight to Cup and now they suck and will never get a ride," because those a##****s don't deserve a ride.

In conclusion, NASCAR can go whip Max Mosley's a## because it ain't what it used to be and it's just plain pointless.

Today's Truck race was good, though. I know Donny Lia, too. Northeastern Modified guys kick a##!

Under that logic, Juan Pablo Montoya is a bad driver. Jacques Villeneuve is a bad driver. Dario Franchitti is a bad driver. They all ****ing suck in Cup racing and should be in ARCA. So they must be awful drivers.

The fact is, the transition is damn hard to make for 97% of drivers who do it. They should be eased in to it and not thrown straight in Cup because they don't belong in Cup. If you can't run above middle of the pack in Cup, if you have 10 DNFs a year, you don't belong. That's true for every post-Tony Stewart transitional driver. They wouldn't suck so much if they weren't greedy assheads who wanted to make more money instead of actually taking the ****ing time to learn. It just shows what they are; they left open wheel for money, and they don't give a damn about success because they sacrificed ever getting a top 15 finish for money.

Back in the day, drivers paid their ****ing dues. Bobby Labonte won the Busch championship in 1991. He didn't go to Cup the next year, even after that. He ran again in 1992. Then in 1993 he got a Cup ride. You paid your dues. End of story. And it paid off.

Now we just have to find the next generic sponsor robot with no talent who buys championships (Jimmie Johnson, anyone?), and they have to win 10 races in their first 12 or else they join Joel Kauffman, Bobby Santos, Clay Rogers, etc in the "talented young drivers who were given a shot but won't get a second one despite being better than half the drivers out there" category.

And I have sympathy for those guys. I don't have sympathy for "talented drivers whose heads were so big they went straight to Cup and now they suck and will never get a ride," because those a##****s don't deserve a ride.

In conclusion, NASCAR can go whip Max Mosley's a## because it ain't what it used to be and it's just plain pointless.

Today's Truck race was good, though. I know Donny Lia, too. Northeastern Modified guys kick a##!

Bah.