Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fed up

Driver Of The Day - Barcelona

Driver of the day  

61 members have voted

1. 1. You decide

• Kimi
    • Felipe
    • Lewis
    • Bob
    • Mark
    • Jense
    • Nakajima
    • Jarno
    • Other

Ah well I can't argue with that, and even if I could I wouldn't, as it would be pointless.

It's warm again, the local short tracks of America are turning on their lights every Saturday night. I get real men (and a few women) in real cars battling it out for the win in the best on-track product I've ever seen (this stuff makes CART circa 1990s look boring), and popcorn chicken at my local short track. Once late April and early May roll in, I bail on the pro motorsports. They're just stupid to me.

And paying $23859084590843059/month for SPEEDTV is pointless, too. I'll pay my $12/week to go to my local short track instead.

Someone needs to be shot for screwing up the last corner of this already lame track.

Agreed.

Btw,PDLR commented about this: "yeah,it's very much loved...by the guys who made it" :lol:

It's warm again, the local short tracks of America are turning on their lights every Saturday night. I get real men (and a few women) in real cars battling it out for the win in the best on-track product I've ever seen (this stuff makes CART circa 1990s look boring), and popcorn chicken at my local short track. Once late April and early May roll in, I bail on the pro motorsports. They're just stupid to me.

And paying $23859084590843059/month for SPEEDTV is pointless, too. I'll pay my $12/week to go to my local short track instead.

Sounds damn good to me...hmm I think that sounds sarcastic when I'm being honest, oh well.

No seriously that sounds good Dave, but we haven't got that round these parts :(

Mark gets my vote for "Driver of the Day", great drive after hauling the RB4 into Q3 then putting the thing in P7 on the grid. To finish best of the rest is quite an achievement.

Honorable mention also goes to:

Jenson

Fernando

Robert

Kimi

Someone needs to be shot for screwing up the last corner of this already lame track.

Agree.

Webber. Simple as that. Congrats to the aussies around here. Much deserved.

Of course, Kimi rules. Total control, start to finish, no matter what mayhem elsewehere...

Easy to say now, where were you yestarday?

If there is a sucker here...

Yesterday they were making up excuses, you know, the rats abandoning the ship.... and, what else is new, today they are like pigs in sht enjoying Renault's engine failure and, GET THIS, falling over each other for Hamilton's third, that's right, third. They are happy with a _third_, they are celebrating a _third_... doesn't that tell you everything...

Nando. That Renault was nowhere as heavier compared with the others as people thought. Yet he was right up there, and should the engine resists, he could have even fought for a podium...in the R28!

True, true. Alonso was only TWO laps lighter than Massa. Unbelievable how that Reanult performed. You can only wonder if it had something to do with the blowout later on. Still, the main culprits are not saying so... congrats to the Alonsomaniacs.

:lol: Geeez it's late so I can't bash Alonso in full. But I'd never connected the engine blow up with his performance! Hmmm..... :P

Nods to Webber and Jensen. Looks like the Renaut is onto something. I am a bit disappointed of BMW, i was expecting to see them on the podium

The Speed coverage is pretty decent though... I watch it online....

Actually all the point finishers had good races and Alonso bar the retirement of course.

My vote goes to Kimi he had everything covered the whole weekend, and it is the first race of the season where he out qualified Massa, but my vote could have just as easily have gone to Webber.

Gotta give my vote to Webber, because Im biased, and because he drove the socks off his RB4. He's really starting to make DC look bad.

Glad Kovi is ok too.

In your dreams

;)

:lol: Just noticed that...

Sounds damn good to me...hmm I think that sounds sarcastic when I'm being honest, oh well.

No seriously that sounds good Dave, but we haven't got that round these parts :(

I'll 'ave you know that if you get on an aeroplane in 'eathrow I've got $12 more and an extra chair. You get to sit on the other side of the track, I don't trust you next to my wife.

The Speed coverage is pretty decent though... I watch it online....

Varsha, Hobbs, and Matchett are the best set of commentators I have ever heard, and Peter Windsor does a solid job (though he's a bit biased). All but two races their commentary is the only thing interesting about the race (both of those races were wet, Nurburgring 2007 and Hungary 2006).

Varsha, Hobbs, and Matchett are the best set of commentators I have ever heard, and Peter Windsor does a solid job (though he's a bit biased). All but two races their commentary is the only thing interesting about the race (both of those races were wet, Nurburgring 2007 and Hungary 2006).

Absolutely agree. They are fun, knowledgeable, and know each other well. I absolutely love their commentaries.

Now, I cannot believe that someone would vote Hamilton for DOD. He showed absolutely nothing more than the fact that BMW now has the pace of McLaren. He had a better start than Kubi (I guess Herr Doktor did not fix that problem yet) and then if Kubi got any closer to him, Loooooisssse would walk funny for a week.

Personally, I voted for Webber. Nick had a hell of a race, after that idiotic penalty. too bad he missed points.

Gotta give my , and because vote to Webber, because Im biased he drove the socks off his RB4. He's really starting to make DC look bad.

Glad Kovi is ok too.

Sounds good to me, another vote for Webs.

Webbo. But that's not a ringing endorsement. More a lack of competition.

Incidentally, the only person making DC look bad is DC.

:lol: Geeez it's late so I can't bash Alonso in full. But I'd never connected the engine blow up with his performance! Hmmm..... :P

Get it a go.. I bet you and I can squeeze a couple of smiles out of it....

Lets see what will happen at Turkey... with the same cars and driver I think we will enjoy a totaly different race much more funny with lots of situation and DC hit with other car (soory out of topic, but I cant resist Yick!) The responsable for the boring race is Montmelo such a shhht of a track!

My vote goes for Nakajima he finished!

This guys are amazing they voted for FA in other races becuase he was doing great in a crap of car, now the car is good he was set to finish seven had the raced developed normally and this time with a better car and he is still the DOD? why? I just can see why is he going to be DOD if the car is better now? ok I am blind B) and what ever you want to add the list, feel free to make your addition to the list.

Absolutely agree. They are fun, knowledgeable, and know each other well. I absolutely love their commentaries.

Now, I cannot believe that someone would vote Hamilton for DOD. He showed absolutely nothing more than the fact that BMW now has the pace of McLaren. He had a better start than Kubi (I guess Herr Doktor did not fix that problem yet) and then if Kubi got any closer to him, Loooooisssse would walk funny for a week.

Personally, I voted for Webber. Nick had a hell of a race, after that idiotic penalty. too bad he missed points.

You guys watch races with your eyes closed - Lewis overtook your man Kubi at the start and drove a faultless race to keep him behind despite similar pace and strategy - his lap times were within a whisker of the ferrari's and he didn't put a wheel wrong all race - What did Webber do? he qualified well and benefitted from nando's demise. Nick was unlucky with the safety car, but his pace has to be measured in terms of his team mate and he was found wanting - For me there were only a few good performances.

- Kimi for controlling the race and owning his team mate

- Lewis for never giving up

- Kubica for a qualifying performance that was quicker than Massa & Lewis, but a poor start cost him a podium

- Nando for out driving his car

I am able to remain objective because I try to watch the races without emotion. I don't hate any of the drivers and am able to rate them on performance alone.

<_<

Kimi for me! Just drived brilliantly withought breaking a sweat, Hamilton pushed very hard towards the end but I doubted he was gonna catch Massa!

I'll 'ave you know that if you get on an aeroplane in 'eathrow I've got $12 more and an extra chair. You get to sit on the other side of the track, I don't trust you next to my wife.

Yes, what you really mean is you don't trust your wife next to me, it's understandable... :lol:

This guys are amazing they voted for FA in other races becuase he was doing great in a crap of car, now the car is good he was set to finish seven had the raced developed normally and this time with a better car and he is still the DOD? why? I just can see why is he going to be DOD if the car is better now? ok I am blind B) and what ever you want to add the list, feel free to make your addition to the list.

Don't hate him and forgive us Alonso fans. God will reward you. B)

People who voted for Alonso do seem to be conveniently forgetting he nearly binned it on the warmup lap and that the dirt on his tyres there almost certainly cost him 2nd and possibly challenging for the lead in to turn 1.

For me there weren't any standout performances, and when that happens my vote has to go to the winner.

People who voted for Alonso do seem to be conveniently forgetting he nearly binned it on the warmup lap and that the dirt on his tyres there almost certainly cost him 2nd and possibly challenging for the lead in to turn 1.

Alonso had only 2 laps less fuel than Massa but still he was P2 on saturday. Ferrari is much better starter than Renault-BMW-McLaren together. Besides, Massa started on the clean side of the track and Alonso didn't have a new set of softers left for the start.

For me there weren't any standout performances, and when that happens my vote has to go to the winner.

Whenever I don't see any special driving/race, lately quite often honestly, I vote for a driver I like much normaly Alonso, Kubica, Kimi, Webber... That's it! I find this DOD thing quite stupid and unless I watch a thrilling race/driving I don't care about it. And I think most of you do just same thing, but you pretend to be very objective and analyst.

That would've been hilarious & emotionally sad at the same time, more 56% funny though!