Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ecapdeville

'no 2007 Formula 1 Videogame'

'No 2007 Formula 1 videogame'

planetf1.com

For the first time since 1996, Formula One looks set to miss out on the videogame market about Sony and Bernie Ecclestone failed to agree a new deal.

Sony has held the exclusive rights to produce F1 games since 2003 with the most recent edition of the game, which was based on the 2006 F1 season, coming out on the PS3 last year.

The five-year license reportedly cost Sony $15m per year.

However, it expired at the end of 2007 meaning a new contract was needed but that has, according to GamesRadar, failed to materialise.

The website reports that Ecclestone is "playing hardball" over the fee, wanting more than what Sony are prepared to pay.

And with no resolution on the cards as well no work having begun on a new edition of the game, it looks as is F1's gaming fans will be without a videogame this season.

-----------------

Could be this bad or good news?, are Sony going to loose the exclusive rights?...I would love to have a F1 game for the Xbox360...or maybe the creation of GP5?...

what do you think?

:lol:

well, i found out how to hack the names from the one i have on pc, and also most images, so well, i can race 2006 season with our current drivers (i play w vettel) :)

also, considering all my talent on it (i can only play w directional), i think i'll have still a looooooooooooong time with the one i got until i can finally use it fully hehe :)

On some other forum they said there was a rumour the guys who do GT had actually managed to buy the license for F1 recently.

On some other forum they said there was a rumour the guys who do GT had actually managed to buy the license for F1 recently.

I have the GT5 Prologue and it has the F2007 Ferrari in it. One can only hope that the rest of the grid will be included in the full version.

EA Sports has the exclusive rights to F1 games beginning next year, I posted an article a while back and I'm too lazy to go find it.

I know this is out of topic but is there a version of Flight Simulator X in spanish?

Of course!

maybe you could find it buying online... ;)

Eh who cares, PS3 has GT5 which will be awesome.

I care...

I dont have a PS3 but an Xbox360, so I cant play any F1 games... :mellow:

And I want a F1 game no another GT4 or GT5 or Forza or Need for speed or whatever.

EA?,,, I hate EA

Could be this bad or good news?, are Sony going to loose the exclusive rights?...I would love to have a F1 game for the Xbox360...or maybe the creation of GP5?...

what do you think?

+1 for even suggesting that!

I still play GP4 and I wouldn't change for any modern F1 game!I believe I have one of the latest versions hanging around here-somewhere, but I'm not really bothered to play it! If F1 gaming returns to its roots it would be incredible!

EA Sports has the exclusive rights to F1 games beginning next year, I posted an article a while back and I'm too lazy to go find it.

What happened to the Hamilton game??

I heard last year that hamilton had signed a record deal to be on the cover of a new F1 game??

Here it is:

Lewis Hamilton F1 title coming from EA

EA eye new racing franchise?

by Luke Guttridge

31 october 2007

It was only a matter of time before Formula One racing prodigy Lewis Hamilton was snapped up for a videogame, and it is hardly surprising to see EA behind a new deal, worth a reported five million GBP. The F1 championship runner-up will find himself the star of a new game set to debut next year.

Hamilton's new title will be out in 2008, according to British tabloid The Sun, with a releases on the "Xbox and PlayStation" mooted by the paper - presumably they mean the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. No word on what kind of gamer is on the table, though we'd hazard a guess at some kind of racing title related to Formula One.

Whether this new license means EA have won the rights to F1 from Sony Computer Entertainment remains unclear, but online chatter suggests this might be the case, given that EA Sports have been looking to land the license for some time.

http://play.tm/story/14230

What happened to the Hamilton game??

I heard last year that hamilton had signed a record deal to be on the cover of a new F1 game??

Here it is:

Lewis Hamilton F1 title coming from EA

EA eye new racing franchise?

by Luke Guttridge

31 october 2007

It was only a matter of time before Formula One racing prodigy Lewis Hamilton was snapped up for a videogame, and it is hardly surprising to see EA behind a new deal, worth a reported five million GBP. The F1 championship runner-up will find himself the star of a new game set to debut next year.

Hamilton's new title will be out in 2008, according to British tabloid The Sun, with a releases on the "Xbox and PlayStation" mooted by the paper - presumably they mean the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. No word on what kind of gamer is on the table, though we'd hazard a guess at some kind of racing title related to Formula One.

Whether this new license means EA have won the rights to F1 from Sony Computer Entertainment remains unclear, but online chatter suggests this might be the case, given that EA Sports have been looking to land the license for some time.

http://play.tm/story/14230

Last I checked, there's still 7 months left in 2008. And no "2007 game" means no game will be made with the 2007 carset. EA's game will be 2008 cars; they're releasing a NASCAR game in June with the 2008 cars, so I expect them to do the same for F1.

But that's just a guess, haven't heard anything about the game, so maybe it got scrapped...

Last I checked, there's still 7 months left in 2008. And no "2007 game" means no game will be made with the 2007 carset. EA's game will be 2008 cars; they're releasing a NASCAR game in June with the 2008 cars, so I expect them to do the same for F1.

But that's just a guess, haven't heard anything about the game, so maybe it got scrapped...

Yeah otherwise they would atleast make some announcements, videos, pictures, Anything!!

It's been ages since I last saw a good F1 game for the PC.

Last one was GP2...in brilliant VGA colours.

Gah, rFactor.

F1 1988

F1 2007

F1 1979

F1 1955

F1 2005

And in the works...

F1 1989

F1 1999

F1 1961

F1 1986

F1 1992

F1 1985

F1 1994

F1 1991

And those are just some of many.

Alternatively, you could play Batracer.

Yes rfactor...but it is actually too good. GP2 was easy enough for the reflex challenged like me.

It's been ages since I last saw a good F1 game for the PC.

Last one was GP2...in brilliant VGA colours.

Oh yeah, and running in DOS, the fastest operative system (fastest than any windows crap version).

Ohhh...old days...when you had to use HIMEM.SYS and other applications to liberate the protected memory...

my great computer...a 386 with 32Mb RAM and a VESA Video Card... ^_^

Oh yeah, and running in DOS, the fastest operative system (fastest than any windows crap version).

Ohhh...old days...when you had to use HIMEM.SYS and other applications to liberate the protected memory...

my great computer...a 386 with 32Mb RAM and a VESA Video Card... ^_^

Oh, I jumped right in for a 486 with VESA too! Ahhh the thousand different boot disks! Those were the days!

Oh, I jumped right in for a 486 with VESA too! Ahhh the thousand different boot disks! Those were the days!

Yeah i remember those huge a## floppy disks to put in the computer to play that racing game... Can't rember but that had pretty good graphics at that time...

Yet another example of Bernie being a greedy little git.

Would be great if the guys who develop the Grand Turismo got a hold of the rights for F1.

Yet another example of Bernie being a greedy little git.

Would be great if the guys who develop the Grand Turismo got a hold of the rights for F1.

Here are some clips of the f2007 in GT5 Prologue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QldYIje7z00...feature=related

Graphics are stunning - don't care too much for the engine sound. This is only the prologue, though. Hopefully they will get the sound together by the full release.