Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Indy 05 Made Me Quit Ferrari

Rubens Barrichello said he made the decision to leave Ferrari halfway through a grand prix in 2005. The Brazilian veteran, who will set a new record as the longest-serving grand prix driver in formula one history this weekend in Turkey, reveals that the final straw was a radio call during the infamous US grand prix at Indianapolis. Despite the fact that only six Bridgestone-shod cars were contesting the race, Barrichello recalled to the Brazilian television network TV Globo that he was asked to let his teammate Michael Schumacher pass him -- despite the German not being in the hunt for the title that year.

Well, that's what you get for being Michaels bitch

But then, I shouldn't just blame Michael - the toadster is at least equally to blame.

Ferrari 2000-2005, through sheer dominance, basically killed F1. It would still have been a spectacle had Rubens been allowed to race Michael, or that I'm certain - Macca and Williams would certainly have been closer in the standings had there been no team orders as such for Rubens to follow, and with that closeness breeds stress, and that stress breeds little errors, and that my friends are what championships can be decided on.

Irvine always new the score, I think Rubens did too, he just didn't want to admit it. Honestly you'd have to be blind not to see his role in Ferrari. Does anyone else get the impression these are the words of a guy who knows his career is up? At the very least becoming the most experienced F1 driver ever next race likely triggered this.

Well, that's what you get for being Michaels bitch

Was Massa Michael's bitch too?

And now, is he Kimi's bitch?

Rubens come on don't start whinging now seriously. You where the perfect lap dog for Michael, quick but not quick enough, good at tyre testing something Michael happily left you in charge while he concentrated on other areas and until now good at keeping your mouth shut. You had the chance and seriously you just are not good enough, but hey keep your chin up, not many were.

Come on Rubens ;)

More shocking news!!!

Stoddart admitted: "Perhaps Minardi was no WCC material"

Alex Yoong: "I wasn't the next Schumacher"

Flavio: "Girls aren't with me because of my looks"

I guess that now he is Jenson's number two, if he is that fast to beat Michael why he doesn't beat Jenson? :eusa_think: maybe JB is faster than MS, I don't really think he quit Ferrari, he had a better future in Ferrari finishing second than what he have now, I don't really believe that, if he was that fast in that race and he was so angry why he didn't overtook MS when he came so close in the pitstop that they almost crashed?, he was right there but he didn't keep up the pace and he is not that good obeying orders, in that famous Austrian GP he waited to the last moment in the race to let MS pass, I just don't believe him he is just trying to make himself look better, he should be doing better in the track and not in the press.

More shocking news!!!

:o

I watched this interview. He said in fact 'he knew there was nothing on contract that said the cars would be equal, but he was happy to know he would be able to compete schumi'. then he commented austrian gp (when he had to let schumi pass), 'people stopped m on the streets to ask why was that because only then they were finding out what was happening, and i knew it for a long time, just became opened to public then'. 'The Indianapolis race in 2005 was what made me quit in fact, because they kept radio'ing me, telling me to do things to support schumi, they even told me to put my engine power a bit down. then i knew i couldn't go forward' 'I learnt a lot from the team and yeah, also from Michael'

Before he spoke about being compared to Senna 'when he died I wanted to show people there was still a brazilian there, but i didn't intend to be the new senna, i just wanted them to know i was there too. im brazilian, i love my country and im proud to say it, but people took it as if i had to be like him.' On the end he showed his cute kids karting and was crying *for a change* when he was asked about retiring, 'i could really go home now if i wanted (meaning he has the money to retire) but *cries more* but I wanna race, I wanna continue racing' 'In Honda I see opened skies and I have the chance to win, so that's why I'm there'.

:lol: After the race he said he lost fair and square. So either he lied then, or he lied now. You can choose which lie to believe, which one makes you feel all warm on the inside. I'll jsut ignore him thanks.

More shocking news!!!

:lol::lol:

Yeah I never thought Rubens was Schu's bitch...

I watched this interview. He said in fact 'he knew there was nothing on contract that said the cars would be equal, but he was happy to know he would be able to compete schumi'. then he commented austrian gp (when he had to let schumi pass), 'people stopped m on the streets to ask why was that because only then they were finding out what was happening, and i knew it for a long time, just became opened to public then'. 'The Indianapolis race in 2005 was what made me quit in fact, because they kept radio'ing me, telling me to do things to support schumi, they even told me to put my engine power a bit down. then i knew i couldn't go forward' 'I learnt a lot from the team and yeah, also from Michael'

Before he spoke about being compared to Senna 'when he died I wanted to show people there was still a brazilian there, but i didn't intend to be the new senna, i just wanted them to know i was there too. im brazilian, i love my country and im proud to say it, but people took it as if i had to be like him.' On the end he showed his cute kids karting and was crying *for a change* when he was asked about retiring, 'i could really go home now if i wanted (meaning he has the money to retire) but *cries more* but I wanna race, I wanna continue racing' 'In Honda I see opened skies and I have the chance to win, so that's why I'm there'.

:lol: That must be your longest post? Maybe you like Rubinho after all!

And I remember after Indy '05 Michael saying how exciting and close the race had been between the Ferraris :lol: I wonder what the team were telling MS in that race though. They might just have turned both engines down, though RB does suggest he was supporting MS.

More interestingly though is that this kind of team play is inevitable when you have a team sport. Strangely enough in a team sport, teams will work together for their own ends. It's no good blaming Ferrari, we ought to get rid of the teams.

Rubens is hugely ridiculed and unrespected over here (Brazil).

hey, u brazilian too and i didnt notice bfore hehe

Rubens honestly I felt had the upper hand throughout 2004, I think the car suited his style better. Clips of schumacher running around frantically copying Rubens setup during qualifying remains vivid in my mind. Apart from good raw pace, Rubens was better than him that year...

my opinion :D

:lol: That must be your longest post? Maybe you like Rubinho after all!

And I remember after Indy '05 Michael saying how exciting and close the race had been between the Ferraris :lol: I wonder what the team were telling MS in that race though. They might just have turned both engines down, though RB does suggest he was supporting MS.

More interestingly though is that this kind of team play is inevitable when you have a team sport. Strangely enough in a team sport, teams will work together for their own ends. It's no good blaming Ferrari, we ought to get rid of the teams.

in fact i was on msn w Erico and he told me of the interview so I asked my boss if he wanted a transcription, so that's why i know exactly what he said.

You can't get rid off teams. Where drivers will take money to drive from? Teams means investitors, they pay to have their branch assimilated to that team, not only to those drivers. (exception for Johnny Walker and Kimi) It's not bout Felipe or Kimi, it's about the strengh of Ferrari branch, and the small horse painted on the car. ok ok, that'd make things fair, but well, we're not gon have an sport if we don't have money to sustain it. It'd become a bike race.

Interesting that he has chosen now to divulge this info. I have never been a huge Rubens fan but its not like i dislike him....... but he should just keep hismouth shut, no point in making statements like that.... unless Honda are thinking of dumping him maybe sonner rather than later......

You guys are reading too much into this.

1) He never said that he is better than Schumi or that he would have been the best except for team orders. He always showed admiration for MS, as well as Senna. Rubinho never came up as the jealous type of guy. All he says is that *sometimes* he was forced to slow down and that must surely be frustrating. Though, he chose to endure that instead of being in an inferior team. His choice (which I criticize).

2) He is not spewing loads of bitterness. Seems more like explaining what led him to leave Maranello. Yes, he sounds resented, but nothing out of the ordinary.

3) The guy is a great driver. Maybe not WDC material even if Schumi never existed, but at least enough to be best of the rest. He certainly was much more better and impressive even acting as Schumi's bitch than Massa even when he is allowed to race Kimi.

4) The guy loves F1. Everybody in the paddock recognizes him as a good man and he is reputed as a very hard worker. That is what is all about. Schumi lovers should not feel threatened.

5) An I am still with you 100% Rubinho. May you have more years of a not too bright but very honorable career.

Strange he stayed there for so long.

He last until he earned the last check!

So Rubens you sold your honour... and was treated as you deserved!

ah iforgot one thing. he said bout austria that the team paid him his ten points bonus, so it was fine.

Interesting that he has chosen now to divulge this info. I have never been a huge Rubens fan but its not like i dislike him....... but he should just keep hismouth shut, no point in making statements like that.... unless Honda are thinking of dumping him maybe sonner rather than later......

fact is that here people r always making pressure over him. 'if you didn't....' 'if you did...', and i understand he meant to say people didn't know what he was thru. he didn't say those things for free, he was asked, and he noticed it was the right time to say what really happened. he's not saying he would've been wdc if it wasnt for that stuff, but he's saying for example, he would've won that race, and that was important for him, and for his image here, cus after that, no one respected him further. he just wanted to say it wasn't his choice, he didn't slow down because he thought Schumi would appreciate him and become his bestfriend, but because he was told to.

, and for his image here, cus after that, no one respected him further. he just wanted to say it wasn't his choice,

That is the problem. I remember the race quite clearly. Michael had a longer first pitstop and he got ahead, then at the next stop they were neck and neck and Michael went past fair and square - RB was asked after the race if that ws fair and he said yes, they were told to hold position after the second stop which he was a bit peeved about. Now he comes up with a new story. So he is in effect saying 'I am a liar and a worm since I won't dare speak my mind'. Why would anyone respect him?

That is the problem. I remember the race quite clearly. Michael had a longer first pitstop and he got ahead, then at the next stop they were neck and neck and Michael went past fair and square - RB was asked after the race if that ws fair and he said yes, they were told to hold position after the second stop which he was a bit peeved about. Now he comes up with a new story. So he is in effect saying 'I am a liar and a worm since I won't dare speak my mind'. Why would anyone respect him?

no Cav, As I remember Rubens were slightly ahead of MS into the corner, and had to brake late and thats what almost cause the collision...

let's youtube this...

its like, 'while im paid, i say it was fair, when im not, i say truth'