Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Driver Of The Day - Turkey

YOU CAN PICK MORE THAN 1!!!!!!!  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who was/were the Driver(s) of the Day?

• Massa
    • Hamilton
    • Raikkonen
    • Kubica
    • Heidfeld
    • Alonso
    • Webber
    • Rosberg
    • Coulthard (at least he didn't crash)
    • Other
    • My favourite driver - he always is

I'm allowing people to choose multiple drivers for this one BECAUSE,

It should mean that consensus wins through.

If you plump for your favourite driver just because he's your favourite driver, then at least try to pick someone else who you actually think had a good race too.

If you can't do that, then just tick the "My favourite driver" option so we can discount your rabidly subjective vote.

;)

EDIT - my votes go to:

Massa - good pole - sensible and fast driving - he did the right thing when hamilton came up on the inside - he knew he was lighter and he knew he had the race won - no point taking them both out - that shows maturity when i would have previously expected him to close the door.

Hamilton - for that move - he was lighter yes, but it's till nice to see someone pass like that on the track rather than in the pit lane.

Alonso - for completing the race that he could have done in Spain and for having the shopping trolley of a car up where it really shouldn't be.

Webber - for another quietly consistent weekend in the RB.

i think someone didn't read my post - but i could be wrong.

i think someone didn't read my post - but i could be wrong.

true, change your title to driver's of the day...which really does'nt make any sense at all...and the voters will vote for their 2 or 3 fav drivers....

I just vote for Hammy because I didn't read the post before voting but I think the three on podium did a great job, I think Kimi could have done better and and Massa too, Hamilton did the best job with a three stopper that was a great risk and to make that strategy work you have to be pushing during the whole race, Kimi had the fastest lap in the fisrt stint but was not that fast during the second one, I don't know if his front wing suffered some damage in the contact with HK but he was not that impressive as he is sometime.

Massa did everything he needed to do to win the race, anyway he was suppose to win it, but nobody thought that Hamilton would do something like that, he was just great, I wanted him to finish at least third so Kimi could get two more point but at the end of the race 6 points is what Kimi deserved for what he did in the race.

Yes, he did have some damage in his front wing, he said this:

Raikkonen, though, was counting his blessings after a first-corner incident with compatriot Heikki Kovalainen almost robbed him of his front wing.

"I didn't have a very good start," assessed the Finn.

"I got to the side of him on braking, but then I got a little bit squeezed on the inside.

"I tried to slow down and get behind him, but he just turned in a little bit, and the unfortunate thing for both of us is I broke the front wing and he had a puncture.

"I knew pretty much what had happened, that the end plate had come off, and although it's difficult to say how much difference it made, it didn't help.

"So we chose to use the front wing for the whole race because it takes too long to change it, and it wasn't too bad.

http://www.totalf1.com/fullstory/view/2577...than_no_points/

I think I will never get used to see poeple voting for Alonso just for driving, he is not doing anything special but he gets a vote anyway, he doesn't finish the race and he gets a vote, I have to check the IRL poll probably there is someone voting for Alonso there.

I voted for Massa. He drove a good race. Not pretty, but got the job done. Hamilton did well too, and Webber and Rosberg and Alonso.

true, change your title to driver's of the day...which really does'nt make any sense at all...and the voters will vote for their 2 or 3 fav drivers....

:D will do - i think everyone's only voted for 1 person so far, even though they've listed 2 or 3 as having good races - maybe multiple choice democracy is too big a step for totalf1 society to handle right now.

I just vote for Hammy because I didn't read the post before voting

yep :lol:

and yes kimi's front wing was indeed damaged - although it can't have been significant since he still turned in the fastest lap.

I think I will never get used to see poeple voting for Alonso just for driving, he is not doing anything special but he gets a vote anyway, he doesn't finish the race and he gets a vote, I have to check the IRL poll probably there is someone voting for Alonso there.

I voted for Alonso and I don't support the guy at all. I voted for him because his performance in a car that should be coming in after the red bulls and williams is outstanding. that engine is rubbish, but he managed to get 6th place out of it. i call that good driving myself - who ever it may be.

Be objective - credit where credit's due.

I voted for Massa. He drove a good race. Not pretty, but got the job done. Hamilton did well too, and Webber and Rosberg and Alonso.

And again :lol:

EDIT -

have changed the poll to say "YOU CAN PICK MORE THAN ONE" and the question. The topic title stays as "driver of the day" though, since one driver will be DoD in the end.

Heiki Kova-lean-one.

He must have been so disappointed with the unfortunate love tap from Kimi and subsequent puncture. A gutsy, never-say-die drive and loads of entertainment from him - and no whinging and excuses (so far!).

I'm allowing people to choose multiple drivers for this one BECAUSE,

It should mean that consensus wins through.

If you plump for your favourite driver just because he's your favourite driver, then at least try to pick someone else who you actually think had a good race too.

If you can't do that, then just tick the "My favourite driver" option so we can discount your rabidly subjective vote.

;)

Good call. I prefer the multiple choices.

Indeed, there is someting irrational about the Alonso votes.

Heiki Kova-lean-one.

He must have been so disappointed with the unfortunate love tap from Kimi and subsequent puncture. A gutsy, never-say-die drive and loads of entertainment from him - and no whinging and excuses (so far!).

I am with you on this. We all knew that Kova was on a walk through hell when he signed in for McLaren's brand of equality. He had to give up the right to speak but he is driving back and forth over the best driver in F1 history. Whenever (and _if_) he is given half the chance Hamilton enjoys, Kova is gonna be unstoppable (within McLaren's capacity).

Hamilton for his brilliant race, lighter or heavier he managed to finish 2nd.

Alonso as he managed to finish first behind Ferraris, McLaren's and BMW's with a still crappy car. I don't think his Renault is so much better than Williams and Red Bull. He makes the difference.

And yes, voting for Alonso is always irrational. It always has been and it always will be.

:D will do - i think everyone's only voted for 1 person so far, even though they've listed 2 or 3 as having good races - maybe multiple choice democracy is too big a step for totalf1 society to handle right now.

probably :lol:

I am with you on this. We all knew that Kova was on a walk through hell when he signed in for McLaren's brand of equality. He had to give up the right to speak but he is driving back and forth over the best driver in F1 history. Whenever (and _if_) he is given half the chance Hamilton enjoys, Kova is gonna be unstoppable (within McLaren's capacity).

Well I'm not with you, you pernickety pillock. "We all knew......." What utter bollocks, it's just you that won't leave it alone maureen. I really don't want to be associated with your incredibly yawn-inducing slants at everything McLaren and how they run their business. Can't you understand it's old news, the huge majority would like to move on if it's not too much trouble for you. So please, 'walk' away in short jerky movements .

[mooning]Sheesh, I'm not even a McLaren fan, but you really take the cake.[/mooning]

I voted for Alonso and I don't support the guy at all. I voted for him because his performance in a car that should be coming in after the red bulls and williams is outstanding. that engine is rubbish, but he managed to get 6th place out of it. i call that good driving myself - who ever it may be.

Be objective - credit where credit's due.

Alonso has the same engine as Webber in the Redbull - All things being equal and assuming the Macs/ferrari's and BMW's finish he will compete with Webber for 7/8th place - On occassion the williams/toyota's will have a good race, but it is folly to claim that Alonso is punching above his weight. He is not!

Lewis/Massa for driver of the day IMO

:rolleyes:

Felipe and Hami did a very impressive race while kimi seems a little unconfortable at Turkey. Kovi was very unlucky and Fisi under pressure is a very different driver... trying to get 19th place from 20th at the first corner is one of Fisi career highlights!

He gets votes because he is positioning the dump truck called R28 where it shouldn

I voted for Heidfeld. He was almost never on camera but he did a good job hustling up to 5th from 9th to keep BMW second place in the Constructors championship

Well I'm not with you, you pernickety pillock. "We all knew......." What utter bollocks, it's just you that won't leave it alone maureen. I really don't want to be associated with your incredibly yawn-inducing slants at everything McLaren and how they run their business. Can't you understand it's old news, the huge majority would like to move on if it's not too much trouble for you. So please, 'walk' away in short jerky movements .

[mooning]Sheesh, I'm not even a McLaren fan, but you really take the cake.[/mooning]

true true...

Maureen must learn to simmer down...

The point of driver of the day is to pick one actually. If you want several pick make it winners of Turkey or something. My own choice is rather difficult, not much to pick as everyone did mostly what expected. I guess i will give it to Rosberg for getting point and beating out Toyota. Alonso and Webber are also high on list.

Hamilton for his brilliant race, lighter or heavier he managed to finish 2nd.

Alonso as he managed to finish first behind Ferraris, McLaren's and BMW's with a still crappy car. I don't think his Renault is so much better than Williams and Red Bull. He makes the difference.

And yes, voting for Alonso is always irrational. It always has been and it always will be.

What's so great about that? I guess you all forgot that his car was improoved a lot, we are talking about a car that qualified in the fisrt row in spain and a car that was lighter than the rest at the biggining ofthe race, he was the first one to pit, alonso is only looking good because of his team mate, Alonso managed to get the rid of Fifi because he wanted to look good again, put a better driver in the other Renault and then compare, you can what you want about Alonso but there will always be a Hamilton(the rookie that beated him because he was not treated as number one) in track to remind us about the truth and that truth is that Alonso could not beat him fearly.

What's so great about that? I guess you all forgot that his car was improoved a lot, we are talking about a car that qualified in the fisrt row in spain and a car that was lighter than the rest at the biggining ofthe race, he was the first one to pit, alonso is only looking good because of his team mate, Alonso managed to get the rid of Fifi because he wanted to look good again, put a better driver in the other Renault and then compare, you can what you want about Alonso but there will always be a Hamilton(the rookie that beated him because he was not treated as number one) in track to remind us about the truth and that truth is that Alonso could not beat him fearly.

we can also say that Alonso defeated Schumi on -at best- a similar car in 2006, and in track the truth is that Schumi could not defeat Alonso B)

Rubbish!

Can you please substantiate your comment that he is outperforming the car - In 2007 they were the 4th fastest team on the grid and that is no different in 08 - It is the blind leading the blind if you honestly believe that the Renault has suddenly lost ground to it's competitors over the course of one season.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/seasons/2007/

Don't believe the hype

;)

And besides that what happened to the improovements they were talking about they already made? this guys are talking about Renault like a team without resources to make a car better, but guess what they have done that car better, stop talking like that about that car because it is a lot better now, even Alonso says that so you MUST admit it too.

we can also say that Alonso defeated Schumi on -at best- a similar car in 2006, and in track the truth is that Schumi could not defeat Alonso B)

At the beggining of the season Renault had the best and then Ferrari improved their car and there was nothing Alonso could do to stop Schumi, Alonso was so desperate that he started to blame his team of not supprting him only lady luck gave that title to Alonso and you know it, if you don't, don't worry I am here to remind you all about it.

At the beggining of the season Renault had the best and then Ferrari improved their car and there was nothing Alonso could do to stop Schumi, Alonso was so desperate that he started to blame his team of not supprting him only lady luck gave that title to Alonso and you know it, if you don't, don't worry I am here to remind you all about it.

sure sure, only luck :lol:

anyways........