Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Driver Of The Day - Turkey

YOU CAN PICK MORE THAN 1!!!!!!!  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who was/were the Driver(s) of the Day?

• Massa
    • Hamilton
    • Raikkonen
    • Kubica
    • Heidfeld
    • Alonso
    • Webber
    • Rosberg
    • Coulthard (at least he didn't crash)
    • Other
    • My favourite driver - he always is

Just remember he won't respect you in the morning or return your phone calls :D

Yeah, well you never bought me flowers.

Incorrect. If Schumis engine hadn\'t blown in japan Alonso would still have won by one point. Alonso also had an Engine failure in Monza, funny how you anti-alonso zealots forget that when you go on your delusional rants. Also, notwithstanding Michael binned his car into the wall in Australia, and he cost himself points with his silly parking maneouver in Monaco. The incident in Brazil was indeed unlucky, but things like that happen in racing, just look at kovy\'s incident in this race. In the end, Michaels errors over the course of 2006 are what cost him the title, which kinda bins your luck theory because if things where adjusted for the 2 engine failures Alonso would still have won the title. With the tremendous amount of luck that schumacher has had over the course of his season, it is funny that his fans accuse Alonso of being lucky. Plus, we had the tyre and pit stop mixups, the engine failure, the mass damper ban, the rediculous monza penalty... So to say Alonso\'s 2006 was all plain sailing and Michael\'s was totally unlucky is ignorant, bordering on rediculous.

Go look in the history books and tell me what happened on the 43rd lap of the italian GP in 2006. The result may surprise you!

Funny how you slag off Alonso\'s fans, yet you are one of the biggest anti-alonso pro ferrari/kimi/michael zealots on this forum, in fact you are no better than the people you are criticising in all honesty.

Probably barrichello for all the times he was forced to defer to yours truly

You are missing the point that the 2006 Formula 1 season was held over 17 races, not 2. The idea of the championship is that it reflects the best driver over the course of a season, not over the course of 2 races. Alonso won, and Michael lost now stop crying about it, accept it, and get a life.

Kimi wasn\'t the fastest driver, he had a car that was faster than the renault by about 3/4 to 1s per lap on most circuits, bar the first 3 races where McLaren just totally got it wrong. At the end of the day no driver just lucks into a win. If another car retires, that is unfortunate but the person in the car following has to step up to the plate and take the win, it isn\'t just handed to them on a plate. If you look at the results Fisichella achieved in 2005 with the same car as Alonso, it will put things into perspective. At the end of a day, how can you expect him to keep up with a car that is such a significant chunk faster than him. It could also be argued that Kimi threw away 2 of his wins in 2005 himself, breaking the driveshaft in Imola by over agressive driving and flatspotting his tyre in Europe through sheer carelessness. At the end of the day yes I will admit Reliability played a part in the 2005 title, but the point that you are missing is that reliability does not cover for the talents of a driver, and if the McLaren had been more reliable, it could have been argued that Kimi won simply because his car was miles better than everyone elses. At the end of the day, Fernando took the 2005 championship it was not handed to him.

Can\'t see why people need to keep dragging up old crap to further their anti-alonso arguments, but the fact remains he is a double champion and he deserved the titles he won. In 2007 he wasn\'t the best driver and he didn\'t deserve to win. All it calls for is some objectivity and that is something I feel the Ferrari/Raikkonen zealots on this forum apparently seem to sometimes lack.

Very good post indeed.

Incorrect. If Schumis engine hadn\'t blown in japan Alonso would still have won by one point. Alonso also had an Engine failure in Monza, funny how you anti-alonso zealots forget that when you go on your delusional rants. Also, notwithstanding Michael binned his car into the wall in Australia, and he cost himself points with his silly parking maneouver in Monaco. The incident in Brazil was indeed unlucky, but things like that happen in racing, just look at kovy\'s incident in this race. In the end, Michaels errors over the course of 2006 are what cost him the title, which kinda bins your luck theory because if things where adjusted for the 2 engine failures Alonso would still have won the title. With the tremendous amount of luck that schumacher has had over the course of his season, it is funny that his fans accuse Alonso of being lucky. Plus, we had the tyre and pit stop mixups, the engine failure, the mass damper ban, the rediculous monza penalty... So to say Alonso\'s 2006 was all plain sailing and Michael\'s was totally unlucky is ignorant, bordering on rediculous.

Go look in the history books and tell me what happened on the 43rd lap of the italian GP in 2006. The result may surprise you!

Funny how you slag off Alonso\'s fans, yet you are one of the biggest anti-alonso pro ferrari/kimi/michael zealots on this forum, in fact you are no better than the people you are criticising in all honesty.

Probably barrichello for all the times he was forced to defer to yours truly

You are missing the point that the 2006 Formula 1 season was held over 17 races, not 2. The idea of the championship is that it reflects the best driver over the course of a season, not over the course of 2 races. Alonso won, and Michael lost now stop crying about it, accept it, and get a life.

Kimi wasn\'t the fastest driver, he had a car that was faster than the renault by about 3/4 to 1s per lap on most circuits, bar the first 3 races where McLaren just totally got it wrong. At the end of the day no driver just lucks into a win. If another car retires, that is unfortunate but the person in the car following has to step up to the plate and take the win, it isn\'t just handed to them on a plate. If you look at the results Fisichella achieved in 2005 with the same car as Alonso, it will put things into perspective. At the end of a day, how can you expect him to keep up with a car that is such a significant chunk faster than him. It could also be argued that Kimi threw away 2 of his wins in 2005 himself, breaking the driveshaft in Imola by over agressive driving and flatspotting his tyre in Europe through sheer carelessness. At the end of the day yes I will admit Reliability played a part in the 2005 title, but the point that you are missing is that reliability does not cover for the talents of a driver, and if the McLaren had been more reliable, it could have been argued that Kimi won simply because his car was miles better than everyone elses. At the end of the day, Fernando took the 2005 championship it was not handed to him.

Can\'t see why people need to keep dragging up old crap to further their anti-alonso arguments, but the fact remains he is a double champion and he deserved the titles he won. In 2007 he wasn\'t the best driver and he didn\'t deserve to win. All it calls for is some objectivity and that is something I feel the Ferrari/Raikkonen zealots on this forum apparently seem to sometimes lack.

great post :thbup:

Group hug!

Now you're talking! I think me and Brad want to join in.

Actually I did, but I arrived early and Mrs Dribs had them (and me) first. :D

p.s. you'll need to order some more tinned Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney pies - we used them all up ;):D

:lol:

Actually I did, but I arrived early and Mrs Dribs had them (and me) first. :D

p.s. you'll need to order some more tinned Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney pies - we used them all up ;):D

Blah, blah, Bentos, blah.

Sorry I don't have time to read the entire thread, but here are my thoughts on Driver of the Day:

Felipe: Another strong Turkish GP, I picked him in PPP - But I'm still waiting to see Felipe fight for a win.

Lewis: Good effort and made a three stopper work pretty well for him.

Kimi: Disadvantaged by the front wing but still not a great race, a solid race effort.

Robert: Good drive.

Nick: Good recovery but still 17 odd seconds down on Robert.

Fernando: Best of the rest well done

Mark: Same as Fernando

Nico: Picks up the lucky point and Thanks Heikki :D

Blah, blah, Bentos, blah.

:o Blasphemer! You take the name of the great God Bentos in vain!!! :o Say three Hail Mattesons and one Our Peperami!

It clearly states in the Gordonus Ramsayus (the holy book of Bentos) that:

- In the beginning there was the pie and Bentos spoke and said "Let there be gravy!" ....and there was!

- Bentos created the culinary range as we know it in six days and rested on the seventh (as She was shagged out)

- Bentos spoke to Alan and said - I will give you a present and overnight, removed one of his ear-rings and created something of great value - the key for corned beef tins. Its correct use is known only to a few wise folk and those not initiated will often be heard praying and calling to Oaf Ukket (saint of lost causes) and making sacrifices of blood.

- And Yvonne, his mate, one day was walking through the park and was sorely tempted by a saveloy

- And one day Bentos spoke to Noel and said - build me a chip shop and ensure that you have two of every food that is bad for you within, for there is a Spurs v Arsenal match coming and there will be a great famine when the match is over. There was a great rubbing of tummies....

- Later, much later Bentos called Noses to Mount ArteryFat (near Manchester) and gave him two tablets (as he had a headache) and gave him the 10 commitments:

* Thou shalt not kill, as you don't need to for Fray Bentos provides sustenance in tinned form

* Thou shalt not steal as you don't need to, Tesco's are doing a special deal on Bentos pies at half price

* Thou shalt not worship false idols such as Posh Spice (as she clearly needs to eat a few more Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney pies)

* Thou shalt honour thy mother and father as they introduced you to Fray Bentos in the first place

* Thou shalt not cover thy neighbour's ox as you don't need too, Bentos has big farms with lots of Oxen in them where they are always covered if it gets chilly

* Thou shalt not fib - we all know you love Fray Bentos tinned steak and kidney puds, really don't you?

* Thou shalt not do any work on Saturday as qualifying is on and the chippy is open

* Thou shalt not commit adultery as the resultant maintenance payments ruin any chances of you eating junk foods

* Thou shalt only support Bentos as other brands are clearly inferior

and finally

* Thou shalt not make fun of Bentos as She is the one true pie-maker and canner of meat extraordinaire

:D

:o Blaphemer! You take the name of the great God Bentos in vain!!! :o Say three Hail Mattesons and one Our Peperami!

- In the beginning there was the pie and Bentos spoke and said "Let there be gravy!" ....and there was!

- Bentos created the culinary range as we know it in six days and rested on the seventh (as She was shagged out)

- Bentos spoke to Alan and said - I will give you a present and overnight, removed one of his ear-rings and created something of great value - the key for corned beef tins. Its correct use is known only to a few wise folk and those not initiated will often be heard praying and calling to Oaf Ukket (saint of lost causes) and making sacrifices of blood.

- And Yvonne, his mate, one day was walking through the park and was sorely tempted by a saveloy

- And one day Bentos spoke to Noel and said - build me a chip shop and ensure that you have two of every food that is bad for you within, for there is a Spurs v Arsenal match coming and there will be a great famine when the match is over. There was a great rubbing of tummies....

- Later, much later Bentos called Noses to Mount ArteryFat (near Manchester) and gave him two tablets (as he had a headache) and gave him the 10 commitments:

* Thou shalt not kill, as you don't need to for Fray Bentos provides sustenance in tinned form

* Thou shalt not steal as you don't need to, Tesco's are doing a special deal on Bentos pies at half price

* Thou shalt not worship false idols such as Posh Spice (as she clearly needs to eat a few more Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney pies)

* Thou shalt honour thy mother and father as they introduced you to Fray Bentos in the first place

* Thou shalt not cover thy neighbour's ox as you don't need too, Bentos has big farms with lots of Oxen in them where they are always covered if it gets chilly

* Thou shalt not fib - we all know you love Fray Bentos tinned steak and kidney puds, really don't you?

* Thou shalt not do any work on Saturday as qualifying is on and the chippy is open

* Thou shalt not commit adultery as the resultant maintenance payments ruin any chances of you eating junk foods

* Thou shalt only support Bentos as other brands are clearly inferior

and finally

* Thou shalt not make fun of Bentos as She is the one true pie-maker and canner of meat extraordinaire

:D

:lol:

:o Blasphemer! You take the name of the great God Bentos in vain!!! :o Say three Hail Mattesons and one Our Peperami!

- Bentos spoke to Alan and said - I will give you a present and overnight, removed one of his ear-rings and created something of great ................................................................................

:lol::lmavfa:

Awesome Meani-Wan kenobi, bloody brilliant!

:lol: Meani's joke was very good...

Now I must ask, is it bad if you haven't ever heard of that Bentos woman? :unsure:

Now I must ask, is it bad if you haven't ever heard of that Bentos woman? :unsure:

I was going to say, probably on a par with Mrs Pot Noodle, but that will make no sense to you either!

No, it's not bad, in fact probably better that you haven't :lol:

Thanks Freaky/all

See http://www.pie-man.com/worldofpies/ask/bentos.htm , http://www.myspace.com/fraybentospies and http://www.premierfoods.co.uk/our-brands/f...bentos_home.cfm

Fray Bentos have found a way of putting a pie in a tin-can. Surely not? How? Must be magic :D

Starts out looking like something from an Aliens movie but magically transforms into an edible (just) pie.... the domain of students, those people on low incomes and the very sad and lonely :) They are part of the English psyche and as British as, well Yorkshire Puddings (don't ask about those) and Fish and Chips....

Fray Bentos is also the leading brand in the UK for tinned corned beef

Fray Bentos is also the leading brand in the UK for tinned corned beef

I just think it's inherently wrong that you know that! :lol:

Haha, thanks for the lesson on alien pies xD (So sad that I'll probably end up buying them too, if they are part of the menu for pitiful students xD)

:lol: Very good Chris. But Paul does have a point. You should be trying to improve British cuisine, not talking about leading brands of tinned corned beef! Dear God! Who buys their corned beef tinned in this day and age? M&S do it in little plastic containers that little kids can choke on, plus they use up more non-renewables.

Haha, thanks for the lesson on alien pies xD (So sad that I'll probably end up buying them too, if they are part of the menu for pitiful students xD)

Wow. You've got big ideas for a student. You're planning on buying pies? Freshers can't buy fresh food over here. You have to make a tin of beans last all term. Obviously it will get moldy after the first week, but they'll teach you how to cut off the bits of the beans that are bad. :P

Wow. You've got big ideas for a student. You're planning on buying pies? Freshers can't buy fresh food over here. You have to make a tin of beans last all term. Obviously it will get moldy after the first week, but they'll teach you how to cut off the bits of the beans that are bad. :P

Evil :(

I just think it's inherently wrong that you know that! :lol:

:D Er, a friend told me <cough>

You should be trying to improve British cuisine, not talking about leading brands of tinned corned beef!

Corned beef is the king of foods!!! - I mean, you can make sandwiches out of it, make corned beef hash and, er... er....

....Well I make a mean corned beef hash that if were you to taste, you would not deride blessed Corned Beef - the manna given to us by the great god Bentos.

Dear God! Who buys their corned beef tinned in this day and age?

Me :DAnd I eat tinned curries....

You're planning on buying pies? ... fresh food over here....

Fray Bentos pies - fresh food????!!! What's wrong with this sentence :D

Corned beef and potato pie. Mmm. That's all the major food groups in one handy package.

Since Fray Bentos is only about 100 miles away from BA, maybe Andres could go there on a fat, sorry, fact finding mission for us.

Fray Bentos pies - fresh food????!!! What's wrong with this sentence :D

:lol: OK, OK. I have to confess I've never had a Fray Bentos pie. What can I say....it's top of my list of things to do before I'm thir-tay!

And Freaky: I'm sure Varda will send you treats now and again, maybe fish and paella. That's when she's not too busy posting here. :P

:lol: OK, OK. I have to confess I've never had a Fray Bentos pie. What can I say....it's top of my list of things to do before I'm thir-tay!

Pretty soon then :P

And Freaky: I'm sure Varda will send you treats now and again, maybe fish and paella. That's when she's not too busy posting here. :P

Which will, in turn, get mouldy until they arrive. Niiiiiiice xD