Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Silly season

Well, im really just posting to see what you all think about the Kimi negotiations with Mclaren. What do you all think? I mean, I certainly think that the negotiations are going on, and most likely I would think that Mclaren is closing in on what they want, why else would anything be publicized? But mclaren are taking a bigone here, if indeed the Guardian is not lying Kimi would be with them until 2007! I mean thats not only a risk for mclaren, but what about for Kimi? Kimi most ceratinly has the skill but will Mclaren stay at the top...???

I can't believe McLaren are offering 5 million for Kimi!

It would be an amazing deal, but i think Kimi is saving himself for Ferrari. I also think he would prefer to race next season, rather than be a test driver.

Well remember that this is only what the Guardian has said, and it is known that the English media have some people with very working imaginations...

Anyway if Mclaren were to sign a deal with Kimi during the next few weeks I think it would see Kimi staying at Sauber for another season to build his race experience, and then Mclaren would bring him in in 2003. I do not see Kimi leaving the grid next season, as I'm sure he knows he needs race experience.

What I see going on is Ron Dennis trying to buy the rights to Kimi's contract, which would prevent any of his rivals (i.e. Ferrari) from getting him. Quite like Frank Williams 'owns' Jenson Button and quite like Flavio Briatore 'owns' Fernando Alonso and Jarno Trulli.

Next year I see the same lineups at both Mclaren and Sauber, but what I WISH for 2003 would be a Mclaren pairing of Kimi Raikkonen and (yea, you guessed) Mika Hakkinen! It would be magnificent, two Finns both in the same top team! And you know I see chance in it. I cant see Mika retiring until at least the end of 2004 since he is only 32, I mean Michael will be at Ferrari until the end of 2004 and they are just about the same age. I really cant see why people question his motivation, I mean so many million times he has said he is as motivated as ever. Lets face it, Mika has done a better job at Mclaren than David Coulthard over the years theyve been teammates, and I saw this season as the ultimate (maybe even last) chance for DC. If David is still at Mclaren next season it will most definitely be his last chance, because unless he can capitalise Ron Dennis will not want to bother anymore, of course making room for Kimi in 2003!

Kimi at Ferrari, I certainly hope not. Michael will be there until the end of 2004 and until then it is not smart to join the team as Kimi would only end up supporting him. And by 2005 Mclaren will have picked him up, probably much sooner than later.

More info, you guys who actually come to the forum will get to know first, Im not posting this until Im more sure of the situation.

There is heavy, i repeat, HEAVY possibility that Mclaren are Michelin's newest customer. wait for more...