Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagman

Sly's new movie 'Driven'

Has anyone seen Sylvester Stallone's new Champ Car movie 'Driven'?

This was the movie that was going to be based on F1 until Sly canned the F1 idea because he though he wasnt be given enough access into the world of F1...

I have read some bad things about the movie, but I am wondering what real race fans think of it?

I havent seen it, but I dont think it can be that great. I mean I heard that the word CART or ChampCar wasnt used once in the entire movie, so I doubt most of the American population knows that these cars are real. I mean, in the commercial theyre driving the CART cars on streets in regular traffic at 200mph and then they crash or something. I dont really think it will be good but Im gonna go see it anyway, though Id much rather see Jurassic Park 3 (which comes out in July!)

Sly Stallone, the thinking man's Mike Tyson.

I don't think so!

Does anyone remember that other open wheeler racing movie which the Yanks made some years ago?

Dozens of the same stock shot of the "hero" hacking the wheel back & forth like he was sawing wood.

There will have to be a love scene(badly acted) & lots of bad guys, probably British.

Sly will beat up lots of people & lose his best friend in a burning car, no doubt with bright orange flame even though methanol burns colourless.

Matter of fact we don't need SS & co. we could write the thing ourselves.

Of course, stupid of me not to think of that.

Maybe I'm wrong about the British though. China seems to be enemy of the month.

So, possibly oriental terrorists holding the brickyard crowd hostage until SS exterminates 10,000 of them from the seat of his stars & stripes racer while winning the race & proposing marriage to the girl next door.

I have seen the preview to this movie and it doesn't really look very good. As TotalF1 Jens already posted, driving a CART car 200mph in the city is pretty stupid and i don't think it is very realistic. Do you? The story of the movie sounds pretty stupid, too and what the PEOPLE's magazine critics said about the movie didn't sound that good, either.

I'd say this is definitely NOT a movie worth its money, even though i haven't seen it yet. :(

it no gone in 60 secs but hey come on its about cars. how can that be bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you want to see a good car chase try seeing Ronin starring robert de nero

Yeah. it is about cars. I agree. But we don't want cars only, because it's not only about cars, but also sport. The movie doesn't really look like it's about the sport of racing but more about Sly. I still don't think i would like to see that movie.

Right, it's supposed to be about the sport of motor racing & at least it's on a street circuit, no matter how unrealistic.

Not like the oval track rubbish they try to pass off to us in real life.

I watched a bit of the Nazareth race with 22 second laps.

It was simply pathetic, no sense of speed or finesse just round & round. (They are very fast & skillful but TV seems to lose that)

I had wondered why people watched races for the crashes. Now I know.

Sly's movie is made with these four second attention span people as the primary target audience.

Slot car racing would be more exiciting.

:biggrin:

I still reckon they must get dizzy going round and round like that.

Bet they have sore shoulders and lean to the left when they get out of the car too!

I doubt that their shoulders sore because they train their muscles especially for that and they know what kind of forces they will experience, just like F1 drivers.

About the being dizzy, that probably feels like being drunk :) !!!