Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew

Excuses excuses.

Could someone please explain to me why the people at McLaren feel the non-European or fly away races are a valid excuse for being off the pace for the first 3 races of the season? I just don

Poor McLaren.  You would think, with there years of experience they would be used to fly away races by now.

Next excuse please!

Claire

It's nothing to do with the tracks, just that they can't do any testing with the cars while they're flying off all round the world - the next European race is at Imola, and the next test session for McLaren is a few days before that...which means that they can't develop or test any new parts...

Sorry, but that is still a cr*p excuse.  

All the other teams have to go through the same thing, yet they haven't gone down hill,as much a McLaren.  

As I said earlier, the macs have been in F1 for a long time, they should be able to organise themselves better.

Claire

Well actually Sam was right. McLaren had the late launch which meant they didnt get down and dirty with their new car as much as they would have liked. Now that Wurz is testing last years car he can only test certain parts which causes less improvement. Ferrari have the advantage of having their own track and factory in a single place so they can run tests on their new car. It is a valid excuse y'all, dont worry! McLaren will get to speed at Imola, if not even at Brazil.