Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Ferrari Advantage

read the latest top story yet?

I think the people at Ferrari, Ross Brawn, Rory Byrne, Todt, can be SO very smart! That is an unthinkable loophole and they found it!

We'll just have to see how the other teams catch up. That perfectly explains why the Ferrari's were so fast in the rain at Malaysia.

I think McLaren will be closer to their form in Brazil, and I have a few sources to back me up...

yes, very clever on their part, but its a shame that the days of pure racing have gone, now its about stretching or bending the rules to find an advantage, then the other teams have to bend and stretch the same rules in order to be able to compete...

then it all starts again...

To an extent I agree with the sentiment Jagman, but I must confess I believe that formula one has been bending and stretching the rules since their inception. Thats why f1 has such a technological leaning. It is streaks ahead in technology because the design teams use the rules to their advantage.

I DO agree that it does take some of the 'oomph' out of racing in pure speed but then drag cars are the true speedsters aren't they?

f1 is a combination of strategy, skill and speed. If you limit the strategy would it still be formula one?

Formula One has never been about pure racing - the Mercedes' cars of the fifties, Colin Chapman's Lotuses of the sixties, and how they flew! They were the first to have wings and design the cars aerodynamically at the end of the sixties - it was all about having the superior car and having as much advantage as possible in hand.......what Ferrari are doing is tame by old standards - they're so restricted - it's not like adding another wheel, or something!