Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ana

HHF to Prost

Yeap is seems to be official, our f1 correspondent called me and let me know that Alesi is going to Jordan whilst HHF moves to Prost I asked if it's a rumour and he told me it's official so one less prob for us to do our head in!lol

seems to be true judging by the news here at totalf1 and the 'breaking news' totalf1 update email I just got - alesi has signed with jordan too...

Also in the jordan story, alesi in in Jordan overalls so it sort of proves its been on the cards for a while..I wonder if this is why HHF got the boot from Jordan...

Umm seems it is true, an official statement has been released by Prost GP:

HEINZ-HARALD FRENTZEN TEAMS UP WITH LUCIANO BURTI

After 29 Grands Prix within the Prost Acer team, Jean Alesi has expressed his wish to put an early end to his contract which was due to last until the end of the 2001 season.

Alain Prost, considering Jean

Alesi to Jordan, I expected, but HHF to Prost, well I never would have guessed that.

I suppose now we will be able to directly compare two established drivers.  I would hate to be in Alesi's shoes if HHF does better than him at Prost :)

These new driver/team combinations together with lower order team improvements should make for a two part series in 2002.

The way I see it, Ferriri & Williams to fight for first place with McLaren & Sauber at their heels.

Then a big gap (3 or 4 seconds) to the rest.

Sorry guys i couldn't acess this site yesterday i don't know what was wrong! Oh well fact is the switch has been made and i just don't understand Alesi i mean this could be the end of his career as i don't see jordan signing him for the next season!He has a certain age that is true but for God sake he's not running around a circuit he is driving a car and he can still be a great pilot!

Jagman i work for a sports managemet and marketing company and we have the TV rights for F1 in my country so as i manage the account it's inevitable that this guy calls besides he owes me big time so he always does that when he knows something new! :) )

It's won't be as uncompetitive as that next year, GnS!! Stability in the rules over the cars and the engines allows the lower teams to close up, I think the top ten will be closer than this year...and more consistent in the races...

As for Alesi - he still has the chance to prove he's got it in him now...if he impresses, I think we'll see him with Takuma Sato or Jenson Button next season, with Jarno Trulli off to Benetton...

Sam, wasn't it Minardi themselves who said that they improve every race but unfortunately the top teams improve more so as the season progresses they, if anything, get further behind.

Ana, what a great job, I'm envious.

Yeah just fab can ya believe i had arrange for paddok passes to Hungaroring and they are not letting me go as they need me here!;(((